Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

7 hours ago, Limnos77 said:

Spanish second division is much better than Greek super league...yet no one has a problem with Pelkas being called

amazing argument. so you're telling me for example that olympiakos who manages ties with barca at home, arguably the best team on planet, would struggle against second division sides. or aek against milan and so on. sorry we don't believe you.

you and the rest of gianniotas' fans should realise that this little bust offers nothing at the first place but for some weird reason have been hyping him like tomorrow doesn't exist. you'll be delighted to learn that he's playing in his career, so far, he has played in germany's second division, asteras tripolis, apoel and spanish second divison.

while on the meantime nobody out of 4-5 olympiakos coaches have ever kept him in the squad. that's for people who are crying claiming he deserves to be in the roster. LOL. he can't make the starting 11 in some mid table spanish second division club, but hey, he has all the tools to be a starter in a national team that wants to be a world cup and euro's regulars, or in a club which participates in the champions league every year.

these are just some facts for his fanboys and people like you who are biased against our league. wanna hear something? greek league has plenty of serbian, swedish and even iranian internationals, 3 teams that are going to take part in the next world cup. while greece with its english/germany/spain second division bench warmers is not going to do so. 

and yes pelkas proves he deserves to be around. he's playing in a MUCH MUCH better team than gianniotas, is creative and the fact that besiktas and club brugge are after him says a lot. 

btw even limnios who is a regular in paok would do far better than this wanna be nt material. 10 months is an ok period for a player like him to blossom and i think he will do this sooner than later, kicking gianniotas out of the squad, where he should be, considering his career in club level.

How can Gianniotas off nothing? We all said what a difference he was when he came on. His enthusiasm and speed proved to be vital. Yes he plays in the second division. Big deal. As Limnos 77 said the Spanish second division is better than the Greek League. Only the 4 big teams in Greece are better than most of the teams in the Spanish second division. Tripolis, Xanthi, Levadiakos and even Atromitos would struggle against these Spanish teams. Same can be said for France, Germany and English second divisions. We should just be choosing players who play week in and week out who are inform. Gianniotas gets picked because of his age and experience. Unlike Limnios, Manthatis and so on. But there is no excuse to not play Pelkas from the beginning. 

Also Skibbe is more focused on integrating Karelis back in the team which is good because he is talented but he should be focusing on our midfielders and wingers. He needs to find the right combination. If the wingers or midfielders are not supplying Karelis or Mitroglou then what's the point of having a striker. We need players who can create and work with the strikers. Fortounis hasn't been doing this enough. I can't wait to see Karelis, Donis and Kourbelis on the same field together. Add Pelkas and Zeca and you have a hard working attacking team. 

I don't think Karelis is a starter unless he replaces Mitro. There is more chance of Karagounis coming back. As a winger, Karelis would spear them left, right but not centre. like Korth Korean test missiles. Donis is the future on that LW side, unless he takes over as CF or as our AM.

Wonder why Mantalos is never in as a CM? That is hard to work out, rather than on the RW?

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

Look, only the fact that he plays for a mediocre Spanish second division side says everything you need to know about his quality. Although it has to be said that he basically doesn't even get playing.

He can't be in the squad for a team that aims to qualify for major tournament, whether people like it or not.

with Laz and Donis on the wings we'll be okay. We need a decent third in case one of them is out.

Think we'll see something like this...

Mitroglou/Karelis

Laz            Fourtounis/Mantalos   Donis

Tachtsi/Samaris Zeca

Staf     Sokratis             Manolas        Toro/Bakakis

Karnezis/Anestis

possibly Kone second striker. 3ATB with Kpaps would be nice and possible with Bakakis coming up. Staf and Bakakis are engines.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

I'd love to see Kone back in the team too. Does anyone think Koulouris will shine soon? He looks like a striker we've been hoping for all these years. He is better than Giakoumakis and Diamantakos. He is also an essential part of the u20s national side. 

koulouris has a way to go before he enters the conversation for the ethniki. Should be more excited about the fact that Kareli scored his first goal today for Genk since his return from injury. He has been playing regularly over the last month and now that he's scored hopefully gets on a roll. 

Mitro and Karelis are far better then anything else we have at centre forward. I'd be surprised if Koulouris is starting for PAOK by the end of January

• Like it 1

Yeah Karelis scored which Is good. Very unfortunate that Donis is injured for 3 weeks, he needs to start scoring to build more confidence. We need some friendlies to organise a few positions such as the wingers, right back, central midfield and striker postion. Torosidis is getting old and hasn't got the pace he used to have. This needs to be taken to account. Karnezis is inconsistent and needs to be tested. Players like Kourbelis, Siopis and Pelkas need to be given chances to see what they got. Karelis needs to slowly make his way back to the team. 

still think fetfa should be in the picture. axel wixel starts for BELGIUM playing club in China and Berg for SWEDEN (that qualified over italy. ) playing club football in arabia

imagine fetfa and donis on the wings. ladies and gentlemen we'd have a midfield. 

at least we have laz but we don't have the depth in winger position to be picky about fetfa.

laz,donis, fetfa, gianniotas should be our main wingers

pelkas and villafanez I think could also do a good job on the wing.

chatzigiovannis up and coming possible winger.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

yeah lol. gianniotas who is a bench warmer in spain's second division and fetfatzidis who has been playing in saudi arabia. your argument is invalid because witsel and berg play there because they're getting a huge salary while fetfatzidis has been playing there because of his inability to crack into a good team and his lazyness to play competitive football. 

• Like it 1

I really doubt that Fetfatzidis can't crack a team in say Belgium. The problem is no one really knows why he plays there. Sure the money would be good. But it's not like he wasn't earning enough playing for Olympiakos. Maybe it's the laziness. Hopefully that is not the case. Gianniotas atleast is playing in Europe. We really haven't got depth apart from centre back. Something needs to change and it needs to change quick. This is what I believe has done damage to us by not making the World Cup. 

• Like it 1

Well I'm eager to know who is at international level with our players. With your argument most of our players are not international level. I know for sure Tziolis shouldn't be playing. Surely Skibbe knows that Pelkas can play on the wing. I'm not sure why he never chose him during the campaign. What does he see in Vellios, Diamantakos and Tziolis? I believe Gianniotas is a good player. I say that because he was breath of fresh air to watch and see an actual winger do what a winger is suppose to do. The reason to why he doesn't play is based on luck. You can't say he is not good, but we are all entitled to our opinions as I am sure Gianniotas can offer us something from the bench. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic