Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Hopefully He reconsiders and joins the team as he would be a huge addition.. Also glad to read the the Epo is going to bilked a tea ink gone facility for the team that is going to be pretty advanced, glad to see the NT is starting to get the attention the deserve to make them successful again..

• Like it 2

I say forget about it. We don’t need someone who doesn’t want to play for the shirt. We need players bleeding for the shirt and really wanting to play for Greece. Holebas used Greece and now he dosent need them anymore. I say good riddance and now Stafylidis, Retsos, Giannoulis, Tsimikas, Koutris and Kyriakopoulos can all fight for that LB spot. Our real problem is RB and a proper answer in midfield in my opinion.

• Like it 1

I actually rate them more than other wingers we have. They can still go and they have experience. They are still fast as well. They are better options to have than Mantalos or Pelkas on the wing. Masouras and Chatzigiovannis are not proven and we will have to wait and see what they do. They aren’t that impressive now. Donis on the other hand is better than all in my opinion. 

chatzigiovannis and masouras look interesting options. youth is pretty big for wing positions.

donis auto starter when healthy of course

don't get why fetfa went to aris. he was playing well for oly. maybe he just likes to bide his energy during practice and turns off coaches or something

Mitroglou

Donis Fortounis Masouras

Kourbelis Gala

Koutris Sok Man Bakakis

Vlacho

would probably be okay

Chatzigiovannis impact sub. Lazaros is good though if he's in bad terms with coach could suck though but Lazaros is a quasi winger striker and we need people who can pop a goal up top. Masouras is a younger version though who can transcend Lazaros. I think Mas will be fine. He's proven himself in GSL

Edited by georgelaz

We have to include Lamprou in these conversations. He is in form and scoring. Masouras is good but hasn’t proven enough in my opinion. Same goes for Chatzigiovannis. I like Bouzoukis though he shows some brilliance and he can score goals. Another option we can use at CM/CAM.

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

If a player is good enough to start for Olympiakos, he's good enough for the NT imo.

He hasn’t always been starting but he’s done ok for himself so far. I’d like to see him do more and I do think he is capable of more.

13 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Mitroglou

Donis Fortounis Masouras

Kourbelis Gala

Koutris Sok Man Bakakis

Vlacho

would probably be okay

Chatzigiovannis impact sub. Lazaros is good though if he's in bad terms with coach could suck though but Lazaros is a quasi winger striker and we need people who can pop a goal up top. Masouras is a younger version though who can transcend Lazaros. I think Mas will be fine. He's proven himself in GSL

I think Kourbelis and Galanopoulos would be our best partnership in my opinion. I believe they can compliment each other and they will given the opposition nothing and do anything to defend well. They are both fast and are improving by the month. I say we go with them for the next few matches as they are our present and future in these positions. Zeca is also another good option. 

I don’t want to see Fortounis jogging at a slow pace anymore. He has to show more energy in what he does. He is our best option in CAM but if he’s not going to do more I say get him out and bench him for a while. Also I don’t think Mitroglou deserves an automatic starting spot. He can’t really start if hasn’t been playing and hasn’t been scoring. Yes he is our best option but it doesn’t set a good example to the rest of the guys who want to earn a spot and build a legacy for themselves. Koulouris seems like deserves the spot and rightfully so, but I don’t rate him in other aspects of his game. At least Mitroglou can offer strength and experience. 

That lineup you posted above is most likely our best way to go for the next match. I’d like to see other deserving players be given a shot as I believe they can benefit us for example Lamprou and Bouzoukis. I don’t know if Angelos will play Pelkas and Mantalos in the starting 11. They both can’t play wing and they have proven that. Either one would be a good back to Fortounis though at CAM. 

There are some other that have done well for themselves like Siopis and Kyriakopoulos. Ive seen Kyriakopoulos play and he reminds me of a future Holebas. The can deliver a good cross and and has a lethal left foot. His height would give us an advantage also when defending high balls in our box. 

This is an alternative lineup to @georgelaz line up. 

Koulouris

Lamprou Pelkas Bouzoukis 

Samaris Siopis  

Kyriakopoulos Siovas Mavropanos Toro

Barkas

As i said not a huge fan of Koulouris but he deserves to start. Lamprou has shown excellent form so far and Bouzoukis can play on the wing even though he plays central. Pelkas would give us a boost with his speed. Samaris and Siopis would be good backs ups to Kourbelis and Gala I believe. Kyriakopoulos as I mentioned before and Toro because we haven’t got much players there. Siovas continuously playing in Spain shouldn’t go unnoticed and Mavropanos is slowly getting back into action with Arsenal. Our future Centreback. Retsos hasn’t played yet because of injury but he would be in the plans too. Barkas a good alternative to Vlacho. 

Obviously the first line up @georgelaz posted is the ideal and logical line up but I thought I’d have a bit of fun and give an alternative 11.

• Like it 1

Massive blow for him. Not a massive blow for the national team really. I wouldn’t of played him. We need to move on and I think Anastasiadis knows that. Donis, Chatzigiovannis, Lamprou and Masouras should be fighting for those wide positions. Pelkas and Mantalos have not worked there and I really hope we don’t see it again. 

• Like it 2

9 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Massive blow for him. Not a massive blow for the national team really. I wouldn’t of played him. We need to move on and I think Anastasiadis knows that. Donis, Chatzigiovannis, Lamprou and Masouras should be fighting for those wide positions. Pelkas and Mantalos have not worked there and I really hope we don’t see it again. 

I completely agree, We better not see Pelkas and Mantolas it obviously has failed miserably. I also agree with you on Lazaros although I might have considered him a bench option.. I truly hope we don't see Bakasetas on this team either. We need to start fresh with some new hungry faces that want to make there mark on this team. I really would like to see what a healthy Donis can do for us. The time is now for our young guys to step up and take a spot on the NT. Bakakis still concerns me though so im not 100% sold on him..

• Like it 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:43 AM, J1078 said:

I completely agree, We better not see Pelkas and Mantolas it obviously has failed miserably. I also agree with you on Lazaros although I might have considered him a bench option.. I truly hope we don't see Bakasetas on this team either. We need to start fresh with some new hungry faces that want to make there mark on this team. I really would like to see what a healthy Donis can do for us. The time is now for our young guys to step up and take a spot on the NT. Bakakis still concerns me though so im not 100% sold on him..

Pelkas with Mantalos  doesn't work that's for sure. Mantalos has to pick up his game for AEK before getting any game time with the NT. Laz could come off the bench when we need an offensive spark. I agree no more Bakasetas he can't cut it for the Ethniki. A healthy Donis will give us an added dimension in attack and if he stays injury free I think he will produce big during this campaign.

• Like it 2

Laz I think had a really bad injury so is out.

We need Masouras or Chatzigiovannis to step it up for NT to fill a wing spot with Donis. I'm sure at least one of them can do it.

Fetfa was playing so good for Olympiakos I don't get why no team lets him complete a season. He was key in defeating Milan in europa

Not many Greek players can play bother CAM and on the wing. There is one player that can and his name is Bouzoukis. I’m my honest opinion I believe Bouzoukis is better than Bakasetas. I would put Bouzoukis in the team. I’m not totally set on Chatzigiovannis but I would give him a shot same with Masouras. Fetfatzidis would be threatening on the wing for us with clever quick feet and eye for a pass. No coach seems to like him and I’m not entirely sure why. 

I still believe in Pelkas. In my opinion the reason we didn’t get much out of him was because he was burnt out. He stated every match for PAOK since July 2018 until December 2018. From that period he was playing non stop and his style of play which is relentlessly pressing the oppositions backline all the time affected him and his fitness in my opinion. The few games he played earlier in the season he was very good. Mantalos on the other hand I believe is deteriorating because of the many long term injuries he has sustained. He is declining in my opinion but would still be a good option off the bench. Bakasetas in my opinion is not good enough and too slow. Same would go for Bouchalakis as he is slow too.

• Like it 1

We have not time to experiment as our 2nd game is going to be crucial and may decide our placing in this group. Bosnia scares the s%$#! out of me right now as they are in great form and much better then when we faced them in the World cup campaign. I hope we can somehow squeeze out a draw but it will be difficult in a hostile environment.  I hope Donis stays healthy as that will solidity one wing spot and with Mitro in the middle we need to find another winger. I have a feeling Coach Ange will probably play Mantolas or Pelkas on the wing over the young guys... Our mid field will need some tinkering as well. Do you start Samaris or Zeca or do you go with Kourbelas and Gala?? We have to figure this out quick.... 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic