Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Is the only point of this thread just to keep repeating the same tired argument? We know exactly why Fetfatzidis plays where he does. He's too lazy and undisciplined to cut it in a competitive league. There's a reason why every coach he had at Oly kept him on the bench...and why he flopped at Genoa (and Chievo).

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Well I'm eager to know who is at international level with our players. With your argument most of our players are not international level. I know for sure Tziolis shouldn't be playing. Surely Skibbe knows that Pelkas can play on the wing. I'm not sure why he never chose him during the campaign. What does he see in Vellios, Diamantakos and Tziolis? I believe Gianniotas is a good player. I say that because he was breath of fresh air to watch and see an actual winger do what a winger is suppose to do. The reason to why he doesn't play is based on luck. You can't say he is not good, but we are all entitled to our opinions as I am sure Gianniotas can offer us something from the bench. 

ok i will ask one final question. why does he play in an average second division spanish league team if he's a good player? we aint reaching the world cup with players like this one. 

Fetfatzidis went to Saudi Arabia solely because of the money!!!! tax free american dollars !!! I dont understand how people cant comprehend that..... the same reason why other stars go to the united states, asian countries and even the likes of Russia and Ukraine whom by the way were not even competitive 10 years back!!!! Fetfa has the skill and if Skibbe has half a brain he will give him a shot!!!. 

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Kama7 said:

Fetfatzidis went to Saudi Arabia solely because of the money!!!! tax free american dollars !!! I dont understand how people cant comprehend that..... the same reason why other stars go to the united states, asian countries and even the likes of Russia and Ukraine whom by the way were not even competitive 10 years back!!!! Fetfa has the skill and if Skibbe has half a brain he will give him a shot!!!. 

with the only difference that he went there in the age of 25 while the superstars go ot qatar, china or the us at the age of 35 or so.

I cant blame a footballer for following the money...... the kid has played great and delivered for his team irrespective of the league...based on that merit alone he deserves an inclusion to the greek squad  instead of playing out of form benchwarmers...... He is good enough for the national team no doubt ..... should there be that one doubt,  give him a shot to play in a friendly and then make a conclusion..... Holebas is captaining his team in the premiership and hes not even getting a chance which leads me to believe that the coach has his favorites or an ego.... enough with the favoritism ... these are professionals from coaches to players ...... in form and talented players are a must!

6 hours ago, Boxou said:

ok i will ask one final question. why does he play in an average second division spanish league team if he's a good player? we aint reaching the world cup with players like this one. 

Who knows. We won't get anywhere playing the likes of Mantalos, Stafylidis or Zeca on the wing. I said the reason why he doesn't play is because he is unlucky. There is also no reason to play Tziolis when you have more talented players like Samaris, Tachtsidis, Zeca, Kourbelis, Siopis and even Vasilakakis. Also why not give Fetfatzidis a shot. Maybe it is a bad example to the younger talent to try him because he is 26 and the league he plays in. I really don't know what you have against Gianniotas. To me if he comes on and does more than Mantalos, Stafylidis and Zeca in the space of 20 minutes to me that shows he has what it takes to be in this team. 

pretty sure fetfa is getting paid 10x more than he would in europe.

berg and witsel are both in their prime. Berg had one of his best seasons before he left.

he def has a lazy tinge but you can't really make pro football if you're lazy... though there def is different work rates. eg) zeca is an engine.

fetfa assisted against barca playing for al-falafel. class is class.

9 hours ago, pash said:

Is the only point of this thread just to keep repeating the same tired argument? We know exactly why Fetfatzidis plays where he does. He's too lazy and undisciplined to cut it in a competitive league. There's a reason why every coach he had at Oly kept him on the bench...and why he flopped at Genoa (and Chievo).

Which wingers and attacking midfielders are better than Fetfatzidis? How many wingers at a top level do we have? He has been doing well lately or I should say for a while. The lack of depth is crazy. We can't afford to be playing players who won't live up to the task of creating and scoring goals. 

Uh, just from the players that were called up in the last game, I'd say Lazaros, Fortounis, Pelkas, and Gianniotas are all better than him. Frankly, Stafylidis being played out of position as a winger is also more effective than Fetfatzidis.

fortounis and pelkas are not wingers. Laz in current form I agree. Gianniotas I don't agree. Fetfa at least played about 22 games a season for oly and enough to draw attention to go to italy. Gianniotas couldn't break into starting 11 at all.

Gianniotas was in good form at Apoel though.

12 hours ago, pash said:

Uh, just from the players that were called up in the last game, I'd say Lazaros, Fortounis, Pelkas, and Gianniotas are all better than him. Frankly, Stafylidis being played out of position as a winger is also more effective than Fetfatzidis.

Pelkas and Fortounis play behind the striker. Gianniotas is Fetfatzidis 2.0. Lazaros is good but didn't play well against Croatia. Fetfatzidis plays well when playing for Greece. Look at the game against Hungary. Stafylidis is not more effective than Fetfatzidis on the wing. Stafylidis is not as technical as him. 

Pelkas is every bit as effective on the wing as he is centrally. Fetfa offers nothing that we don't already have.

And if Gianniotas is Fetfatzidis 2.0, then why waste your time with the old version? Unless you're saying he's just as worthless, which means you agree with me?

• Like it 1

Fetfatzidis is a better version than Gianniotas. Similar playing styles but Fetfatzidis is more effective. I agree that Pelkas can be effective on the wing as I would put him now realistically to play on the wing instead of Mantalos. But Fetfatzidis is more creative and skillful than all those players mentioned.

Mitroglou

Fortounis Mantalos Donis

Samaris Zeca

Staf Sokratis Manolas Torosidis

Karnezis

might be solid too provided everyone is in form. Fortounis plays LW for olympikos sometimes. I think Fortounis LW Mantalos CAM is better than Fortounis CAM and Mantalos RW. In addition Donis can play RW as a natural position.

• Like it 1

I'd like to see Kone and Zeca in the midfield. Two fighters who won't stop at nothing. Add Pelkas, Fortounis and Donis to the mix and we have an attacking line up with players who are very good technically. 

Mitro/Kareli

Doni  Fortouni  Pelka

Kone    Zeca 

Stafy Mano Sokrati Toro/Bakaki

Karnezi

I think we need 2 cdm's against stronger competition and deep laying tachtsidis would be better and he's left footed.

Kone still has a lot to prove to be selected over Mantalos and Laz.

Laz I think would be better than Pelka on the wing and play Donis on RW.

totally forgot about Laz in my lineup

Mitroglou

Laz      Mantalos Donis

Samaris Zeca

Karnezis

Fortounis is pretty outta form so I might leave him out for now. Though he'll rise up again fo sho. Samaris need to get back into shape. Maybe downgrading to a less competitive team. 

Samaris, Fortounis being out of form during the campaign was a big loss for us.

Even though I'm a Pao fan, Pao is now a mid table Greek team so I'm not even sure if we should consider anyone from PAO now... eg) Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Villafanez. Though Mantalos was selected even when AEK was second division. Good eye too Ranieri.

Edited by georgelaz

Kone has played as a deep midfielder alongside Simoes and has done well there. Maybe it's time to try different players in the centre of midfield. Zeca would be the the starter alongside any one of Kone/Samaris/Tachtsidis/Kourbelis or Siopis. Also Kone is getting older now so he shouldnt be on the wing. He might be lucky that Johanson and Mantalos are injured. 

16 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I think we need 2 cdm's against stronger competition and deep laying tachtsidis would be better and he's left footed.

Kone still has a lot to prove to be selected over Mantalos and Laz.

Laz I think would be better than Pelka on the wing and play Donis on RW.

totally forgot about Laz in my lineup

Mitroglou

Laz      Mantalos Donis

Samaris Zeca

Karnezis

Fortounis is pretty outta form so I might leave him out for now. Though he'll rise up again fo sho. Samaris need to get back into shape. Maybe downgrading to a less competitive team. 

Samaris, Fortounis being out of form during the campaign was a big loss for us.

Even though I'm a Pao fan, Pao is now a mid table Greek team so I'm not even sure if we should consider anyone from PAO now... eg) Kourbelis, Kolovetsios, Villafanez. Though Mantalos was selected even when AEK was second division. Good eye too Ranieri.

kourmpelis is a good player and will make a move abroad sooner than later. he's valuable for our midfield as well as charisis but for some reason skibbe will keep playing maniatis and tziolis over them. 

• Like it 1

28 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

There was a Udinese scout at the Lamia Vs Panathinaikos game. Also why has Charisis been playing on the wing for his club? He is not that fast to play there. Central Midfield is his position. 

where did you find about the scouter?

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic