Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

11 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Signed with Oly and will probably go the familiar route of being loaned out until forgotten....he should have stayed at OFI 1 more season.

shoul've gone to pao. we need a striker. paos squad is pretty complete just missing a striker since berg left left a hole

4 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

Find it really strange how many of you hate Skibbe, when he was the coach that brought the club back from the abyss. 

I agree he isn't that bad. Only questionable thing is Tziolis. Leaving Holebas out due to beef over 'club-mentality' over form. And Tziolara

but we basically did as good was we realistically were supposed to do 2nd to Belgium and losing to a better Croatia side that was a world cup finalist. 

Not sure if any other coach would have done better given our opponents. 

He's also not stupid by integrating Donis and Retsos and looks like he's doing that with Bakakis now. His hesitations with Fetfa also makes even more sense now as Fetfa is still not a starter yet with Olympiakos even.

Even Rehhagel and Santos had players that on paper were some of our best on paper but were bad for the dressing room. Eg) Zikos, Georgatos

11 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

Find it really strange how many of you hate Skibbe, when he was the coach that brought the club back from the abyss. 

Welcome to the forum. Seems like you re new. Here is where a Coaching team of Mourinho , Rehaggel at his youth , Ouzounidis, Donis (apparently hes quite good considering how pao is performing and how apoel is performing now that he left) and Gattusso (mostly for the memes) would be considered terrible.
People have their minds in teh fact that we won a Euro 14 years ago so we should be playing like Barcelona by now.

Skibbe is a goat. Tziolis stuck in his brain is a bad thing - could be managerial issue / EPO ain't really as clean as we'd hope / so you can't really blame the guy - although I ve said numerous times that apart from Kourbelis being more pacey there is not much that would change if we kicked Tziolis out of the team.

We should be able to qualify to the final of this tournament Nations League, and there playing a match with a decent side like Serbia could see us winner or loser , no hard feelings it's a good campaign if we manage to reach the final.

But yeah. Dude is just paying the prize of comming to coach the Greek NT where there is minimum Greek talent. One 6 and 8  making a decent career could unlock lots of opportunity for this team.

Although i do agree we need a better 6 and 8, there is nothing wrong in Kourbelis as the 6 and Zeca as the 8. Zeca is a workhorse and Kourbelis is a destroyer. They are our best options right now. That Bouzoukis kid looks good. So does most of the PAO youth. But its not their time yet. If Skibbe is thinking of playing Tziolis as the 6, i say sack him right after the game. He should be sacked for even calling him up. Right now though Kourbelis deserves to start over Bouchalakis. 

My man. The problem that you do not seem to be realising is the fact that Skibbe wants his team physical.

A bit of a reminder

2 goals vs Estonia 

1 goal vs Cyprus

1 goal vs Croatia

were all set piece goals

Add to those 
1 goal vs Bosnia from a set-piece like out that ended up in Tzavellas' feet.

1 goal vs Belgium where Tachtsidis' height played a role into winning the ball in the midfield and heading a cross to then alone Mitroglou

1 goal  vs Belgium where I think it was Stafy - threw a cross inside the box.

I am not even counting the goals vs Gibraltar.

It's pretty obvious that our creation is minimum when playing teams like Bosnia and Belgium. 

Skibbe knows it too wow that's his sin? He is making sure that the set pieces we win are valuable.

14 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

The bottom line is we were never going to be as bad as we were during our brutal Euro campaign, We lost a few main guys like Kara and few other guys plus our coach left, we had I believe 3 different coaches during that campaign, We looked lost and confused but we have enough good players not to be as bad as we were. Skibbe gets too much credit for so called bringing us "back from the dead" We would have eventually turned it around. The problem is I strongly believe  this coach is hindering us from being better by his horrible in game tactics, His horrible in game substitutions, his lack of calling up players that deserve a shot. He is a complete hypocrite as he sat and said he will only play inform players yet he calls up Tziolis who played all 90 minutes of our last friendly and Tzavellas. How inform are these guys?? We all know how he panicked and but such a brutal line up and had such a horrible game plan in our first away game vs Croatia..  Lets also not forget the line up and format he choose at home in a must win game that almost cost us going to the playoffs against Estonia where we tied. Do you guys remember that line up?? (he completely F***ed up) if Bosnia didn't choke against Cyprus that Estonia draw would have ended us and put Bosnia through.. This coach in my opinion has to go as but unfortunately we are stuck with him....

• Like it 1

Let’s hope we get a great lineup for these 2 games... I’d love to see mitroglou, donis, fortounis and lazaros all starting. I think those 4 could actually cause some issues for opposing teams. would also be great to see zeca and maybe kourbelis start at CM. I doubt we see this and he will probably have tziolis in there to slow everything down to a crawl.

1 hour ago, Jimmyp said:

Bouchalakis should be given a shot to start. He’s playing lights out. Zeca shouldn’t be called up at all. He’s not Greek. Never will be. I guess I’m old school and have a problem with that. 

have you watched oly recently? bouchalakis is the worst player on the team by a mile when he plays, olympiakos surrendered the midfield against burnley in the second game and he almost gifted them a goal going late into the game. he has nothing else than a decent pass and an average shot. he tall but his headers are rather awful. no pace either.

he should be thankful to god that samaris' level has dropped so much that if im not mistaken he got kicked out of benfica's squad after his decision not to sign with rayo vallecano, a team in spanish championship. tachtsidis was sent to nottingham forest so basically no nt for him either. galanopoulos i heard is currently under suspension from the u21 games and should get his first call up in october. regarding the zeca comment that's your personal opinion which i respect.

• Like it 1

27 minutes ago, Boxou said:

have you watched oly recently? bouchalakis is the worst player on the team by a mile when he plays, olympiakos surrendered the midfield against burnley in the second game and he almost gifted them a goal going late into the game. he has nothing else than a decent pass and an average shot. he tall but his headers are rather awful. no pace either.

he should be thankful to god that samaris' level has dropped so much that if im not mistaken he got kicked out of benfica's squad after his decision not to sign with rayo vallecano, a team in spanish championship. tachtsidis was sent to nottingham forest so basically no nt for him either. galanopoulos i heard is currently under suspension from the u21 games and should get his first call up in october. regarding the zeca comment that's your personal opinion which i respect.

Actually I haven’t watched oly.  Just by the highlights I see it seems he’s always creating and around the ball. I guess you would know more than me. I’m saying that respectfully by the way. Not sarcastically. As far as pace is concerned, we both know that Greeks and pace do not belong in the same sentence. No Greek players have pace. None. A few may look fast playing against other Greeks but they actually are just average. I’m 46 I have never seen a fast Greek player. By fast I mean world class speed. As far as I know, you can stick me in there and I’m pretty sure I can beat half of them in a race still. Lol. And I will stand by my Zeca comment always. He’s not Greek. Never will be to me. Good luck this weekend to our country. 

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Jimmy P that's a massive generalization, Donis the Train for one, there is many fast greek players but for what ever reason, we like to play older and slower players on the Ethniki.

Galanopoulos needs to come into this team ASAP. 

• Like it 1

we actually don't have many super fast players. tasos donis, manthatis, deligiannidis (not skilled technically), manolas are pretty fast not world class but our speediest.

we have a lot of above average speed players tho like bakakis, pelkas, karelis, limnios

holebas still fast and when he was younger was insanely fast.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic