Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

21 hours ago, Boxou said:

Also please, are you for real and you think Torosidis could be our starting midfielder ? ?? The guy has always been a RB/LB in his career, are we going to teach him how to play as a midfielder in the age of 33?

I just can't...

Thank god someone said it!

We’re crying about our midfield and all of a sudden we’re calling for Toro in the midfield? Come on guys 

On top of it all, he’s not played midfield for 10 years

Edited by Alphonse

All I was trying to state was that Ninis with the ball can do things that our current players can't. It's a shame that his career has turned it out the way it was. Also why not talk about Ninis in this thread? I don't think he deserves to be put in the starting 11 right now because that would be unfair to other more hardworking players. Now if people want to be fixated on that he hasn't played consistent minutes since 2012 than thats fine. But do we all agree when Ninis has played and with his abilities he far better than most of our players on the ball? 

Torosidis is passed it in my opinion. He can't do the job at right back anymore. He has gone slower and not the player he was. There is a lot of people here who don't like putting players in other positions and I respect that. But why not try and be a little open minded? Why not try different things? Why should we be so quick to s%$#! on different ideas, who are you a coach? Where all fans at the end of the day. We want the best for this team. But I pinch a nerve about Ninis and suddenly Ive lost my mind.?

In the other forum we speak with an open mind and we don't attack people with silly comments and try to offend someone. We talk like mature people and discuss opinions with no harsh attacks. Who is anybody to talk down on anyone for their opinion. There are many people who agree about what Ninis can bring to the table. Fetfatzidis too. It's absolute criminal that Fetfatzidis hasn't playedfir the national team since 2015. He had a better goal to game ratio than Mantalos. 

Here are the facts for players in the national team:

Ninis: 32 appearances 3 goals

Fetfatzidis: 25 appearances 3 goals

Gianniotas: 8 appearances 2 goals

Now let's go to our current players.

Fortounis: 33 appearances 3 goals

Mantalos: 19 appearances 2 goals

Bakasetas: 13 appearances 0 goals

Lazaros: 32 appearances 1 goal

As you can see Ninis and Fortounis are nearly neck and neck with the same amount of goals but Ninis with 1 less appearnce. The most effective looks like Ninis by one game. But you can say it's even. 

Fetfatzidis beats all 4 of our current options due to less games and more goals. 

Gianniotas and Mantalos share 2 goals each. With Gianniotas proving to be more effective with 11 less games. 

Lastly Lazaros has 32 appearances with only 1 goal and he is 32 years old! Ninis, Fetfatzidis and Gianniotas have had the same or less amount of games with more goals and are younger!

Ninis, Fetfatzidis and Gianniotas have proven over the years that they are more effective than our current midfielders/attackers. 

Also with Ninis possibly returning to the GSL and Fetfatzidis already at Olympiakos we could see them back in the near future. Also Gianniotas might be playing in la liga. If our current 4 can start scoring goals than Ninis and co don't have to be included in these discussions. 

Fitness and game time is an issue with Ninis but when he returns for the new season he should be ready. Also no excuse for Fetfatzidis not getting chosen now.

Edited by Dean97

for CAM I don't think goals is a proper measurement of performance eg) modric and de bruyne are world class but don't bag a lot of goals either.

passes completed. assists. second assists (which aren't registered), incisive passing etc.

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

All I was trying to state was that Ninis with the ball can do things that our current players can't. It's a shame that his career has turned it out the way it was. Also why not talk about Ninis in this thread? I don't think he deserves to be put in the starting 11 right now because that would be unfair to other more hardworking players. Now if people want to be fixated on that he hasn't played consistent minutes since 2012 than thats fine. But do we all agree when Ninis has played and with his abilities he far better than most of our players on the ball? 

Torosidis is passed it in my opinion. He can't do the job at right back anymore. He has gone slower and not the player he was. There is a lot of people here who don't like putting players in other positions and I respect that. But why not try and be a little open minded? Why not try different things? Why should we be so quick to s%$#! on different ideas, who are you a coach? Where all fans at the end of the day. We want the best for this team. But I pinch a nerve about Ninis and suddenly Ive lost my mind.?

In the other forum we speak with an open mind and we don't attack people with silly comments and try to offend someone. We talk like mature people and discuss opinions with no harsh attacks. Who is anybody to talk down on anyone for their opinion. There are many people who agree about what Ninis can bring to the table. Fetfatzidis too. It's absolute criminal that Fetfatzidis hasn't playedfir the national team since 2015. He had a better goal to game ratio than Mantalos. 

Here are the facts for players in the national team:

Ninis: 32 appearances 3 goals

Fetfatzidis: 25 appearances 3 goals

Gianniotas: 8 appearances 2 goals

Now let's go to our current players.

Fortounis: 33 appearances 3 goals

Mantalos: 19 appearances 2 goals

Bakasetas: 13 appearances 0 goals

Lazaros: 32 appearances 1 goal

As you can see Ninis and Fortounis are nearly neck and neck with the same amount of goals but Ninis with 1 less appearnce. The most effective looks like Ninis by one game. But you can say it's even. 

Fetfatzidis beats all 4 of our current options due to less games and more goals. 

Gianniotas and Mantalos share 2 goals each. With Gianniotas proving to be more effective with 11 less games. 

Lastly Lazaros has 32 appearances with only 1 goal and he is 32 years old! Ninis, Fetfatzidis and Gianniotas have had the same or less amount of games with more goals and are younger!

Ninis, Fetfatzidis and Gianniotas have proven over the years that they are more effective than our current midfielders/attackers. 

Also with Ninis possibly returning to the GSL and Fetfatzidis already at Olympiakos we could see them back in the near future. Also Gianniotas might be playing in la liga. If our current 4 can start scoring goals than Ninis and co don't have to be included in these discussions. 

Fitness and game time is an issue with Ninis but when he returns for the new season he should be ready. Also no excuse for Fetfatzidis not getting chosen now.

We can just agree than until 2013 Ninis was sort of valuable for the NT. And yes he has talent. But that's pretty much about it. He's done totally nothing the past 5 years, how could you say he deserves to be in this team, let along being a starter? When was the last time you watched Ninis playing? We demand from our team to be a regular in major tournaments yet people suggest Ninis as a possible solution? He's past this level, he's been without a club for a while but it's a crime that we don't call him up? I suggest you to tell me what's so impressive on Ninis current form that we should look him up.

And if you're going to say that he was good 5 years ago and he is skilled with the ball, then why don't call up Samaras too, right? Nevermind he's been playing semi-professional football ever since 2015 and has been a journeyman in USA and Turkey's B division as well as the exotic Saudi Arabia? Samaras is the closest thing on current Ninis to give you an example. We are not going to give someone a call up because he used to have a "name" in our football in 2014. The last thing I'm going to tell about Ninis and I'll end it here because I've been sick trying to prove he's not NT material, is that I'm willing to have a bet with you is that if he ever lands up to the Greek superleague again it would be for a mid table side at best and guess what, he won't be the difference maker you think he will.

Please, the stats you are posting here are useless. What does it mean if Ninis scored 3 goals for the NT 5-6 years ago? Maybe according to this logic these guys should be perennial call ups, because they had some talent in their early 20's. 

About Fetfatzidis, you're saying that it's a shame he has not received a call up since 2015. We've been again into this and I'll just say that all this time he wasn't even playing real football in Saudi Arabia, how the fcvk he can be a difference maker in a national team that aims to qualify for the WC. If he manages to be a rotation player in Olympiakos you and me should be more than happy, because he's going to have strong competition ahead of him (Lazaros, Podence and perhaps Markovic will all be ahead of him). And heck I just forgot Pardo. At the moment Limnios of PAOK deserves a call up more than any Gianniotas, Fetfatzidis and Ninis of this world. The kid is a starter since January in a side that are close into qualifying into the CL and are about to be a force in Greece too.

6 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Anastasios Douvikas will take over from Mykonos Mitroglou in afew seasons time.  The new Charisteas scoring to win another Euro!

Mano Manos looks promising. 27 goals for Ofi in a season + now with olympiakos. Also it's fun to say Mano Manos

Jimmy Jims

Edited by georgelaz

mitro

donis fortounis lazaros/pelkas

zeca mantalos

staf sok man bakakis/toro

karnezis

mantalos as an 8. zeca as the cdm. 

Edited by georgelaz

Just now, Boxou said:

Yeh I mean I wasn't happy watching them going out either but nobody called these players promising, let alone NT material. 

Skibbe called them (or several of them) up in May and they made Saudi Arabia (one of the worst sides at this World Cup) look like Brasil. Risvanis was there, Im sure.

8 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

Skibbe called them (or several of them) up in May and they made Saudi Arabia (one of the worst sides at this World Cup) look like Brasil. Risvanis was there, Im sure.

The friendly you talking about had only Greek superleague players. And even so the likes of Fortounis etc where not available either. So it's natural players from Atromitos and Asteras.

Don't worry we're not seeing any of them being a part of the actual NT in September.

Retsos out for 6 weeks. Considering Papadopoulos is also injured I can definitely see Mavropanos getting called up and perhaps Siovas. But I'm sure Skibbe will take advantage of this situation and call up Tzavellas instead ?

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

Retsos out for 6 weeks. Considering Papadopoulos is also injured I can definitely see Mavropanos getting called up and perhaps Siovas. But I'm sure Skibbe will take advantage of this situation and call up Tzavellas instead ?

haha yea exactly. How do you pass up on a player that will likely be a top 4 CB at Arsenal this season? Especially considering your #3 and #4 NT CBs are injured.

The Pirates need a CB that can scratch, bite, kick and pinch at this level so Tzavellas will be there. Mitropanos will get his chance in good time. Its now time, as an elder statesman that Samaris grows a Jedinak-style long beard for respect. Whom ever grows one out of Tziolis, Samaris and Tachtsidis, will start in upcoming matches.

• Like it 1

On 8/4/2018 at 5:33 AM, ausgreek said:

The Pirates need a CB that can scratch, bite, kick and pinch at this level so Tzavellas will be there. Mitropanos will get his chance in good time. Its now time, as an elder statesman that Samaris grows a Jedinak-style long beard for respect. Whom ever grows one out of Tziolis, Samaris and Tachtsidis, will start in upcoming matches.

I like the way you think bro

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2018 at 7:40 AM, La Mendel said:

The teams of several "promising" players are out of Europa League!

Asteras: Kaltsas Manias

Atromitos: Giannoulis Risvanis Koulouris

We need these stars in the Ethniki, they should be called up again, theyre the hope of Greek football. ? ? ?

That's what I hoped for too. But when I saw them play against Saudi Arabia I was dissapointed. Maybe we shouldn't criticize those players after 1 game. But they all looked like they were not ready for the national team. 

Karnezis

Lykogiannis Manolas Sokratis Tsimikas

Samaris Zeca

Lazaros Fortounis Pelkas

Mitroglou/Karelis

I think Karelis will have a big season coming up. I doubt we'll see Lykogiannis called up but he should be given a chance. We have Donis and Fetfatzidis as subs. Pelkas has been in good form and so has Lazaros. Hopefully Bakasetas isn't called up and we see Limnios instead. 

Bakakis isn't great defensively. Also most of our fbs are not that tall. So it's important we have height in our box when we are defending. Holebas was good in the air and so was Torosidis. Stafylidis Isn't that great in the air and therefore our left side could be targeted.

Karelis will get game time throughout the season, that shouldn't be the concern. The concern is that we are limited in most positions, especially up front. We can't play youth players like Koulouris or Douvikas yet. They need to prove themselves. Karelis has proven himself and should be on the team when healthy. 

13 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Bakakis isn't great defensively. Also most of our fbs are not that tall. So it's important we have height in our box when we are defending. Holebas was good in the air and so was Torosidis. Stafylidis Isn't that great in the air and therefore our left side could be targeted.

Karelis will get game time throughout the season, that shouldn't be the concern. The concern is that we are limited in most positions, especially up front. We can't play youth players like Koulouris or Douvikas yet. They need to prove themselves. Karelis has proven himself and should be on the team when healthy. 

Karelis is getting sold to Paok if (once more accurately - coz sorry Paok bros i ve been cheering for u whole summer coz u trully got a Champions League tier team) they re out of the C.L. Prijo will leave and Karelis will come.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic