Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

There could be many reasons as to why Fetfa hasn't been called up for years.  Maybe he's a negative locker room presence. Maybe he's lazy. Maybe he's not on point with the team's tactics. Maybe he doesn't have rapport with the team etc..

Remember, the ethniki is supposed to be like a family. It doesn't matter if you're as good as Hazard or Muller, one rotten apple can ruin it for everyone else. There are countless examples of this in sports, where a world-class player is toxic and the team does poorly as a result (i.e. Cousins on Sacramento Kings,  Balotelli etc..)

However, I must clarify that I'm not accusing Fetfa of being a toxic person. I'm just saying that it's one of many possibilities lol

fetfa not being selected doesn't bother AS much now that we have Laz and Donis playing well but we're seriously thin in the position so it's redic that's it's not happening.

Gianniotas is quite good. Regardless of the team he plays for. He was APOEL's most in form player when they were going deep in europa last year so he should be an option to add fresh legs when needed.

Pelka as a RW could be great. He looked great there vs hungary with another CAM at the helm and he's been in form for 3 years + now. It's time. He would have made himself more undeniable though if he nailed that sitter vs. Croatia so we could have gone down like Lion's.

6 hours ago, georgelaz said:

fetfa not being selected doesn't bother AS much now that we have Laz and Donis playing well but we're seriously thin in the position so it's redic that's it's not happening.

Gianniotas is quite good. Regardless of the team he plays for. He was APOEL's most in form player when they were going deep in europa last year so he should be an option to add fresh legs when needed.

Pelka as a RW could be great. He looked great there vs hungary with another CAM at the helm and he's been in form for 3 years + now. It's time. He would have made himself more undeniable though if he nailed that sitter vs. Croatia so we could have gone down like Lion's.

I agree about Gianniotas. He can be a good option off the bench. Are talking about when Gianniotas beat a player one on one and played it to Pelkas? 

Pelkas should of scored really. We really need players who can score. There are a lot of players that can do everything but destroy the final pass or cross or even shot. Donis is all fire and fury but cant cross or finish. Pelkas can beat a player or 2 but skies the ball after. Gianniotas sometimes does too much. Lazaros holds on the ball too long. 

Hopefully Limnios plays very well. I wanted Lamprou to get called up but thats life. 

• Like it 1

Donis is not good for a striker or winger. He's more of a cf he creates chances and opens up crazy space but yes can't finish or cross. to best utilize him he should play right behind mitro. mitro is our only true striker worth a damn. karelis too is more of a cf but more of a striker than donis for sure. our wings are so weak though. IF we're lucky skibbe might play this (with donis slightly behind mitro)

Mitro   Donis 

Laz              Fortounis           Pelka

Zeca

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Fortounis is our best CAM. Pelkas the most in form though right now. We definitely should not drop fortounis altogether

our best squad at this very moment imo is (Kourbelis, Bakakis, Pelkas need to get blooded).

mitro
Laz       Donis    pelka
           Kourb Zeca
Staf Sok  Man   Bakakis
              Karnezis

it's a shame cuz this is actually a solid squad and when we were actually trying to qualify it was hard to get an in form starting 11.

Edited by georgelaz

10 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Fortounis is our best CAM. Pelkas the most in form though right now. We definitely should not drop fortounis altogether

our best squad at this very moment imo is (Kourbelis, Bakakis, Pelkas need to get blooded).

mitro
Laz       Donis    pelka
           Kourb Zeca
Staf Sok  Man   Bakakis
              Karnezis

it's a shame cuz this is actually a solid squad and when we were actually trying to qualify it was hard to get an in form starting 11.

I hope that's our line up on Friday.

• Like it 1

Gazetta with more logic than the coach. Retsos at lb lol let's put Tsiolis as st and Tzavellas at am, fortou as rb, Mitro as dm and bakasetas as cb, Toro in goal and socs and mano on the wings. What an imbecile this coach is honest to God. And if this is the EPO telling him what to do, or the powers that be... I'd quit instantly. Rather quit that look like a clueless knob. 

Edited by gsots

after watching that match vs swiss best lineup would maybe be

mitro

pelka fetfa laz

gala zeca

hole sok man retsos

karnezis

kourbelis and koulouri flops 

pelka and laz form carried to the NT

retsos nice as a full back and makes our defense even more robust

torosidis is finished. 

fortounis is good but needs to get his confidence and form back and for now should be a bench option.

donis overhyped.

bakasetas for depth but should not be starting above laz.

NO PLAYER SHOULD BE PLAYING UNLESS THEY'VE GOT 30+ GAMES UNDER THEIR BELT PAST YEAR AKA TOROSIDIS, SAMARIS SHOULD NOT BE ON THE FIELD.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Georgelaz you make some great points and others not so great. I love your lineup except for Fetfa and Holebas. We know fully well that both those players will never be called up again while Skibbe is coach so there is no point penciling them as starters. I would go with a healthy Mantalos in his natural position at CAM and switch Retsos to LB and go Bakakis as RB.

How can you say that Kourbelis and Koulouris were flops? They both came on in the 73rd minute. A player needs like 15 minutes just to get into the flow of the game. Let's rate them after they've started and played a full 90 a few times.

I wouldn't say Toro is finished but he doesn't start at Bologna so definitely Bakakis should be the starter at RB right now.

Donis is not overhyped just gets brain cramps when he approaches goal he can sort that out. Runs his ass off for the team and this is what we need.

Everything else you said I agree with. Should have started Kourbelis in place of Samaris and give him a go for the full 90 as Samaris barely sees the field for Benefica.

• Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic