Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Bakakis isn't much worse then Tsimikas or Koutris and he was a key player for AEKs title run. 

Torosidis is still okay for one more compaign. Obviously these guys aren't ideal but Bakakis/Torosidis are our best options at RB at the moment. Retsos if fit and in form is up there too.

Bakakis has some pace and doesn't tire easily and he puts in massive effort both defensively and offensively. 

Toro gets gassed by 60 but still is a decent crosser + not terrible defensively. 

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Pelkas and Stafylidis are now injured. I wouldn’t mind Bouzoukis and Kyriakopoulos taking their place. Also Lykogiannis is now an option. We haven’t conceded a goal with Lykogiannis playing. I hope we see Bouzoukis in the team now but something tells me we will see Bakasetas again. I really hope that dosent happen.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Bakakis isn't much worse then Tsimikas or Koutris and he was a key player for AEKs title run. 

Torosidis is still okay for one more compaign. Obviously these guys aren't ideal but Bakakis/Torosidis are our best options at RB at the moment. Retsos if fit and in form is up there too.

Bakakis has some pace and doesn't tire easily and he puts in massive effort both defensively and offensively. 

Toro gets gassed by 60 but still is a decent crosser + not terrible defensively. 

I think Bakakis can help us in transitioning from the back to the front because of his quickness. But he is weak in defence. Torosidis still has dangerous crosses but is slow and gets tired easy. So they are both not good enough really. I hope Masouras the RB makes a career for himself because we don’t have anyone else there. You could put the player from Asteras Kotsiras. Decent player.

• Like it 2

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Dean97 said:

Pelkas and Stafylidis are now injured. I wouldn’t mind Bouzoukis and Kyriakopoulos taking their place. Also Lykogiannis is now an option. We haven’t conceded a goal with Lykogiannis playing. I hope we see Bouzoukis in the team now but something tells me we will see Bakasetas again. I really hope that dosent happen.

Im a fan of Lykogiannis and I think he could help the NT. As I have said I dont want Bakasetas playing during this campaign. 

Very excited to see Greece kick off the campaign in a few weeks hopefully the players are dialed in and the coaching staff has them 100% prepared especially for Bosnia!

4 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Are there any news articles about what Anastasiadis is thinking with the call ups?

The only thing I have read is that the entire coaching staff has been together this weekend and going over who they will be calling up it no players names have been mentioned as of yet...

Edited by J1078

Apparently Anastasiadis is looking to bring in Durmisaj from Panionios. He is Albanian and I don’t think has played for our youth. Again I’m not a big fan on playing foreigners. If he is for the strikers position then I’m 50/50 as we do not have anyone else apart from Mitroglou and maybe Koulouris.

On a side note, does anyone believe that Chatzigiovannis, Lamprou, Limnios, Bouzoukis and so on ready to play for this senior team???

Edited by Dean97

Lamprou just keep scoring at every match. He isdefinately ready. Chatzigiovanis and Bouzoukis I want to see more of them with a more decent team to decide. Limnios is ready for sure.
Id like to see Lamprou - Mitroglou - Limnios 
and fortounis as attacking midfielder. Quick team but new team.
We ll see how it goes. Based on form I think 

Samaris , Fortounis , Mitroglou (assisted over the weekend and scored previous one), Sokratis, Manolas(probably will be okay on time), Vhachodimos, Zeka, Donis are gonna be the 8/11 starters.
Sure call ups probably include Siovas,Torosidis, Koutris.
Stafylidis and Retsos are injured and Im sure we would totally need them in our campaign, they would be probably starters.
So I think the other 3 spots, Winger and fullbacks are probably gonna be between Lamprou, Limnios for the wings and Koutris,Tsimikas,Torosidis for the fullbacks. If Stafylidis and Retsos are back on time I'd take them instead especially at the match vs Bosnia.

Tachtsidis playing well in Serie B. Hopefully his team promotes so he can get back to Serie A level. Id love to see some youth in these call ups. I think Tzavellas, Maniatis,Lampropoulos being out of the picture and Pelkas,Mantalos being injured will open up space for other players to come.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 4

I actually Agree that they re not that big yet to need to hurry up with the process of "nationalizing" them, but I ask you this. If they actually end up good and we go hunting on them to join us, then what?

They are BOTH products of Greek football, Greek academies, They re both in Greece for over ~20 years (Durmisaj came here when he was 4,5), they both speak Greek. So I am all set for them to get called, even if they don't στεριώσουν with the team. 

Noone cried about Ninis back then, Holebas either. C'mon. Vlachodimos is not that Greek either but noone is complaining, in fact you were crying for the coaches not picking him.

• Like it 1

24 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

I actually Agree that they re not that big yet to need to hurry up with the process of "nationalizing" them, but I ask you this. If they actually end up good and we go hunting on them to join us, then what?

They are BOTH products of Greek football, Greek academies, They re both in Greece for over ~20 years (Durmisaj came here when he was 4,5), they both speak Greek. So I am all set for them to get called, even if they don't στεριώσουν with the team. 

Noone cried about Ninis back then, Holebas either. C'mon. Vlachodimos is not that Greek either but noone is complaining, in fact you were crying for the coaches not picking him.

Ninis Holebas and Vlacho are actually Greek ethnically though. But yeah i'm all for nabbing them now in case they get good.

has there ever been a player that missed out really though? only one I can think of is Castillo but we actually tried to get him and he chose Mexico then dissapeared to oblivion. If he just stuck to what he knows Greece/Olympiakos would've been a legend i think.

switching clubs is always a risky move.

vrousaii is vrousaii consistently starting and playing don't really follow that league?  our best and most in form wingers right now are Donis and Masouras from what I've followed. 3rd string Chatzigiovannis unless I'm forgetting someone. It was Fetfa until he went to Aris and Lazaros till the injury though. Paying attention to form is important.

there's a greek player on vrousaii as well pavlidis that I don't know how good he is but is putting same numbers as Vrousaii about 8 games and 3 goals

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Ninis and Vlachodimos are full Greek. They were born in different countries. Holebas is half and born in a different country. 

I don’t really like putting in foreigners in the team. It’s sets a bad image to all of Greek football. It shows that we can’t produce our own players. 

Lamprou is in form and should be in the team. If we don’t see this then I don’t know what to say. Limnios is off and on at PAOK. I’m not entirely convinced of him yet. There’s one player I like and who I think can help this team and that’s Bouzoukis. Very talented in my opinion and has something special. These players I just mentioned should be ahead of Bakasetas.

I find Chatzigiovannis too weak physically and that’s where Masouras would be the one to edge out Chatzigiovannis in the call ups. 

Galanopoulos should be in the team and starting but he dosent score goals. Same goes with Kourbelis. Zeca can pop one in, Samaris If given the freedom to I believe he can score himself. 

If we can get it right in the middle of the field first then I believe the wingers and strikers would benefit. We need faster thinkers and also faster players physically in the middle. 

• Like it 4

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Ninis and Vlachodimos are full Greek. They were born in different countries. Holebas is half and born in a different country. 

I don’t really like putting in foreigners in the team. It’s sets a bad image to all of Greek football. It shows that we can’t produce our own players. 

Lamprou is in form and should be in the team. If we don’t see this then I don’t know what to say. Limnios is off and on at PAOK. I’m not entirely convinced of him yet. There’s one player I like and who I think can help this team and that’s Bouzoukis. Very talented in my opinion and has something special. These players I just mentioned should be ahead of Bakasetas.

I find Chatzigiovannis too weak physically and that’s where Masouras would be the one to edge out Chatzigiovannis in the call ups. 

Galanopoulos should be in the team and starting but he dosent score goals. Same goes with Kourbelis. Zeca can pop one in, Samaris If given the freedom to I believe he can score himself. 

If we can get it right in the middle of the field first then I believe the wingers and strikers would benefit. We need faster thinkers and also faster players physically in the middle. 

Good points, Lamprou should definitely be on the team. Bouzoukis reads the game well and can hit the ball from distance similar to Karagounis, he has a bright future and will be a huge asset to the Ethniki for years to come. 

• Like it 3

A product of Greek football deserves to play for the same National Team.
^ This is the only mentality we need to follow.
We really do not have many greek football products who play in different positions other than Centerback so we should take this.

Its exactly the same mentality I have for the French and Belgium NTs. All these players learned how to kick a ball at the European country they represent.

According to Agonasport coach Ange is seriously interested in capping Fiorin Durmishaj as he has been in contact with him concerning the NT. 

Also Dimitris Kolovos has been summoned to the NT for the first two qualifiers.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

According to Agonasport coach Ange is seriously interested in capping Fiorin Durmishaj as he has been in contact with him concerning the NT. 

Also Dimitris Kolovos has been summoned to the NT for the first two qualifiers.

I don’t mind this for some reason. Durmisaj is a very good player. Knows Greek too. Manolas and Stafylidis are injured aswell as Pelkas. We could see a lot of new faces. Have a look at this article...

https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2019/03/third-times-charm-how-greece-are.html?m=1

Id like to see Masouras given a chance at RB. I don’t think Giannoulis should play at LB. Koutris and Tsimikas are better and Kyriakopoulos is more deserving in my opinion.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

The following players who play in foreign leagues have been called up for the qualifiers which start in 2 weeks. Good to have Donis back, hopefully he gets through the next few games unscathed. We don't need any of these boys injured heading into these games 

Βλαχοδήμο, Μανωλά, Παπασταθόπουλο, Σιόβα, Σάμαρη, Ζέκα και Μήτρογλου οι οποίοι μαζί με Κολοβό και Δώνη. 

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/441110/ennia-oi-legeonarioi-tou-aggelou-epistrefei-o-donis/

• Like it 3

23 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

The following players who play in foreign leagues have been called up for the qualifiers which start in 2 weeks. Good to have Donis back, hopefully he gets through the next few games unscathed. We don't need any of these boys injured heading into these games 

Βλαχοδήμο, Μανωλά, Παπασταθόπουλο, Σιόβα, Σάμαρη, Ζέκα και Μήτρογλου οι οποίοι μαζί με Κολοβό και Δώνη. 

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/441110/ennia-oi-legeonarioi-tou-aggelou-epistrefei-o-donis/

Good stuff.. I read Torosidis is out for a month.. 

23 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I don’t mind this for some reason. Durmisaj is a very good player. Knows Greek too. Manolas and Stafylidis are injured aswell as Pelkas. We could see a lot of new faces. Have a look at this article...

https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2019/03/third-times-charm-how-greece-are.html?m=1

Id like to see Masouras given a chance at RB. I don’t think Giannoulis should play at LB. Koutris and Tsimikas are better and Kyriakopoulos is more deserving in my opinion.

The guy in this article is very optimistic. 6 points in the first two games? I hope so, but let’s try scoring a goal first. 

• Like it 1

Toro injured Stafy injured I am telling u aderfia go hard or go home
3-5-2 SMELLS LIKE TIME FAWR SOOM 3 F@@CKING 5 F@@CKING 2

Vlachodimuller
Sergio Siovas - Papapapapapasokrates - Kostas the not so injured Manolas
Lamprou the quite promising -  Portuguese dark skinned dude - Samaris the Reborn -  Masouras the sorta promising
                                                   Fortounis the pretty much all we got with creativity
                                                     Mitroglou the hot guy - Donis the "I only score vs Bayern" 

LETS GO BOIZ A SIMPLE 6-0 VS LIECHTENSTEIN AND MAYBE A NARROW 1-0 VS BOSNIA AND WE IN THE EUROS.

Simple as...

Also does anyone know if I can buy the match from anywhere? I live in Lithuania currently.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Man here come the injuries again.. I also read Manolas is injuried can anyone confirm this? I would have liked to see Staf healthy and in the line up as well as Toro to start the match.. No more injuries guys WTF... every single time right before the NT play the injuries rain down.. I also believe in preaching a system that all the guys buy into is almost as important as choosing the right players and that is on the coach to be clear on what identity this team wants to have.. we use to have the identity of an all out defensive team which people disagreed with but ever since our last World Cup we completely lost our identity and guys were confused about there roles.. to be honest this team looks lost and it looks like they struggle with what style they’re suppose to play and that falls on the coach.. Hopefully Ang can figure this out:.

Edited by J1078

40 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Man here come the injuries again.. I also read Manolas is injuried can anyone confirm this? I would have liked to see Staf healthy and in the line up as well as Toro to start the match.. No more injuries guys WTF... every single time right before the NT play the injuries rain down.. I also believe in preaching a system that all the guys buy into is almost as important as choosing the right players and that is on the coach to be clear on what identity this team wants to have.. we use to have the identity of an all out defensive team which people disagreed with but ever since our last World Cup we completely lost our identity and guys were confused about there roles.. to be honest this team looks lost and it looks like they struggle with what style they’re suppose to play and that falls on the coach.. Hopefully Ang can figure this out:.

I know tell me about it! I don’t think we have ever had our player all fit at the same time. This is a problem.

I expect to see the best bunch of call ups that we’ve had in a long time. Samaris seems to have been sort of reborn and Lamprou is shining. Fortounis is in form aswell as Sokratis. Hopefully Donis stays fit and healthy come the first match. He can be a weapon for us. Let’s also hope Mitroglou has his shooting boots on. 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic