Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

After the loss to Armenia our chances of qualifying became very slim anyways and now with Fortounis out that pretty much just completely ends any slim chance we might have had.. Another missed Tournament for the Ethniki... The sad reality is it’s over after 4 games and this team can’t even keep it competitive until the end of this tournament.. another dreadful showing...

• Like it 1

J1078 it's very disheartening especially after our dramatic comeback in Bosnia. Now we lose Fortounis when we're going into the biggest match vs Finland. If we had our house in order from EPO to coach to the players then 2nd place in this group would have been ours. 

Only Italy have a better team overall talent wise but our coach pretty much gave them the win in Athens with his ridiculous lineup.. So frustrating. 

• Like it 1

It was inevitable after Sokratis called him out after the Armenia game. Ange is a very good man I wish it would have worked out better for him and the Ethniki but the last two games were a mess. 

Let's see who they go to now? I'm hearing Ouzounidis or they said on sport fm they will go with a foreigner with no connection to Greek football. Anyways they don't have much time until the next game but I hope they can land a manager that will be successful and last. 

• Like it 1

Can someone tell me whats going to change? Regardless of any coach we get are these players good enough to be in a Euro. The EPO are as clueless as they have ever been. Look at how long it has taken them to make this decision...

With the budget they I don’t think we can get anyone decent or better than Skibbe or Anastasiadis. Hope I’m wrong.

I’m usually an optimist, but with the loss of fortounis this campaign has officially gone to s%$#!. I do think we have players skilled enough to be there but fortounis was critical to the team. Honestly the ONLY person we can’t really do with out, even if manolas or sokratis were injured we have plenty depth but an attacking force  taken out of our shad? It’s going to be a tough few games to watch

Edited by Bardouuu

This guy was not the right fit at all but who ever they bring in I personally think this team is so broken and just not good enough to make the euros... The EPO doesn't care about the NT and it almost seems like its a burden for them and they don't really want to focus on them so they are just going through the motions.. Either our players aren't good enough or just don't care enough but its become even more clear as this is now the 3rd tournament in a row we are going to miss. The way the EPO runs the NT I have no hope for even the next waive of players that will eventually start to come up..

They need time and some consistency.  Anastasiadis was good in building moral however he didn't know how to prepare for games.  To have a three week camp and not scout Italy at all is crazy.  To not know what formation to play and change it right before kick off is insane.

• Like it 1

Anastasiades pulled names out of hat to play them in different positions on the field, along with his subs. He lied to everyone that he had a knowledge of Greek football. He had No Idea about the players and Greek football. He was an old hack! 

Part of the criteria that must be in the next interviewing process for a prospective coaches, is to name 3 best Greek players for every position, and to write out 2 hypothetical teams he would choose and what subs he would use in different situations. Just to give the EPO an idea how he thinks. 

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 3

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

This guy was not the right fit at all but who ever they bring in I personally think this team is so broken and just not good enough to make the euros... The EPO doesn't care about the NT and it almost seems like its a burden for them and they don't really want to focus on them so they are just going through the motions.. Either our players aren't good enough or just don't care enough but its become even more clear as this is now the 3rd tournament in a row we are going to miss. The way the EPO runs the NT I have no hope for even the next waive of players that will eventually start to come up..

Our players are good enough especially to get 2nd place in this group so not being able to achieve qualification will be almost as bad as when we failed to qualify for Euro 2016. 

Let's hope they can go to Finland and squeeze out a win although without Fortounis it will be difficult but Finland are a country who have never qualified for any European Championship or World Cup.. 

7 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

They need time and some consistency.  Anastasiadis was good in building moral however he didn't know how to prepare for games.  To have a three week camp and not scout Italy at all is crazy.  To not know what formation to play and change it right before kick off is insane.

That’s it! The revelations over our prep to these games is astounding - lack of prep I should say. You can’t run a NT like this, I’m also surprised this happened with Giannakopoulos & Basinas in the coaching team 

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

That’s it! The revelations over our prep to these games is astounding - lack of prep I should say. You can’t run a NT like this, I’m also surprised this happened with Giannakopoulos & Basinas in the coaching team 

Ya that's puzzling that with those guys the team was still dysfunctional. 

With Sokratis and Manolas at CB and Samaris and Zeca in midfield we shouldn’t be giving up goals so easily. It has to be a much deeper problem. I believe these days you need support from everyone which includes the coach to get by. It can’t be just up to the individual player to figure out how to win. 

In my opinion we need to find the right combinations between our players. Whether that means having Fetfatzidis and Tachtsidis in the same 11 then so be it. If we don’t want to trust youth then this has to happen. I mention these 2 names because they are our most creative excluding Fortounis. 

Our problem is we are not using our most talented players. Lykogiannis is another name being ignored. Does anyone understand that we haven’t conceded a goal with Lykogiannis in the team. These little things matter. We need a coach who can understand these small things. 

Pelkas and Mantalos don’t operate well on the wing. Bakasetas isn’t good enough. Kolovos and Masouras are useful off the bench. 

I even thought we did fine with Bouchalakis and Kourbelis at CM. You see,  these are combinations that help us. Torosidis can still offer something but needs to be replaced. 

I don’t know but I all I can say is we should find a decent coach who can understand what I just stated. At least we would be going off on the right foot. 

While it is true most of us were hopefully leading up to the Italy game, we were quickly disappointed.  The loss themselves are not what did it, it is his lack of tactical awareness.  How does a head coach have a three week camp and not talk about the opponent? How he plans to play a slow cb at left back when he never played that position before against our toughest opponent. How the player told him that he didn't feel comfortable? Did they not practice this formation? This is why the tide turned against him. 

• Like it 2

20 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Deano, Samaris and the two CB's are not who they used to be. Only international class player is Zeca, who is of origins elsewhere.

To be honest I’m tired of seeing Samaris be not effective. What exactly does he bring for us. He is just a tall guy who is slow and dosent offer much - starting to become the new Tziolis. 

Samaris, and Tzioli$ are plodders, looking for the coins they dropped on the pitch. Not going to break a game open or save a situation. Siopis and Zeca play like someone is trying to steal their girlfriends and are right in the thick of the action. I prefer the latter two. Actually, I prefer a Latte!

• Like it 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Samaris, and Tzioli$ are plodders, looking for the coins they dropped on the pitch. Not going to break a game open or save a situation. Siopis and Zeca play like someone is trying to steal their girlfriends and are right in the thick of the action. I prefer the latter two. Actually, I prefer a Latte!

working like someone is trying to steal their girlfriends lmao that's a quote and a half

• Thanks 1

There is this middle eastern chick that's a hottie, long legs, but it is evident that she has some facial hair in the moustache region. How do I offer friendly advise although, not offend I wonder..I hate seeing her not fulfill her true potential.

My suggested call up would be to get inspiration from the only person that can squeeze out a solution like no other, plays the big moments like Salpingitis or Gekas used to and score pressure goals in their heyday...you know who I'm talking about Rockafella baby!!

On 7/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, ausgreek said:

There is this middle eastern chick that's a hottie, long legs, but it is evident that she has some facial hair in the moustache region. How do I offer friendly advise although, not offend I wonder..I hate seeing her not fulfill her true potential.

My suggested call up would be to get inspiration from the only person that can squeeze out a solution like no other, plays the big moments like Salpingitis or Gekas used to and score pressure goals in their heyday...you know who I'm talking about Rockafella baby!!

just be honest. she might initially be offended but because you were honest it will also build trust. double edged sword though if she's a dumby might just choose to be offended. high risk high reward, baby!

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic