Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

bakakis huge for AEKs win against Oly for the greek cup today.

Looks like we finally have Torosidis Successor. Galanopoulos also looks grrreeeat in CM. Two positions we really need filled.

fortounis and tachtsidis are also linking up nicely for oly with fortounis cross + tachtsidis header for oly.

Edited by georgelaz

latest reports say that aside of karnezis, the other guys that will be called up for the nt friendlies will be 2 of paschalakis, tsintotas and gianniotis. can't believe how he's still ignoring vlachodimos, as well as those 2 kapino and anestis basically ruined their seasons after a good start.

8 hours ago, Boxou said:

latest reports say that aside of karnezis, the other guys that will be called up for the nt friendlies will be 2 of paschalakis, tsintotas and gianniotis. can't believe how he's still ignoring vlachodimos, as well as those 2 kapino and anestis basically ruined their seasons after a good start.

I am fan of Tsitontas. I believe he will be great one day. He's already showing good promise. Paschalakis should be given a shot straight away. He has been playing very well since the PAS Giannina days. Karnezis should not be called up we all know what he is capable of. This needs to be a team of new faces so we can try out who is good enough. 

Skibbe was in attendance today for Atromitos-PAOK. I can't speak for Atromitos' side, but he was clearly there to get a glimpse of Pashalakis (who have only given up two goals in our now 14-game winning streak), Pelkas, Koulouris (who had a goal and an assist) and maybe a bit of Limnios. This GK is on fire right now and absolutely deserves to be called up. It would be a criminal act if Pelkas didn't get included in the next lineup, as well. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Boxou said:

what happened to anesti?

On 2/2/2018 at 4:15 PM, georgelaz said:

Lazaro is half greek. Like Holebas. Not the same as Zeca who's not greek at all and Villafanez who's only 25% Greek.

Lazaros is half Greek? Is that stated anywhere official? 

• Like it 1

Skibbe should definitely give Mavropanos a call-up. If he can do it with Retsos at 19, a 20-year-old playing for Arsenal`s first team should be a no brainer. It`s important to adapt him into the NT culture even though it may be several years before he is a first choice CB for Greece. 

5 hours ago, Argy said:

Skibbe should definitely give Mavropanos a call-up. If he can do it with Retsos at 19, a 20-year-old playing for Arsenal`s first team should be a no brainer. It`s important to adapt him into the NT culture even though it may be several years before he is a first choice CB for Greece. 

the only problem is that he only trains with arsenal's first team. he is playing with their u-23 side. 

@georglaz he was supposed to be leaving aek on january but it didn't happen so he will stay non active until the end of the season. what a waste.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Argy said:

Half German?

re he's half black. lmfao. Angolan to be exact. But was born in Austria. Similar to Holebas. Half Greek / Uruguyan but born in Germany.

Apparently it's too late now but it sucks cuz he's pacey as F*** and a great crosser/dribbler.

signed him to my PAO team in fifa haha.

Edited by georgelaz

1 hour ago, AchillesHeel said:

He's playing very well as is Kyvrakides and Giannotis from Atromitos....they also have a couple of up and coming youngsters. Truth is that there are a few GSL players that warrant a look from the NT...beyond the usual suspects. Manias from Asteras is another who comes to mind.

I agree. Giannoulis is another player who has been playing well. He takes good set pieces. Risvanis has been playing well and is one of the reasons Atromitos have been doing well this season.

Lazaros Lamprou has been in good form as well. He is very good in one on one situations. He can finish when he has the chance. Hopefully Kourbelis has a good amount of minutes in the upcoming friendlies. 

Also there are not many abroad that deserve call ups. Donis and Karelis are the only ones who deserve call ups in my opinion. Hopefully Limnios and Galanopoulos get called up. 

4 minutes ago, Boxou said:

what's the point of having a refresh if we're about to call up 30 year old players really?

Yeah true. That's what I was thinking but he has got something and lately he has been performing consistently. Pelkas is another decent option. We should see him in the team now that Mantalos is injured.

2 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

It 's not an age factor...a NT has to know if in form players can fit into their plans regardless of age...you never know what can happen and have to be ready with options....especially if you wanna get rid of the TzioloTzavelloManiatides. Vaslakaki is 30 but never stops working, has the lungs to run all game long and has skill and a good footballing IQ. I'd definitely rather see him on the pitch atm than an anemic Forounis or uninvolved Samaris.

Absolutely. If he is picked hopefully he doesn't play like Lazaros does in the national team. 

Greek players as I mentioned before peak early 30s. When we won the euro our average age was quite up there age 29. 

Italy same thing with their world cup win

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/europameisterschaft-2004/durchschnittsalter/pokalwettbewerb/EM04

England is known for fielding youngester. SEe how that's working out for them? 

Experience is king in knockout round and short group stages where the margin for error is low. Composure is generally correlated with age imo.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Thanks 1

I do not get all the fuss about some players of Atromitos /Asteras and I think your memory is not decent at all lads.

Superleague is overall weakened. That is obvious from the European results.

Teams like Atromitos and Panionios have obviously stepped up their game but the League is weakened.

Honestly apart from Siopis, Pelkas , Paschalakis and Lamprou/Masouras I find noone else who should even be looked into from the GSL currently to become a regural pick of the NT.

Limnios and Douvikas too young for now. The rest are already fully developed and past their peak. Many promising CB but honestly why bother? Sokratis Manolas Retsos Mavropanos Kyriakos will all be above them in preference.

Friendlies line up that I would love:

Paschalakis

Bakakis Hatzidiakos Mavropanos Tsimikas
Siopis Galanopoulos

Masouras Pelkas  Lamprou

Mitroglou/Karelis

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic