Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Skibbe now has to play his best players going forward, no questions asked. It's crazy how many players he hasn't called up yet. Fetfatzidis, Siovas, Lampropoulos, Vasilakakis, Paschalakis and so on. Oikonomou to me is not better than Lampropoulos and certainly not better than Siovas. Bakasetas is not better than Fetfatzidis. Also what about Vlachodimos. I'm not sure but I don't know if Tzavellas and Tziolis will he called up again, I'm not betting against it though. EPO would want them called up because of the cash flow they receive from them. This has caused Holebas to retire and has sabotaged us like their is no tomorrow. 

There is no point in calling them up if your not going to play them. Look what happened against Hungary. Both goals were Tzavellas fault. It's a waste of 2 spots. But EPO won't see this because they are greedy. Also why would Koulouris be called up from the 21s? There are plenty of better players there and I would rather have Manias or Manos instead of Koulouris at the moment. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

4 hours ago, La Mendel said:

Skibbe should be sacked right now.

Yes if they were smart they would get rid of him seeing as we are in a cream puff group and are blowing a golden opportunity to top this weak group and a chance of going to Euro via the Nations League. 

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, jason said:

After todays performance for AEK I dont want to see bakakis in NT for a while.. unless he picks it up. 

you probably missed that bakakis' natural position is a right back while today he played as a winger..a healthy and on form stafylidis is our best players in this position but it's unlikely he'll have played any games by the time we get to face hungary and finland. lykogiannis was ok, not spectacular but no bad as people think. 

what skibbe needs to do is to play natural wingers and not attacking midfielders out of their position. so i hope for line up of;

mparkas, stafylidis, sokratis, manolas, lykogiannis, kourmpelis, zeca, lazaros, fortounis, donis, mitroglou. 

bench; karnezis, mpakakis, oikonomou, retsos, torosidis, samaris, bouchalakis, fetfatzidis, pelkas, mantalos, karelis.

• Like it 2

6 hours ago, Boxou said:

you probably missed that bakakis' natural position is a right back while today he played as a winger..a healthy and on form stafylidis is our best players in this position but it's unlikely he'll have played any games by the time we get to face hungary and finland. lykogiannis was ok, not spectacular but no bad as people think. 

what skibbe needs to do is to play natural wingers and not attacking midfielders out of their position. so i hope for line up of;

mparkas, stafylidis, sokratis, manolas, lykogiannis, kourmpelis, zeca, lazaros, fortounis, donis, mitroglou. 

bench; karnezis, mpakakis, oikonomou, retsos, torosidis, samaris, bouchalakis, fetfatzidis, pelkas, mantalos, karelis.

Stafylidis and Lyko on transfermarket, are listed as LB's re maik. Staf might go ok at RB anyway I guess. Tsimikas might be an option, although for a more adventurous manager.

Regardless what happens the next two games if we don’t top this group Skibbe willl be fired and we will have a new manager to start the euro campaign.. The fact that Mitro was fine and ready to start against Hungary but skibbe put Donis as a striker instead of Mitro should get the guy fired... 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

Regardless what happens the next two games if we don’t top this group Skibbe willl be fired and we will have a new manager to start the euro campaign.. The fact that Mitro was fine and ready to start against Hungary but skibbe put Donis as a striker instead of Mitro should get the guy fired... 

It’s great that the EPO has put this ultimatum on Skibbe. My question is if the EPO fires him who do they hire next? Hopefully it’s not another low budget coach and then we have more issues for the Euro qualifiers.

16 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

My question is if the EPO fires him who do they hire next? Hopefully it’s not another low budget coach and then we have more issues for the Euro qualifiers.

Another low budget coach in Angelos Anastasiadis 

me and my buddy discussed who could take over if skibbe is gone

he suggested Conte, Morinho (if he gets sacked), Zidane or Wenger 

I think Mourinho would be great but I think all of the above are too good for our NT sadly. From the above I think Mourinho would do the best job.

Portugese highly respect Greece and Mourinho is heavy on the defense. He'd probably start Siovas Manolas Sokratis Retsos Kpaps in the starting 11 and we'd be a wall.

I figured if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle., therefore, call ups to Galanopoulos, Androutsos and Manias at the expense of Tziolis, Bakasetas and Tzavellas. The squad doesn't need 3 LB (Lyko, Giannouli and Tzav), thats stupid by Sibbe. 

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

androutsos? he doesn't even remember himself when he last played a game for olympiakos. why call him up? siopis is more useful at the moment.

bouchalakis was quite disappointing in olympiakos-betis game...he got subbed off in the 35th minute cause of his awful display.....

I don't know why Martins doesn't put more trust in Androutsos. He is better than Bouchalakis in my opinion. More technical, good passer, runs alot and is more of pure 8. 

Galanopoulos should of had 4 caps by now. It's pathetic that he only has 1. Androutsos and Galanopoulos are more talented and will be our future mids. 

• Thanks 1

He should have for sure. No point in sitting on the bench. He is talented though and this was the only coach who doesn't want him. These things happen. Androutsos is still young and has time. I hope he doesn't end us up as Ninis situation. I don't think he will.

my ideal line up if everyone was playing and in form (this mostly applies to Samaris right now)

mitroglou

donis fortounis  fetfa 

zeca samaris

holebas sok man retsos

karnezis

currently form wise I'd probably go with this

mitroglou

donis fortounis  lazaros/pelkas

zeca kourbelis

holebas sok man bakakis

barkas

Edited by georgelaz

also since sokratis picked up an injury, in case he misses the game i think oikonomou will start instead of him. retsos is also injured, so is papadopoulos and siovas doesn't get any call ups. 

ofc the injury could minnow so he can attend the game.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic