Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

When will Retsos be back? I though his injury was 6 weeks and that's was before preseason...

@georgelaz Fetfatzidis has started more now and the Olympiakos coach realises Lazaros is better off the bench. He is also more of a winger and we need him on the wing. 

I'm waiting for Tsimikas to get called up and play LB. Lykogiannis is decent defensively but hasn't got the pace to be effective in attack. Stafylidis is error prone I think and not a stable option yet. Tsimikas has shown to be effective in defence and attack. Give him a chance I say and he won't dissapoint. But all three are good enough options. 

retsos has a new injury and it's still unknown when he's back.

regarding tsimikas he's still too inexperienced for this level and has a hard time whenever olympiakos faces a quality side like betis and burnley. it's not time yet for him to get a call up.

7 hours ago, J1078 said:

I’d love to see Fetfa get called up and given on the wing... I think the guy would be one of our best wingers, good footwork and can actually  beat guys one on one..

Without a doubt our best player in those aspects you mentioned. We are doing more harm by not playing him. Let's hope he continues this form and gets called up soon. 

• Like it 1

Bayern scouting Benfica goalkeeper

Bayern Munich are keeping tabs on Benfica goalkeeper  Odisseas Vlachodimos, according to Sport1.The Germans are already lookiEintracht Frankfurt and RB Leipzig are also following his progress.ng for a long-term successor to Manuel Neuer and believe the 24-year-old could be their man.

Not sure how accurate this is (found it on goal.com so take it for what it's worth)

hmm, let's see what does skibbe think about that. he's already under pressure so that would force him to call up the best possible solutions. 

as long as we don't cap vlachodimos losing him to germany is more than possible. we should have done that ever since last year but skibbe used to call up some glykos or anestis or kyriakidis ffs. 

anyone remember how we lost lodygin to russia as well? he has a greek mother and a russian father and used to play for skoda xanthi. santos called him up once but he was never capped for us. now he's playing with zenit and the russian nt...

Problem is not with the GK for the Pirates. Already got Barkas, Karnezis,  Gianniotis, Paschalakis, Kapino, Alefanto etc. Vlaho may as well sit on their national team bench instead of ours if he must, for the next few years anyway. Need midfielders, fullbacks and more strikers.

• Like it 1

I seriously doubt Germany would call him. They're the most stacked country for keepers lol.

there is this though and the fact that he represented germany for a lot of under 21 and lower divisions

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2797493-manchester-united-1-of-18-clubs-reportedly-scouting-odisseas-vlachodimos

Edited by georgelaz

lmao are you freaking serious? he's a starter in benfica and there's a great chance he will move to an even bigger club in the future, reports already link him with bayern etc. 

and you're saying we're stucked with worthy keepers ?? who are them? aside of karnezis who's ageing and he's not the first choice in napoli and mparkas who's decent but not world class yet, the rest are mediocre. that's also the reason they're playing for paok, aek or olympiakos and not for benfica.

i can't believe you really think we don't need vlachodimos atm. that's seriously beyond me. 4th or 5th choice ?maybe in the german and nt, not in us.

wow.

Barkas, Anestis Gianniotis, Karnezis, Pascha Kaino. Get over it man. I'd like Vlaho to stay but i'm not losing sleep. I will only lose sleep at a party that Laz is DJ'ing at.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not too fussed either with Vlachodimos. We thought Karnezis was a gun but doesn't play that well for the nt. Gianniotis is a good keeper, Paschalakis hasn't been given a chance yet and Kapino is injured. Barkas is decent also. Vlachodimos won't be our savior. We need someone to save us in the midfield positions as well as upfront. We got keepers, centrebacks, attacking midfielders, left backs and a few wingers. 

• Like it 1

lmao anestis was kicked out of his freaking israeli team and has been jobless so far. kapino is the third choice in werder which means he doesn't even sit on the bench. paschalakis is so inconsistent and can't even compare himself to vlachodimos. he's also 5-6 years younger than him. karnezis is heading to 34. 

mparkas and gianniotis are good but especially the second is a level below vlachodimos. i actually wonder if you guys really follow the greek football at all. because i do watch games every sunday and i can definitely assure you that people here are mad to skibbe for not calling up vlachodimos. 

it will be you who are going to bash skibbe and the federation for not capping him once he signs for bayern or club of similar caliber while we'll be having paschalakis, anestis and kapino haha 

Edited by Boxou
  • Like it 1

I am not saying that he is not a good keeper, all I am saying is that Karnezis/Barkas/Giannotis are ranked slightly higher.  Is Vlacho the automatic starter because he is at Benfica? Last year he was at PAO and was purchased for 2 mill.  Did he really improve to world class over night? Not saying he can't get there but let's put it in context, he's only played 5 games for Benfica.

• Like it 1

vlachodimos was sold for 2 million because pao has gone bankrupt and benfica executives are not stupid to pay more when you can get him at a ridiculous price. it's like saying retsos deserved his 20 million euros transfer which he obviously didn't.

the fact that he's playing for a club like benfica while gianniotis is playing for olympiakos and mparkas for aek makes me think he has potential to be better, not that these guys are not good. 

also the fact that you said he would be our 5th option at the moment is beyond me. yeah we clearly produce players like him every year so why the heck we should bother to cap him...

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic