Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

I have the feeling we will see the same old boring football in these friendlies instead of new talent, who have a brain and know how to attack. I hope Im wrong. If I see Tziolis and Maniatis again I'm seriously considering not watching the national team. 

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I have the feeling we will see the same old boring football in these friendlies instead of new talent, who have a brain and know how to attack. I hope Im wrong. If I see Tziolis and Maniatis again I'm seriously considering not watching the national team. 

I'm with you bro and I feel the same way... if I see  those guys I'm really going to be pissed and my anger alone might make me say screw it and stop watching as hard as that will be.

• Like it 2

i hope what this headless chicken said about replacing older players with some younger ones is true.

i don't get why we should be watching tziolis and maniatis instead of kourmpelis and charisis, i don't get why we should be watching tzavellas instead of koutris, mpakakis and lykogiannis, i don't get why vellios and diamantakos get called up. if i see any of the above still in the nt then we will officially be a laughing stock.

• Like it 1

Everyone should read this. 

http://m.sport24.gr/Files/oi-ypopshfioi-gia-thn-ananewmenh-ethnikh-elladas.4993709.html

Talks about how Skibbe wants to try new players and that he doesn't have to call up players like Manolas, Sokratis and Mitroglou because he relies on them and they don't have to play.

Also talks about various options Skibbe could choose in the next friendlies before the competitive games in September. 

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Bakakis should be next in line for Toro at RB position. I think Toro has one good campaign left in him though.

Bouchalakis should probably be involved if Samaris is still struggling to get game time.

• Like it 1

At the moment no, just because Mistakidis has only played like 40 minutes since coming back from his injury. In time, I'll probably prefer him again.

I should note that he's looked GREAT during those few minutes.

• Like it 1

By the way Ninis is having trouble with his club in Israel and is probably going to leave this transfer window. He will then not be able to play for another team in Europe until next season. He has strong ambitions to play in Europe and being in the national team again. I hope he play in the national team again because he has glimpses of greatness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/1/2018 at 1:44 PM, Dean97 said:

I guess you think Fetfatzidis is done as well when in reality he would put all our attackers on show. 

ninis was not even a regular in low table belgium sides previously. now he has been kicked out of his team's squad in israel, again in a below average team. but ofc as a country that aims to qualify for wcs and euros we should call up players like him and gianniotas who are not even difference makes in far worse leagues than the greek one. 

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

Laz Fortounis Donis

??? Zeca

For ??? depending on form = Kourbelis, Tachtsidis, Samaris

pelkas can compete for a spot as well i think. our depth should be like that at the moment. 

samaris/tachtsidis/kourmpelis/zeca/galanopoulos

pelkas/lazaros/fortounis/mantalos/donis

mitroglou/karelis

• Like it 2

Now it's time that we call up inform players and none of this closed club mentality. We need our best players possible. The Ethniki is one big family so all Greeks need to be taken in consideration. Dimitris Manos who plays in the Greek second division is in hot form for OFI and has scored 10 goals with 4 assists. He is clinical. We are very thin in the strikers position. Diamantakos and Vellios don't seem to cut it this season.

So let's just play out of form 2nd division bench warmers who can't play well even when given a chance by Skibbe. By the way I'm talking about Vellios and Diamantakos. Might as well give an inform player a chance. Inform players are Pelkas, Kourbelis, Manolas, Retsos, Paschalakis, Bakakis, Manos, Kyriakopoulos, Papadopoulos and Tsimikas. These players should be given the chance this time around. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic