Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

Pjanic is now playing in the match against Italy and is only sitting against Finland.. BS

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/457281/paizei-me-italia-o-pianits/

Typical Uefa would Greece have gotten a decision like this? What about us losing Manolas for the first playoff game vs Croatia over what the intentional yellow for time wasting and the decision to suspend him came almost a month after the Cyprus game and a week before the playoff.. If Greece can beat Italy I would guess that they would take care of the Bosnians at home even with Pjanic. 

• Like it 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:05 AM, J1078 said:

Pjanic is now playing in the match against Italy and is only sitting against Finland.. BS

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/457281/paizei-me-italia-o-pianits/

Take your blinders off and be a rational sports fan. Ask yourself is that love tap really worth a 2 game suspension? If it is then soccer is the biggest pussy sport ever. 

11 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Take your blinders off and be a rational sports fan. Ask yourself is that love tap really worth a 2 game suspension? If it is then soccer is the biggest pussy sport ever. 

No I don't think it's worth two game suspension.  As a Greek fan I wish he was sitting but yes its the right call for him to play.. I juts wish FIFA would have been as rational when Manolas got suspended for the most important game for so called "Time Wasting"

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bayer Leverkusen player Retsos of 2 Bundesliga and Arsenal player Mavropanos could be Greece's next successful CB pairing in 2019-20.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 9:08 PM, ausgreek said:

Bayer Leverkusen player Retsos of 2 Bundesliga and Arsenal player Mavropanos could be Greece's next successful CB pairing in 2019-20.

They can be. That’s if they can get a full season without injury. Especially if they are playing for their clubs right through. Next season will be big for them, hopefully they can stay injury free and get to that next level. Same can be said for Tasos Donis. 

• Like it 3

If Tziolis is back I’m officially done with this organization... 

Surprised the EPO hasn’t officially fired Ang... I keep hearing they are looking for a foreign coach but our very slim hopes of qualifying happens in September against Finland so hopefully a decision is made soon..  

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

If Tziolis is back I’m officially done with this organization... 

Surprised the EPO hasn’t officially fired Ang... I keep hearing they are looking for a foreign coach but our very slim hopes of qualifying happens in September against Finland so hopefully a decision is made soon..  

What Tziolis?? 

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, any piece of bad luck that can come our way, has done so once again!

In a recent friendly for Olympiakos, Fortounis has seriously injured his knee and will be out of action for approximately 6 months! So no Fortounis for a while and let’s face it, he was our only attacking threat... 

I’m sure Pelkas will get the nod know to play in his spot but we need natural wingers to support him. Fetfa should be in our squads now too given we need as much creativity as possible

46 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

As usual, any piece of bad luck that can come our way, has done so once again!

In a recent friendly for Olympiakos, Fortounis has seriously injured his knee and will be out of action for approximately 6 months! So no Fortounis for a while and let’s face it, he was our only attacking threat... 

I’m sure Pelkas will get the nod know to play in his spot but we need natural wingers to support him. Fetfa should be in our squads now too given we need as much creativity as possible

Frigin unbelievable!! Ever since the 2014 world Cup we have the worst luck..

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Mantalos and Pelkas provide some depth as a dekari, but they don't have the quality of Fortounis. What little hopes we had of turning around this qualifying campaign just took another blow. 

True they are nowhere near as technical on the ball as Fortounis. Our hopes to qualify just took a huge hit. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic