Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

You can not make sense of Skibbe boys, it’s too baffling. He makes countless squad selections that make 0 sense, from 3 LB’s every time to the amount of players that have never had game time and then you have the out of form guys that get so much game time over in form more dangerous players 

The minute we failed to reach the world cup his ass should have been sacked..... With the right call ups we would give ourselves such a better chance to play to our full potential.. I said it earlier and ill say it again as much as this SUCKS to say but the best thing that can happen to us is we drop points so Skibbe gets fired... Guys we cannot go into the euro campaign with this coach. With Skibbe on the bench we are looking at missing our 3rd straight tournament... Lets get his ass sacked now and at least give ourselves a chance in the euro qualifiers with a more competent coach...

vlachodimos karnezis mparkas

stafylidis lykogiannis mpakakis torosidis

sokratis manolas retsos oikonomou

zeca kourmpelis galanopoulos samaris

donis lazaros fetfatzidis pelkas

fortounis mantalos

mitroglou karelis

these are our best players in each position but some of them are either injured, out of form or overlooked by the clown coach. 

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

The minute we failed to reach the world cup his ass should have been sacked..... With the right call ups we would give ourselves such a better chance to play to our full potential.. I said it earlier and ill say it again as much as this SUCKS to say but the best thing that can happen to us is we drop points so Skibbe gets fired... Guys we cannot go into the euro campaign with this coach. With Skibbe on the bench we are looking at missing our 3rd straight tournament... Lets get his ass sacked now and at least give ourselves a chance in the euro qualifiers with a more competent coach...

Before the Faroe Islands game under Ranieri I prayed for light a win with an incredibly bad production so that Sarris would nevertheless sack Ranieri. (The result is known I suppose. The Ranieri disaster has cast a long shadow.) #iknowthatfeelbro #letshopewewillsucceed #skibbemustgo

Edited by La Mendel
  • Like it 1

Vlahomidos

Ginter         Boateng        Suli        Schultz

Now thats a back five we need to match if we are to top our group. Mourinho will be available in January as well.

Oh, Giannou is doing excellently in Cyprus.

Regarding Vlacho...

Για το θέμα του Οδυσσέα Βλαχοδήμου: «Έχω μιλήσει με τον Οδυσσέα Βλαχοδήμο. Μου εξέφρασε την επιθυμία του να παίξει για την Ελλάδα όμως θα πρέπει να δούμε τι θα πουν και οι FIFA/UEFA για το συγκεκριμένο θέμα γιατί έχει αγωνιστεί και με τη Γερμανία».

4 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Regarding Vlacho...

Για το θέμα του Οδυσσέα Βλαχοδήμου: «Έχω μιλήσει με τον Οδυσσέα Βλαχοδήμο. Μου εξέφρασε την επιθυμία του να παίξει για την Ελλάδα όμως θα πρέπει να δούμε τι θα πουν και οι FIFA/UEFA για το συγκεκριμένο θέμα γιατί έχει αγωνιστεί και με τη Γερμανία».

i would suspect he would want to play for us, given it is unlikely he would ever break the german NT due to them having two of the best keepers in the world. he is a young talent playing for a well-regarded club in regards to player development, would be a great player for the NT. would like to see him, donis, retsos, kourbelis, pelkas, being the mould for the NT into the future. 

• Like it 2

43 minutes ago, MelbourneGreek said:

i would suspect he would want to play for us, given it is unlikely he would ever break the german NT due to them having two of the best keepers in the world. he is a young talent playing for a well-regarded club in regards to player development, would be a great player for the NT. would like to see him, donis, retsos, kourbelis, pelkas, being the mould for the NT into the future. 

Absolutely. Also Galanopoulos, Koutris and Manos. We could have a very decent team in the future if everything plays out well. 

• Like it 2

On 10/5/2018 at 10:05 AM, Boxou said:

vlachodimos karnezis mparkas

stafylidis lykogiannis mpakakis torosidis

sokratis manolas retsos oikonomou

zeca kourmpelis galanopoulos samaris

donis lazaros fetfatzidis pelkas

fortounis mantalos

mitroglou karelis

these are our best players in each position but some of them are either injured, out of form or overlooked by the clown coach. 

K. Papadopoulos over Oikonomou every day of the week. 

• Like it 2

Is this Manos thing a joke?  Dude has played only 1 game this season and is not something special as a player. Basically he reminds me of Diamantakos, would flop when asked to deliver. 

Koulouris who's limited is better than him.

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, Argy said:

K. Papadopoulos over Oikonomou every day of the week. 

I agree 1000%. Oikonomou and Kolovetsios shouldn't be on the national team. As back ups it should be Mavropanos and Retsos. 

3 hours ago, Boxou said:

Is this Manos thing a joke?  Dude has played only 1 game this season and is not something special as a player. Basically he reminds me of Diamantakos, would flop when asked to deliver. 

Koulouris who's limited is better than him.

I respectively disagree. Manos can deliver when given the chance it's just will the coach give him more opportunities. Manos is technically better than Koulouris and I believe if Manos was at Atromitos he would score the same or more goals than Koulouris in my opinion. Look at the way he has scored his goals in his career. He looks clinical. Long range, headers, 1v1 and close range. So far he had 1 game and 1 goal. 

Anyone with a football brain would be open minded to all selections. skibbe isn't. Charisis and Hatzidiakos need to be given chances and they haven't.

Sokratis, Manolas, Holebas, Vlachodimos, Fortounis, Fetfatzidis and Zeca should be locks in this team in my opinion. 

Dean, for the great stats Manos has, it was in the Greek Second Division and since his transfer he has played 1 game for Olympiakos in the Cup...

To be fair, if we want to talk - football brain - you can't expect to have someone with one cup appearance and not first division experience, to get drafted into the National Team which is a whole new level, if he was worthy of this, he would at least be making the Olympiakos squad file

• Like it 1

Yes @Alphonse I agree, but our national team is not gifted with strikers and we are very limited in that position. Karelis is injury prone and Donis is a winger. Who else have we got apart from Mitroglou. Vellios and Diamantakos had their chance. Why not give Manos a chance and see what he has got. Don't talk to me about how many minutes a player has because we all know it doesn't mean anything in this national team. 

Manos should have been loaned out to Atromitos or Panionios. You would then see the talent he has got. Same goes for other Greeks in the Olympiakos squad. Olympiakos wanted to be stacked in every position this season so they could go far in Europe and hopefully win the double. I believe if Manos get ls more chances he will prove himself more. 

Giannoulis is a random selection if you ask me. Not talented enough to be in the national team yet. Where is Lykogiannis? Also Koutris? Yes we have players injured in that position. Karelis has only played about 2 games for PAOK. But still gets selected. Manos has more talent than Vellios and Diamantakos in my opinion. I remember Mantalos was chosen a few years ago when he was playing in the second division with AEK and we had other options there as well. 

Edited by Dean97

9 hours ago, georgelaz said:

fetfa nearly won the game for oly in the 1-1 draw vs. aek

forotunis with a beauty goal and bakasetas great header goal to equalize.

9 hours ago, georgelaz said:

fetfa nearly won the game for oly in the 1-1 draw vs. aek

forotunis with a beauty goal and bakasetas great header goal to equalize.

As a PAO fan I was actually hoping Fetfa would have scored that. When the ball got played to him in that position I thought it was a sure goal, he didn’t get his body over the ball and shot over the net. I hope Skiibe plays him and I would love to see him score in one of these two games for the Ethniki.

25 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

As a PAO fan I was actually hoping Fetfa would have scored that. When the ball got played to him in that position I thought it was a sure goal, he didn’t get his body over the ball and shot over the net. I hope Skiibe plays him and I would love to see him score in one of these two games for the Ethniki.

I'm PAO as well. Thought most pao fans were anti-gauro?

I like all Greek teams though and seeing what AEK did to their team after winning the league makes me prefer Oly as the top greek team. They're better managed and aren't cheap with buying big players and strive to be elite.

• Like it 1

I guess Koulouris can score goals after all. He has 6 so far, Mykonos has 3, Manias 2 Diamantakos 2 Donis 1 & Karelis 0.

With keepers, Vlaho should be picked as he has indicated he wants to play Greek ball.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

9 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Yes @Alphonse I agree, but our national team is not gifted with strikers and we are very limited in that position. Karelis is injury prone and Donis is a winger. Who else have we got apart from Mitroglou. Vellios and Diamantakos had their chance. Why not give Manos a chance and see what he has got. Don't talk to me about how many minutes a player has because we all know it doesn't mean anything in this national team. 

Manos should have been loaned out to Atromitos or Panionios. You would then see the talent he has got. Same goes for other Greeks in the Olympiakos squad. Olympiakos wanted to be stacked in every position this season so they could go far in Europe and hopefully win the double. I believe if Manos get ls more chances he will prove himself more. 

Giannoulis is a random selection if you ask me. Not talented enough to be in the national team yet. Where is Lykogiannis? Also Koutris? Yes we have players injured in that position. Karelis has only played about 2 games for PAOK. But still gets selected. Manos has more talent than Vellios and Diamantakos in my opinion. I remember Mantalos was chosen a few years ago when he was playing in the second division with AEK and we had other options there as well. 

No that's a no brainer. You want Manos to get a call up desperately despite him having played only one game this season and in general no official games in the Greek top division...Also I guess you have not watched Oikonomou this year since he's been in a very good shape so far rather than Mavropanos who after recording a couple of games last season, he's warming the bench in this one.

Regarding your question about Giannoulis' call up you should know that Koutris has only 2 caps this year afaik which means no playing time while Lykogiannis is injured.

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I'm PAO as well. Thought most pao fans were anti-gauro?

I like all Greek teams though and seeing what AEK did to their team after winning the league makes me prefer Oly as the top greek team. They're better managed and aren't cheap with buying big players and strive to be elite.

I just want Fetfa to perform well and score goals so he can be a regular on the NT.

• Like it 3

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic