Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

prediction of our upcoming squad for the october games. 

mparkas, karnezis, gianniotis

mpakakis, torosidis, lykogiannis, tzavellas

sokratis, manolas, oikonomou, lampropoulos

zeca, kourmpelis, bouchalakis, tziolis

lazaros, donis, fetfatzidis, mantalos, pelkas, mpakasetas

mitroglou, karelis

unfortunately i can't see skibbe changing a lot of things, after all we still face injury problems with retsos and stafylidis being surely left out but also lykogiannis is having an injury now, not sure how serious it is but in case he's left out giannoulis will probably replace him. 

samaris doesn't play in benfica which means we'll get to see tziolis in the line up again.

galanopoulos, tsimikas and perhaps koulouris with hatzidiakos would make the squad if not for the great game of the u21 team in croatia which will 90% determine whether they will qualify for the european championship or not. 

What about Fortounis? I was hoping for Stafylidis or Retsos to be fit so we don't see Tzavellas there again. I also hope Lykogiannis is fine. Surely the u21s can win without Tsimikas. As the senior national team is more important obviously. I don't understand how Koutris hasn't got a cap yet. 

Player selections and starting lineups have always been a problem in the nt. We need to see Tachtsidis and Samaris in form and I mean at their very best so we don't see Tziolis in the team ever again. 

Really unfortunate. I hope everyone understands what a blow it is. I believe he can our go to guy when we need a goal. He hasn't scored yet but can be our most dangerous player. Fortounis is another. 

Hopefully Fetfatzidis takes his place. Bakasetas should be on the list of former players of the national team like Diamantakos, Vellios and Maniatis. Players also like Siovas and Paschalakis would be in this team under any other manager. 

To me my biggest problem with Skibbe is player selections. I don't mind his tactics and playing players out of position. His player selections are very bizarre. I get a feeling he doesn't get a say in all of his selections. If he does he is a total moron as anyone could tell that Tziolis, Bakasetas and Tzavellas don't belong in a national team especially when there are clear better options. 

Edited by Dean97

1) donis is a winger and not a striker like mitroglou

2) if he was a scoring machine he would play in liverpool not stuttgart

3) he has like 5 caps, saying he's not a big loss because he has not scored yet is beyond me. mitroglou has like 15 goals in 60 games which is a low ratio. i guess he wouldn't be a big loss either right?

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, jason said:

The way Lazaros is playing I feel pelkas should start over him. 

pelkas has also been bad lately if you have noticed but with donis injured we don't have many alternatives. both will start unless skibbe calls up fetfatzidis but i doubt he starts after been missing for so much, or he will play with 3 "10" players yet again which means he is asking from epo to fire him. 

6 hours ago, jason said:

The way Lazaros is playing I feel pelkas should start over him. 

Lazaros didn’t have an impact yesterday. Also vs Hungary he had a difficult time getting into the rythym of the game. Pelkas did not look good vs OLY so it’s a hard call.

Its kind of a win win for us in our next game. We win and we are right back in it we lose and Skibbe gets fired and we focus on the tough Euro campaign with a new coach and possibly Holebas back...  Do you guys think Skibbe gets fired if we draw? 

• Like it 1

result wise we basically performed at the level we should. we came 2nd to a group with Belgium and lost to World cup finalist in the playoffs. No shame there really. I'd put it in more of having a tough draw. After we won the Euro we were top seed so we had easier draws for almost a decade until we blew it euro 2016 campaign. That was an easy group Romania, Northern Ireland, Finland etc.

19 hours ago, Boxou said:

1) donis is a winger and not a striker like mitroglou

2) if he was a scoring machine he would play in liverpool not stuttgart

3) he has like 5 caps, saying he's not a big loss because he has not scored yet is beyond me. mitroglou has like 15 goals in 60 games which is a low ratio. i guess he wouldn't be a big loss either right?

Exactly. So he’s not a big loss. You just said it yourself. Stuttgart player. Not Liverpool. And Mitroglou wouldn’t be a big loss either. The striker on my sons 14 year old team can probably score more goals than any of these useless attackers that are out there. 

you have no contact with the sport whatsoever, basically i doubt you ever bother to watch any game of donis or the X/Z greek player abroad or even the greek league. 

i just saw you live in canada far away from the greek reality so let us here know better than you if donis is actually a good player or not. i'd advise you if you don't watch these guys playing week in and week out, not to make any ridiculous statements like the one above. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

Its kind of a win win for us in our next game. We win and we are right back in it we lose and Skibbe gets fired and we focus on the tough Euro campaign with a new coach and possibly Holebas back...  Do you guys think Skibbe gets fired if we draw? 

i think he stays in case we take 4 points from the next 2 games, ideally we should win both but again 4 points is a more realistic scenario. in that case everything will come down in the game against finland in november. 

saying Donis is not a big loss is such a ridiculous statement.. he is a very important piece to this team and it’s success... you can’t judge a player only on goals man you need to look at everything else a player brings to the table.. Donis brings speed good feet and can create space..

• Like it 1

Lmaooo. You guys are thinking he’s the next Mpabbe. Tell me what he’s done in the games he has played? How many goals has he been involved in? This team lacks scoring. If you want good foot work and dribbling there’s an acrobat on every street corner that can do that for spare change. Results count. Not style points. 

• Like it 1

it's pointless to discuss with you. the other day you and some other guys said we don't need goalkeepers, we have enough of them. now you say donis and mitroglou are not a big loss. lmao. karnezis is warming the bench in napoli, while please go to see gianniotis' fault against paok on sunday as well as the goals mparkas conceded against benfica today, especially the 2nd and the 3rd one. also go to see the save vlachodimos makes 1 minute before benfica score their 3rd goal. 

or like how you people were shouting 1 month ago to skibbe in order to start bouchalakis because he was playing "lights out" lmao yet again. if you don't follow greek players/league/football in a daily basis and only come around when the NT plays, let's better don't make any more statements like these

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Jimmyp said:

Lmaooo. You guys are thinking he’s the next Mpabbe. Tell me what he’s done in the games he has played? How many goals has he been involved in? This team lacks scoring. If you want good foot work and dribbling there’s an acrobat on every street corner that can do that for spare change. Results count. Not style points. 

watch Bayern vs. Stuttgart Donis and you'll get a glimpse of what he's capable if he reaches his full potential.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic