Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Skibbe said in his press conference today that he expects Mitro to play.. He also said he is going to give other guys a chance tomorrow and continued to say we have a lot of options now so we need to see what the other guys bring.. I'm hoping that means Laz and Donis.

22 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

I would leave the back 7 the same as the first game. They didn’t give up a goal. Why change? They did their job. You can’t give up less goals than zero. 

Yeah but Estonia got behind both wing backs on a few occasions... Hungary would be more dangerous, Bakakis is better than Torosidis now days although I think Lykogiannis will play better if given another chance

• Like it 1

an idea if mitroglou and karelis aren't available is we could also play false 9 as we have the players for it 

fortounis

donis/laz mantalos pelkas

kourbelis zeca

staf sok   manolas bakakis

barkas

• Like it 1

Why cant we play this:

Mitro

Pelkas                            lazaros
                  Fortounis 

Kourbelis                            Zeca

Lyko        Manolas      papa           Toro? 

Barkas

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, jason said:

Why cant we play this:

Mitro

Pelkas                            lazaros
                  Fortounis 

Kourbelis                            Zeca

Lyko        Manolas      papa           Toro? 

Barkas

probably the ideal lineup. just first game he played mantalos and second he played tzavellas aka mr tsabouka. zeca I think was a bit injured that's why he didn't start.

wouldn't mind bakakis over toro 

Edited by georgelaz

22 hours ago, Boxou said:

Stafylidis for Lykogiannis and Donis for Pelkas. Pelkas for whom you guys argue to play in the wings proved he can't play there.

how? he seemed great there to me. his first touch game elevated a lot. was able to control really hard passes out wide.

pelkas got lost in the wings. couldn't get the ball and overall make himself relevant. i saw him many times running at the midfield and often there were 2 players centrally and our only winger was lazaros. that's not his fault of course, but skibbe's one. one more, to be specific. im not saying he's not a good player, in fact i do like him a lot but donis and lazaros are natural wingers while pelkas and mantalos are attacking midfielders. 

anyway, samaris got his first minutes this season, came in as a sub in the 60th minute for benfica. finally... 

stafylidis and retsos still injured.

sokratis as usual started for arsenal

karnezis got an unexpected start for napoli and he kept a cleen sheet.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

Bakakis over Torosidis any way.

Pelkas is a player that should be in this team

Fetfa should be in this team

We need to play around with these guys a bit but some good potential there

I agree 100%. We need players in their correct position also. So if we have Fetfatzidis and Lazaros for right wing and Donis and Gianniotas for left than we are looking good. Pelkas, Mantalos and Fortounis hold the CAM position. I hope Gianniotas plays well with AEK because he should be in our team. 

I also don't mind Torosidis being our back up to Bakakis. I still think he deserves to be on the team. He is our captain!

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 3

On 8/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, Dean97 said:

Surely no one thinks Toro, being captain pirate, will be dropped mid-tournament. C'mon. Bakak has to come back from injury first, be a  sub 2 or 3 times and by then even Tziolara together with Toro, will ride off into the Mykonos sunset.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ausgreek said:

Surely no one thinks Toro, being captain pirate, will be dropped mid-tournament. C'mon. Bakak has to come back from injury first, be a  sub 2 or 3 times and by then even Tziolara together with Toro, will ride off into the Mykonos sunset.

lol I spit out my water when I read this.

Does this not make sense Lazo? Thats what will happen you must accept it. 

Anyway, standing next to Caitlyn Jenner at the cubical, opinion is Usain Bolt can represent Greece as long as he doesn't play for the Socceroos first, in three years time.

Edited by ausgreek

Alefantos for me would be ideal. He's passionate about greek soccer. knowledgable. has a proven track record and available.

I think he doesn't rate staf tho but he'd get holebas back into the picture and he's not that stubborn. he didn't rate pelkas either but pelkas won him over.

we'd also get siovas back into the picture and he also understands that toro is on his last legs. he clearly just understand the game well.

skibbe seems more concerned in making sure the camera catches him doing a blue steel pose at the right moment to capture that cougar demographic

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1
  • Confused 2

Seriously guys, when you post on the forum, don't get ripped then come on and post something you wouldn't normally.

Lazo, you mean Alefantos, who was on a show punching in the air to show how he is still a machine, and everyone was laughing at him. He is a basket case these days, novelty value.

What would fellow A-listers like LaMendell, Akritis, Red Sherriff, Dean97, Skank and J1078 etc think after you posted that? You might get a two week ban from the Frappe Cafe Drinkers Association at this rate re!

Optus have taken on the UEFA Nations 'tournie' from October if i'm not mistaken, for those in Sydney.

• Haha 2

Skibbe should be fired right now. There is no point in holding onto him in my opinion. He should have been sacked after the 2018 qualifiers. He was never the right option to begin with. He was the only option after Schuster. Schuster didn't sign because he wasn't given enough freedom. 

I dont want to wait until we lose for him to get sacked. I don't want to lose but it will be the only way he gets fired. Again, EPO should fire him right now. 

• Like it 1

there are good and bad news in both cases. the good news that skibbe now is forced to win so that would have us leading the table and he has no room to drop any points and if he does that he's fired. the bad news is that if he wins we stick with him (i'd prefer winning at the moment, losing games to we CAN win in order to get rid of him is pathetic, i value winning more than this guy and we don't have the luxury to lose any games. also in case he's fired it means another mediocre coach will replace him so basically it's mpros gkremos kai pisw rema. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic