Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

5 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Personally I don't think Retsos is very comfortable at RB or LB and if we're playing with 2 DMs who lack attacking skills then Skibbe will be looking for more offensive play than what Retsos has shown at the NT level (not his fault as he's still learning). In the switzerland game it was Skibbe who kept prompting Retsos to move up higher but he really couldn't do much where as Bakakis or even a Kivrakides are much more at ease moving up and down the flank.
Everyone was exposed against Croatia (Zeca excluded) so I don't think Staf should shoulder the blame...he looked good against Egypt so did Lykogiannis and thats good news....again I don't think Retsos should be used over these 2 at LB. I actually would have preferred Retsos playing with the U21 and seeing if he can improve as a fullback at Leverkusen.....imagine Mavropanos, Xatzidiakos and Retsos at CB for the U21....they would go far in any competition.

I agree that he's probably not very comfortable going forward as a full-back but he's still young and it's a position he could grow into. Don't get me wrong, if Bakakis can claim the RB spot as his own then great; Retsos would then be the #3CB. My point though is that I want someone who is defensively-responsible and won't be a liability out there (Retsos was one of the few players who didn't s%$#! themselves against the Croats). Same story for LB; as much as I liked Staf's (and before him Holevas) runs forward, their defensive lapses give/gave me heart attacks. Personally I think we haven't had a true defensively-sound LB since Fyssas. Against Croatia, Staf did directly cost us a goal so think it's fair to call him out. Maybe Lykogiannis will turn out to be a better option in the long run? 

• Like it 1

holebas got better at defense before his exit from the NT tho.. he even plays cb for watford sometimes now but that's dead and gone.

i think lb position maybe pends on our opposition. against minnows staf for extra attacking threat and against bigger teams maybe retsos?

Retsos provides stability at fullback. Stafylidis more of an attacking threat. I personally don't mind Retsos at fullback because he can grow there. He has provided assists at Leverkusen at fullback. So he can grow there. 

Bakakis should be the starting right back. He should be by now. Gianniotasy, Donis, Pelkas and Lazaros are our wing options. We need to slowly faze out Tziolis, Tzavellas and Torosidis. 

Vasilakakis is a player that should of been called up but didn't. Galanopoulos will get called up in June. 

team id like to see in june friendlies;

gk; karnezis, gianniotis, mparkas,

lb; stafylidis, torosidis

cb; manolas, papadopoulos, sokratis, retsos

rb; mpakakis, lykogiannis

cdm; samaris, galanopoulos, zeca, kourmpelis, tachtsidis

amf; pelkas, mantalos, fortounis, lazaros

cf; mitroglou, karelis, donis

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

team id like to see in june friendlies;

gk; karnezis, gianniotis, mparkas,

lb; stafylidis, torosidis

cb; manolas, papadopoulos, sokratis, retsos

rb; mpakakis, lykogiannis

cdm; samaris, galanopoulos, zeca, kourmpelis, tachtsidis

amf; pelkas, mantalos, fortounis, lazaros

cf; mitroglou, karelis, donis

I like your line up expect for taxi I'm over this guy.

I'd do something like this rn

Mitro/Karelis
Donis      Fetfa      Pelkas
                   zeca
Staf                            Bakakis            
    Sok Mano Ret/Kpaps
                Karnezis

our dm options suck right now except for zeca but we're gifted at CB position so load that up and the extra cb can pick up the slack for the empty dm position.

pelka and donis add pace to the wings and fetfa is a wild card at cam. 
staf and bakakis wingbacks are an extra double threat on the wings and again having 3atb will pick up the slack as these two are not as strong defensively.

I'd much rather have holebas in there for staf though.

• Like it 1

15 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Mitro/Karelis
Donis      Fetfa      Pelkas/Laz
                   zeca
    Sok Mano Ret/Kpaps
                Karnezis

edit forgot Laz!

Samaris I think if he was in form and starting like he was in 2014-2015 than he would be good.

Tachtsidis like Alefantos said might be only good for a team that's better than the opposition. Eg) Olympiakos vs. most superleague teams. he might be perfect that as his through balls and his lack of speed dont make a huge liability.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, georgelaz said:

I'd do something like this rn

Mitro/Karelis
Donis      Fetfa      Pelkas
                   zeca
    Sok Mano Ret/Kpaps
                Karnezis

our dm options suck right now except for zeca but we're gifted at CB position so load that up and the extra cb can pick up the slack for the empty dm position.

pelka and donis add pace to the wings and fetfa is a wild card at cam. 
staf and bakakis wingbacks are an extra double threat on the wings and again having 3atb will pick up the slack as these two are not as strong defensively.

I'd much rather have holebas in there for staf though.

I like this.  But Skibbe is not bold enough to have this lineup.  And I still hold a candle for Fetfa and would like to see him again also.  Leave him in.

Agree as well about our DM's and going one extra CB is best. 

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Samaris I think if he was in form and starting like he was in 2014-2015 than he would be good.

Tachtsidis like Alefantos said might be only good for a team that's better than the opposition. Eg) Olympiakos vs. most superleague teams. he might be perfect that as his through balls and his lack of speed dont make a huge liability.

Samaris only played 2 good matches for the Ethniki and that was in the 2014 world cup. Since then he has done nothing special. 

As for Tachtsidis I agree with J1078 I am over him. He has been below average lately and the bench is the best place for him now. 

I actually believed in these 2 players after the world cup 4 years ago. I'm tired of waiting time to bring in better talent. 

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Samaris only played 2 good matches for the Ethniki and that was in the 2014 world cup. Since then he has done nothing special. 

As for Tachtsidis I agree with J1078 I am over him. He has been below average lately and the bench is the best place for him now. 

I actually believed in these 2 players after the world cup 4 years ago. I'm tired of waiting time to bring in better talent. 

gianniotas has done nothing for the nt, as well as fetfatzidis. both in nt and club level. but people here think they're good because of their speed. let alone they can't even crack into a top-10!!! league  in europe....

36 minutes ago, Boxou said:

gianniotas has done nothing for the nt, as well as fetfatzidis. both in nt and club level. but people here think they're good because of their speed. let alone they can't even crack into a top-10!!! league  in europe....

If you look at the players that are around them in the national team no wonder they can't score enough goals. They create things in attack and they mostly do things on their own. They are impressive because of their ball control and fast dribbling and can become dangerous against defences. Most of our attackers are not playing for the best teams in Europe anyway.

2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Fetfa’s stats in mins played and goals scored is better than most of the current NT players 

last time he played for the nt was back in 2015, and he earned most of his caps around 2011-2014 when he hit top form. done nothing ever since then.

fortounis is probably our best attacking midfielder though out of form. I would not count him out. he's a key player for olympiakos which hate or love it is a big side. (saying as a panathinaikos supporter)

if a few inches were on his side he would have scored 2 goals vs. switzerland. 

I think he'll be back next season.

Edited by georgelaz

5 hours ago, georgelaz said:

fortounis is probably our best attacking midfielder though out of form. I would not count him out. he's a key player for olympiakos which hate or love it is a big side. (saying as a panathinaikos supporter)

if a few inches were on his side he would have scored 2 goals vs. switzerland. 

I think he'll be back next season.

Hopefully. Marinakis has told almost all the Olympiakos players to leave and that Olympiakos will be playing some of the u20s from the academy. Fortounis will most likely leave next season aswell as a few others. This is a good chance for Androutsos to play a full 90 game as he needs it. 

interesting. I don't believe that though and it's not like olympiakos has been terrible they're just used to getting the title. they're only 1-2 games away from another title.

I think the overdid it with the foreigners that don't bleed for the shirt. eg) seba seems like a bit of deadweight but keep playing him cuz of his brazilian pedigree

whereas the olympiakos that I was jealous of as a pao fan was circa 2013 = samaris, mitroglou, manolas, holebas, fetfa + foreigners that played with pride = mirallas, dominguez, botia, roberto

Papadopoulos might go to PAOK. I think it would be a bad move. He should stay abroad as it would benefit the national team. Him and Retsos are clearly our back ups. 

I don't know why Siovas hasn't been called up. He has been clearly doing well in Spain for 2 seasons. He could more stable then Manolas and Sokratis. Hid weakness is his pace in my opinion but his passing is the best from all our centrebacks. We should utilize him. 

On 4/8/2018 at 4:36 AM, Dean97 said:

Papadopoulos might go to PAOK. I think it would be a bad move. He should stay abroad as it would benefit the national team. Him and Retsos are clearly our back ups. 

I don't know why Siovas hasn't been called up. He has been clearly doing well in Spain for 2 seasons. He could more stable then Manolas and Sokratis. Hid weakness is his pace in my opinion but his passing is the best from all our centrebacks. We should utilize him. 

Papadopoulos will eventually go to PAOK but it will be at around 30-32 years old where he will play out the rest of his career. It`s now time for him to take that next step that we all know he has in him, not to go back to Greece prematurely. 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, Dean97 said:

he has a 6 mil buy out clause which will be lower in case hamburg gets relegated. although the player said his priority is to keep playing abroad.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic