Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I wonder what’s going to happen now that Siovas has been named the best defender in La Liga. He had a good showing the last 2 matches for Greece and deserves to continue playing. Manolas and Sokratis are our best but we shouldn’t neglect Siovas.

We might go to a back 3. Also to note K.Papa has returned and could also potentially be in the team. We also have our future in Retsos and Mavropanos. 

Kpaps is not better than any of those players. He shouldn’t even get a call up. Plus, he’s hurt every 2 weeks. 

2 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Siovas hs earned a starting spot. Manolas on the bench. No player owns a Greece starting spot, its a privillege.

That’s true it should be a privilege. Same should go for Masouras and Kolovos. They had good showings and looked more promising than Mantalos and Pelkas.

9 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Kpaps is not better than any of those players. He shouldn’t even get a call up. Plus, he’s hurt every 2 weeks. 

On his day he is very good. He can also score goals. He is very injury prone and that is what cost his career. I can imagine what his career would look like if he wasn’t always injured. 

• Like it 1

Most of our players are injury prone. We can never have a full squad. KPaps on his day is very good. I think we still lack some leadership especially in the middle. This is where Samaris and Zeca come in. We need them to be more dictating and organising things. Zeca by the way was a big part as to why we drew Bosnia. His work rate alone saved us in that game. 

14 hours ago, ausgreek said:

KPaps doesn't make top 5 CB's for Ethniki now. Sokratis, Siovs, Manolas, Retsos & Mavropanos. 

Mavropanos barely starts for Arsenal this season and the few games he has arsenal ate so many goals.

Retsos has been out as much as Kpaps this season. I'd personally like Retsos to be our RB to just make it sturdy. His crossing and ability going forward is suspect. He's very conservative defensive winger. Kinda reminds me of Vyntra but with way more potential.

Siovas you can make an argument for and he's the only one of the 6 that has long ball playing abilities. He also is uniquely left footed and as the great prophet elphantos says he's the one with the most brains of the 6 (possibly Retsos does too but haven't seen enough of him and he's not as robust.)

How ever you want to put it guys, Kpaps has hardly training due to injury, injury after injury and long term is not easy to come back the same player, national team selection is not an option until he can retain some consistency.

Retsos will also need to come back fighting next season. Mavropanos trains in EPL quality every day, and with more game time will only get better, great option.

It’s a good headache to have regarding our cbs. We have plenty of them and are secure for the future. Same goes for Gks. We have some good Lbs that can hold down the the spot for a few years, while at RB it’s a concern. Kitsiou has not developed to the player I have wanted. Bakakis has reached his ceiling and is not good enough and Torosidis is our passed. The only player I can think of is Masouras of Panionios. Very fast and talented. Our coach should keep an eye on him. 

We have CDMs, CAMs, but very little of CMs. 

What is surprising to me is that we have plenty of wingers coming up the ranks. Which is exciting to see as this almost never happens with Greece. Lamprou, Limnios, Chatzigiovannis, Donis, Manthatis and someone else I’m missing. Masouras aswell. If we want to play wingers then play them because we do have them. 

As for strikers this is where we are hurting most. Mitroglou is very injury prone and takes time to get back into form. Koulouris is doing well for himself, Durmisaj hasn’t shown enough yet, especially on the international stage. Kampetsis is our future and should be taken care of. We have something in this player that I’m not sure some are aware of. 

So to sum up RB, ST and CM positions need to be taken care of. We naturalised Zeca to solve our problem in the middle but isn’t the full answer. Durmisaj has been naturalised to be a back up to Mitroglou. I also think Mitroglou won’t be a starter from now on. He is 30 and is too slow to begin with. I don’t mind if he comes on in the 60th minute to do something. I believe we should we should placing Masouras at RB from now on. He has got all the tools to be our RB for the next 10 years. Speed, dribbling, passing, crosses, tackling and so on. Above all he is 22. 

We should see this down the line..

Vlachodimos

Masouras Sokratis Manolas Koutris

Zeca Galanopoulos 

Lamprou Fortounis Masouras 

Koulouris 

Galanopoulos hasn’t been used. We should see what he offers instead of playing Samaris all the time and Kourbelis. Donis, Kolovos and Mitroglou can be our super subs. 

• Like it 1

As far as Retsos and Kpaps are concerned they have been injured a lot and for me personally the NT is not a guarantee and no spots should be held for guys that have been out a long time. Both guys need to play regularly with there club team and get back into form from after there long lay off before being considered for the NT again. The NT is not in position to call up guys so they can workout the rust out of there game at the NT expense as we need in form guys that are playing there best before being called up again regardless of who you are. 

• Like it 2

10 hours ago, J1078 said:

As far as Retsos and Kpaps are concerned they have been injured a lot and for me personally the NT is not a guarantee and no spots should be held for guys that have been out a long time. Both guys need to play regularly with there club team and get back into form from after there long lay off before being considered for the NT again. The NT is not in position to call up guys so they can workout the rust out of there game at the NT expense as we need in form guys that are playing there best before being called up again regardless of who you are. 

I agree with this and I would like to think it would be the case but I don’t think so with some of our players. Manolas and Sokratis are locks in the team. Whenever they are available they will start. Same goes for Fortounis too. The best players should start and the most inform. That’s why I found it odd that Lamprou didn’t even get called up. Anyways I think Anastasiadis and his staff have a plan in mind and let’s hope it works out.

17 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I think they should start grooming a RB for when Toro calls it a day, or for when he is subtly told his time is up.

This is what I was thinking. His time is almost up, I believe he has a little bit left in the tank but by the time the Euro comes around he would already would be done in my opinion. That’s I think it’s important we start grooming someone at RB now so he can be familiar with the team and get game time and also experience. Then when the Euro comes around he would be ready with no questions asked. That’s if we make it, hopefully we do.

• Like it 1

That’s a big question mark indeed. International level is different than club. You must have great technique and be simply a faster player to do well internationally. Koulouris needs work still but the number of goals he has scored are excellent. 

11 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

We are stocked with CB and Goalies going forward.

Lets see what will happen at the striker position will koulouris step it up and be the next Mitroglou?

Hopefully better than that. Mitroglou is nothing special. He has his moments. 

3 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Hopefully better than that. Mitroglou is nothing special. He has his moments. 

Yes hopefully he will end up being a better player. If koulouris can give the NT what Mitroglou gave them during the 2014 WCUP qualifying then that should propel Greece into the Euro's.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic