Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

I want Manthatis to play regular which is too hard to crack at Oly. Wish he was at pao/aek/paok. He would surely get game time there.

Him and Donis on the wings would bring pace that we've never had to my memory of greek football. Though pace isn't everything the fact that top teams like PSG (neymar/mpappe), Juventus (quadrado/costa), liverpool (mane/salah), man city (sane/sterling) all heavily rely on pacey wingers I think demonstrates that pace might be king in the modern game.

still  cheesed that we never called up Valentino Lazaro. He'd be the fastest greek player by far AND has technical skill. though he's far removed from greek football world and is mostly a product of Austrian system so I think most of greek football wasn't aware of him. I discovered him by accident after noticing his greek sounding name

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

According to Agonasport Mantalos has been ruled out with a left knee injury. Also Tzavellas and Lazaros are doubtful to play vs Hungary.

wouldn't really want any of the above the start anyways. Lazaros hasn't been as sharp lately and Fortounis has looked great. Mantalos off the bench wouldn't mind as a CAM tho and same with lazaros but not starters.

27 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

wouldn't really want any of the above the start anyways. Lazaros hasn't been as sharp lately and Fortounis has looked great. Mantalos off the bench wouldn't mind as a CAM tho and same with lazaros but not starters.

They have been in poor form recently. No Tzavellas would be good news.

3 hours ago, georgelaz said:

And who want you start over Lazaros? Donis is also injured. Most likely our wingers will be Pelkas and Fetfatzidis which means we'll see again 3 AMs along with Fortounis behind Mitroglou. 

Zeca and hopefully Kourmpelis will play atmidfield with Mpakakis, Sokratis, Manolas and one of Torosidis or Tsimikas. Mparkas as the goalie.

Offensively we'll be dealing no pressure from the wings since there are no natural wingers and thats something you people who want the likes of Pelkas and Fetfatzidis to be our starting wingers. At this level against Hungary and Finland you might not notice it but we can't beat anyone above our weight with such a line up. Players would crash with each other since all of them play more centrally.

Long story short Donis and Lazaros is the best we can provide for this position. 

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, Boxou said:

And who want you start over Lazaros? Donis is also injured. Most likely our wingers will be Pelkas and Fetfatzidis which means we'll see again 3 AMs along with Fortounis behind Mitroglou. 

Zeca and hopefully Kourmpelis will play atmidfield with Mpakakis, Sokratis, Manolas and one of Torosidis or Tsimikas. Mparkas as the goalie.

Offensively we'll be dealing no pressure from the wings since there are no natural wingers and thats something you people who want the likes of Pelkas and Fetfatzidis to be our starting wingers. At this level against Hungary and Finland you might not notice it but we can't beat anyone above our weight with such a line up. Players would crash with each other since all of them play more centrally.

Long story short Donis and Lazaros is the best we can provide for this position. 

Fetfatzidis can play CAM and on the wing. He is more of a winger than Pelkas and Mantalos. Also more skillful and can take on defenders better than Lazaros. Fetfatzidis is a natural winger. He can also play CAM. Do watch the matches in Europa League where Fetfatzidis was playing RW. That's how you play as a winger. 

Lazaros will soon be on the decline. So grooming Manthatis or Chatzigiovannis in the team wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Edited by Dean97

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I want Manthatis to play regular which is too hard to crack at Oly. Wish he was at pao/aek/paok. He would surely get game time there.

Him and Donis on the wings would bring pace that we've never had to my memory of greek football. Though pace isn't everything the fact that top teams like PSG (neymar/mpappe), Juventus (quadrado/costa), liverpool (mane/salah), man city (sane/sterling) all heavily rely on pacey wingers I think demonstrates that pace might be king in the modern game.

still  cheesed that we never called up Valentino Lazaro. He'd be the fastest greek player by far AND has technical skill. though he's far removed from greek football world and is mostly a product of Austrian system so I think most of greek football wasn't aware of him. I discovered him by accident after noticing his greek sounding name

I agree, Manthatis has talent and has the pace as well. I like the way you think by having Manthatis and Donis on the wings. Chatzigiovannis is another player who could make his way in the team...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2154374958217101&id=1598480473806555

• Like it 1

Lol Fetfatzidis couldn't get past his opponent against Milan and destroyed like 3 Olympiakos counter attacks. I myself said he might deserved a call up considering our drought offensively but lets better not ridicule oursevles..He doesn't have the pace to play in the highest level, and again that's something you don't notice against teams of our level but against bigger opposition.

Manthatis has long, long way before being a regular NT player.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, Boxou said:

I'd ideally want

Mitro

Donis Fortounis Fetfa

Pelkas seems more in form too and I do think he's a decent winger. He plays games there for PAOK LM often and has good games there.

I'd ideally want Lazaros when he's in form too but not a full 90. maybe 60 or as impact sub.

Same with Torosidis/Bakakis. That refreshing would make our right flank more potent. our left is youthful and talented (donis/staf) though staf has gone MIA

Fortounis, Mantalos and Pelkas are at their best when played centrally. Fetfatzidis is at his best at both positions. That's the type of talent he is. He is the best Greek player on the ball and is faster than Fortounis. If Fortounis was a faster player he would be playing somewhere in LA liga or Bundesliga by now.

• Thanks 1

What Fortounis lacks in speed he makes up with his shot, his passing, his vision and his set piece delivery. He's our best player and at some point in the near future I'm sure he will be moving on to a bigger club in the  EPL or LA LIGA which I think would suit him best. 

• Like it 1

Articles from Agonasport:

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/skibbe-brushes-off-injury-issues-rossi-has-faith-in-hungary

Note the following sentences of Skibbe: "We want to be dominant, compete in an aggressive manner and earn the three points on the field." "I have chosen our tactics and we want to show that we’re a strong, attacking team." So we will let em much space like during away game, I guess. Why cannot we defend and counterattack for God's sake? Why giving the enemy team such an opportunity?

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/greece-aiming-for-revenge-after-budapest-disappointment

"The Hungarians are likely to opt for a defensive approach with an emphasis on dangerous counterattacks." Couldnt we opt for a defensive approach with an emphasis on counterattacks? That was our tactics and brand before not long ago!

Pirates

4 2 3 1

Barkas

Bakakis          Manolas               Sokratis (c)        Tsimikas

TZIOLI$$$     Zeca

Fetfatzidis             Fortounis             Lazaros

Mykonos

There has been a call for two up front. That would mean to brake from 4 2 3 1

and revert to the old 4 4 2 system. I would refer a  4 3 3 with a more attacking

mindset.

Agona (elbow) Sport has mentioned that Kourbelis got an injury and was then

replaced at half time for this reason. 

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 1

And not for his abysmal performance? Skibbes decision was right but apparently it was unintentional. *facepalm*

That Koulouris-Mitroglou change that he planned seems even now incredible. The "logic" of it is mind-boggling. Could this manager work out the right tactics against Finland?

Anyhow, it is a win-win situation now. Either we win or Skibbe will be sacked (a good riddance if you ask me).

• Like it 2

8 hours ago, La Mendel said:

That Koulouris-Mitroglou change that he planned seems even now incredible. The "logic" of it is mind-boggling. Could this manager work out the right tactics against Finland

Absolutely agree. Sums up the brain power of Skibbe & Tsanas yet this is what we have running the NT

14 hours ago, La Mendel said:

And not for his abysmal performance? Skibbes decision was right but apparently it was unintentional. *facepalm*

That Koulouris-Mitroglou change that he planned seems even now incredible. The "logic" of it is mind-boggling. Could this manager work out the right tactics against Finland?

Anyhow, it is a win-win situation now. Either we win or Skibbe will be sacked (a good riddance if you ask me).

ya I couldn't believe it, when I saw he was about to sub off Mitroglou with a half an hour to go, our best striker and when the team needs a goal. It was like watching Venturo manage Italy during there playoff debacle vs Sweden. 

• Like it 2

18 hours ago, La Mendel said:

La, the Pirates need this passion you and Rockafella come out with. I feel like lacing up the boots again re maik!

20 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

ya I couldn't believe it, when I saw he was about to sub off Mitroglou with a half an hour to go, our best striker and when the team needs a goal. It was like watching Venturo manage Italy during there playoff debacle vs Sweden. 

You mention Ventura and the playoff. He was sacked right after that game. Lets hope Grammenos will do the right thing...

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic