Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

only thing i with this article don't agree is blaiming karnezis, samaris, stafylidis and fortounis. the rest are on point and it's also the reason why fortounis can't perform well he has no support if skibbe asks from the wingers to sit back and defend. where to give the ball? same for samaris. also karnezis aside of what everyone is thinking is a very good keeper. let me remind you his save in the bosnia game on the road in the last few minutes. but that's ok let's kill him for one mistake. 

spot on critisicm on some picks -vellios, diamantakos, tziolis, tzavellas, maniatis. 

anyway im reading that epo offered skibbe a new contract with 30% money than his current one. he didn't like it at first but has not replied yet. can't believe the federation are doing this. i repeat, if we fail to qualify and these players keep getting called up while playing ΠΡΩΤΟΓΟΝΟ ΠΟΔΟΣΦΑΙΡΟ it will not be up to skibbe anymore but to those who decided for him to stay -EPO AND THE PLAYERS....and this time, ethniki mykonou will apply to everyone, be it manolas or tziolis...

19 hours ago, J1078 said:

Somebody else had posted this and it seems like the U.S is trying to hold a parallel World cup this summer for all the top teams that didn't make it and that would also include Greece.

http://www.sport24.gr/football/mundial/oi-hpa-theloyn-na-diorganwsoyn-parallhlo-moyntial.4940649.html

We're probably miss out on qualifying for that too!

You can't blame a couple of players when you lose 4-1.

Yes Karnezis failed. But Tzavellas back pass was bad too.

Yes Stafylidis failed , but Sokratis should be the one on that player there.

Yes Maniatis was ruined from Perisic, but 2nd goal Kyriakos was nonexistent.

3rd goal Maniatis as well

When half your team made mistakes that lead to goals it's not the players. Team had alread shat themselves before the match even starting. Balkan home stadiums packed are really something evne the big national teams fear.

Tziolis Maniatis honestly seem like they should retire and Diamantakos and Vellios should be away from the NT until they prove to be good players. Those along some meme call ups like Kolovetsios?Koutroubis? should be done iwth the NT.

The triplet Karnezis, Kapino , Anestis are good goalkeepers.

All the defenders were fine, apart from maybe Tzavellas or Lykogiannis who should give their place to a Right back maybe Bakakis. Whats the point of 3 LBs and 1 RB only.

Tziolis Maniatis should be gone for Siopis and maybe Galanopoulos. Kourbelis for starter.

Lazaros (being old currently) and Diamantakos Vellios could easily be excluded for : Karelis , Donis , Limnios and Lamprou.

A tournament in June with a lot of friendlies could actually help to bring some players in the team and stick them for the upcomming qualies. Siopis is already 23 and Lazaros Lamprou will be 20 soon, no point to keep him in the youth NTs forever.

As for the latter one for people crying for Lazaros Christodoulopoulos , their stats are not that different

Lazaros Christodoulo: 18 matches : 8 goals 2 assists 1.010 minutes of playtime. 3 goals and 2 assists are in a cup game against one of the worst B League teams.

Lazaros Lamprou : 16 matches : 4 goals , 3 assists , 1.090 minutes of playtime

If you add up also to the fact that Panionis is a team with a budget maybe 1/10th of Aek it makes you wanna hope for this lad. Maybe it's the name Lazaros.

50 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

You can't blame a couple of players when you lose 4-1.

Yes Karnezis failed. But Tzavellas back pass was bad too.

Yes Stafylidis failed , but Sokratis should be the one on that player there.

Yes Maniatis was ruined from Perisic, but 2nd goal Kyriakos was nonexistent.

3rd goal Maniatis as well

When half your team made mistakes that lead to goals it's not the players. Team had alread shat themselves before the match even starting. Balkan home stadiums packed are really something evne the big national teams fear.

Tziolis Maniatis honestly seem like they should retire and Diamantakos and Vellios should be away from the NT until they prove to be good players. Those along some meme call ups like Kolovetsios?Koutroubis? should be done iwth the NT.

The triplet Karnezis, Kapino , Anestis are good goalkeepers.

All the defenders were fine, apart from maybe Tzavellas or Lykogiannis who should give their place to a Right back maybe Bakakis. Whats the point of 3 LBs and 1 RB only.

Tziolis Maniatis should be gone for Siopis and maybe Galanopoulos. Kourbelis for starter.

Lazaros (being old currently) and Diamantakos Vellios could easily be excluded for : Karelis , Donis , Limnios and Lamprou.

A tournament in June with a lot of friendlies could actually help to bring some players in the team and stick them for the upcomming qualies. Siopis is already 23 and Lazaros Lamprou will be 20 soon, no point to keep him in the youth NTs forever.

As for the latter one for people crying for Lazaros Christodoulopoulos , their stats are not that different

Lazaros Christodoulo: 18 matches : 8 goals 2 assists 1.010 minutes of playtime. 3 goals and 2 assists are in a cup game against one of the worst B League teams.

Lazaros Lamprou : 16 matches : 4 goals , 3 assists , 1.090 minutes of playtime

If you add up also to the fact that Panionis is a team with a budget maybe 1/10th of Aek it makes you wanna hope for this lad. Maybe it's the name Lazaros.

You're right you can't blame the players, those players you mentioned are s%$#! and don't belong on the NT you can't blame them as they suck so you need to blame the coach instead for playing them. Also you can't blame the players when the coach picks a system that he's never used before in the most important game that's on the coach. You can blame the players for not scoring in the 2nd match against Croatia because the coach played more defensive so you blame the coach. The moral of this story is BLAME THE COACH he needs to leave bottom line and if he stays we will be dealing with the same s%$#! next campaign.. Everyone keeps saying he rescude our team from where we were. I say BULL s%$#! this team wasn't as bad as there record showed in last campaign and they were bound to rebound. We need a coach that still likes to play defence but is creative when it comes to offence.. with the backs that we do have we should be able to take some chances offensively instead of having old players and the most laughable midfield all playing behind half field ffs.

17 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You're right you can't blame the players, those players you mentioned are s%$#! and don't belong on the NT you can't blame them as they suck so you need to blame the coach instead for playing them. Also you can't blame the players when the coach picks a system that he's never used before in the most important game that's on the coach. You can blame the players for not scoring in the 2nd match against Croatia because the coach played more defensive so you blame the coach. The moral of this story is BLAME THE COACH he needs to leave bottom line and if he stays we will be dealing with the same s%$#! next campaign.. Everyone keeps saying he rescude our team from where we were. I say BULL s%$#! this team wasn't as bad as there record showed in last campaign and they were bound to rebound. We need a coach that still likes to play defence but is creative when it comes to offence.. with the backs that we do have we should be able to take some chances offensively instead of having old players and the most laughable midfield all playing behind half field ffs.

The players are shitte?

Tzavellas played excellently vs Belgium and vs the Bosnians twice.

Karnezis has been splendid whole campaign.

Kyriakos is being praised as our 3rd best option and he wasn't there at the 1-2.

Pick your words wisely if everyone is shitte then why are we on this forums saying we could be in the WC?

The players are fine and the coach did fine overal in teh campaign.

A few additions are needed to do the extra step. Some proper wingers and 2 completely new holding midfields are the only thing we are missing. 

Based on your logic Olympiakos losing to atromitos means he shouldn't be in champions League

Barcelona drawing to Oly shouldnt be called favorite to win anything.

Milan drawing to Aek means Serie A is nothing better than Greek SL.

All these assumptions were made just based on 1 match.

Thing is , if Croatia and Greece played together 100 times,  the rest 99 I doubt they would end with us losing with a score similar to 4-1.

Badmatches happen. The whole world has been having bad matches against us and we ve been cocky about it as Greek NT fans saying " u didnt deserve to surpass us".

Look at Russia - Greece 0-1 in 2012.

Maybe even at Greece - Slovakia in the 2014 qualifiers, and the Slovakia - Greece one.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

@Rockafeller Skank

The players I'm referring to that are s%$#! are Tziolis, Maniatis, and I was saying it's not there fault because they are just not good enough. I was not referring to The rest of the players. I think you missed my point.. I'm saying I think we could have been even better then we showed this campaign if we had a coach that would use these players. Even Karnezis is not in form by the way, I like Staf but he's not inform either so you can't excpected him to do to much.. We were not going to go very far with Skibbes selection and anyone that can't see this needs to check there eyes or are clueless about the game of Soccer. We had much better and younger options then Tziolis, Manuatis, bak, even Tzavellas he's not that good dude and it should have been Holebas spot but again all of this falls on the coaches head.  Yes I agree with you even we played Croatia that many times the results would be different. He chose a line formation that he's never used ffs in the most important game... Even he commentators were surprised.. 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

11 minutes ago, J1078 said:

@Rockafeller Skank

The players I'm referring to that are s%$#! are Tziolis, Maniatis, and I was saying it's not there fault because they are just not good enough. I was not referring to The rest of the players. I think you missed my point.. I'm saying I think we could have been even better then we showed this campaign if we had a coach that would use these players. Even Karnezis is not in form by the way, I like Staf but he's not inform either so you can't excpected him to do to much.. We were not going to go very far with Skibbes selection and anyone that can't see this needs to check there eyes or are clueless about the game of Soccer. We had much better and younger options then Tziolis, Manuatis, bak, even Tzavellas he's not that good dude and it should have been Holebas spot but again all of this falls on the coaches head.  Yes I agree with you even we played Croatia that many times the results would be different. He chose a line formation that he's never used ffs in the most important game... Even he commentators were surprised.. 

I watched the 1st leg again the commentators were shocked at how unorganized and stretched we were at the back. They questioned our formation and kept saying that Maniatis looked totally lost he did not know whether to cover Perisic more in the middle or track Strinic down the wings. Complete disorganization in a playoff match to go to the World Cup its unacceptable, I know Manolas would have settled things down but what was Skibbe doing? The Tzavellas pass back was absurd,why not boot it up the pitch and Karnezis trying to control it like he's a centre mid? Our world cup hopes went down the drain in those first 30 minutes just appauling....

• Like it 1

Ι agre that Skibbe takes a blame in this. But he should also take credit for taking a team that did one win in 10 games vs much easier opponents to making one that only lost 1 official.

I also agree that we have much better midfielders but something tells me we have players who are not selected by Skibbe.

As I said. Future looks promising.

All top teams (have to include Panionios since its their 3rd year doing splendid) Pao , Aek , Panionios , Paok , Oly have a few players that are really worthy attention. 

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

I agree also. I just watched the replay of the 2004 euro. The thing that came to mind was that they ALL fought for each other and they were all working very hard. They were running and running, they all had a strong work ethic and very passionate. 

I look at players we have now, and they do not have no where near as much work ethic as they did. The only players currently who do have a strong work ethic is Zeca, Sokratis, Manolas, Kyriakos and Stafylidis. They are all defenders. We can add Kourbelis, Siopis, Galanopoulos, Gianniotas and Donis to that list. 

We need players that don't stop running. Tziolis, Tzavellas, Tachtsidis, Fortounis and Mitroglou are players that don't run enough. Maniatis runs but is starting to decline just like Torosidis. 

15 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Ι agre that Skibbe takes a blame in this. But he should also take credit for taking a team that did one win in 10 games vs much easier opponents to making one that only lost 1 official.

I also agree that we have much better midfielders but something tells me we have players who are not selected by Skibbe.

As I said. Future looks promising.

All top teams (have to include Panionios since its their 3rd year doing splendid) Pao , Aek , Panionios , Paok , Oly have a few players that are really worthy attention. 

skibbe will no more take the blame. he proved he's clueless at times but now that the players deicded to keep him all the blame goes to them if we fail to qualify or regarding the call ups. we'll be here to complain why maniatis, tziolis, tzavellas, vellios*, diamantakos, koutroubis, gianniotas*, kolovetsios keep getting called up instead of mpakakis, siovas, karelis, maybe pelkas etc. the fact that the campaign has came to an end is a great chance to press the restart button. no more of them, start integrate some u-21 players in the squad. i also hope since it was them who failed in the croatia game and basically put skibbe's position in danger, they shouldn't be called up anymore. but on the other hand i know this is not happening because it was also them who voted for skibbe to stay..

regarding vellios and gianniotas. if they come back to olympiakos by the end of the season and prove to be important players then im in for them. but as far as the one can't make nottingham's 18-man squad and the latter is a bench warmer in a mid-table club in spain's second division they shouldn't even be around.

my suggested 23-man squad, using a 3-4-1-2 formation that in my opinion suits us perfectly but i don't know why we don't utilize more often..

karnezis-kapino-anestis

lykogiannis-torosidis

sokratis-papadopoulos

manolas-oikonomou

retsos-mpakakis

stafylidis-koutris

samaris-tachtsidis

zeca-kourmpelis

fortounis-mantalos

donis-lazaros

mitroglou-karelis

• Like it 1

The thing is we have failed to make two tournaments. Our defence has proven to be very solid. Mitroglou is in form. Our problem are our midfielders and wingers. We are not creating chances from both positions. We need change here. Tziolis, Maniatis, Tachtsidis and Samaris have proven nothing and we have not qualified for 2 tournaments. The wingers we play are either out of position or have been told to defend. Gianniotas has proven to be a difference maker in this team. Donis is the real deal. Pelkas and Lazaros are options. We can't be playing Mantalos, Zeca and Stafylidis there anymore. Them 3 need to play their natural positions. 

The Epo is voting on Monday and it's set to become official that Skibbe will stay on with the team. The main reason is because the players spoke up on how they want him to stay. This is the dumbest move the EPO can do. Skibbe will be loyal to the payers like Tziolis, Maniatis, Tzavells. he might make a small changes but he will continue to use thee guys and he will not look at the under 21 team or Fetfa and now there will be no chance Holebas comes back. You will continue to see bak, vellios, Diam, and all be called up. This will be a huge mistake and it will probably cost us another tournament.. This guy has no offensive creativity at all so he ignores the players that posses skill and just looks for players who can clear the f...g ball from danger. This will be very frustrating and painful to watch with this guy leading the team..

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Boxou said:

my suggested 23-man squad, using a 3-4-1-2 formation that in my opinion suits us perfectly but i don't know why we don't utilize more often..

karnezis-kapino-anestis

lykogiannis-torosidis

sokratis-papadopoulos

manolas-oikonomou

retsos-mpakakis

stafylidis-koutris

samaris-tachtsidis

zeca-kourmpelis

fortounis-mantalos

donis-lazaros

mitroglou-karelis

I like it but with Skibbe as our coach I dot see it happening...

8 hours ago, Boxou said:

gianniotas difference maker? judging by a 10 minute performace against an unispiring croatia which had locked the qualification from the first game? 

Yes we can all see the difference with Gianniotas on the wing. The way he gets past defenders with his skill and speed. Mantalos or Stafylidis can not do it like him. He is a natural winger. He does good to the team when he plays. 

• Like it 2

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1928906467430619&id=1598480473806555

If this happens then we can start fresh. The likes of Tziolis and Tzavellas can leave with the likes of Kourbelis, Koutris, Siopis and Pelkas get more chances. Aswell as Gianniotis who has been in good form. 

Some u21s can have chances like Androutsos and Lamprou. Meanwhile players who are a bit older can perform like Lykogiannis. 

Fetfatzidis and Holebas should be in the team but we all know that won't happen with Skibbe in charge. 

We should call up players like Bakakis and Kivrakidis who have are in form and playing often. We can also see if they can replace Torosidis later on. 

• Like it 2

Who else is creative? We only have 2 attacking midfielders and we lack wingers. Why can Tziolis get called? Surely because we lack midfielders. I know it's hard to get over this player because it's frustrating that he doesn't get picked, but we all know he should be in the team. We really haven't got much depth. The only depth we have are centre backs and maybe keepers but that's it. 

no we don't lack midfielders. samaris, kourmpelis, zeca, tachtsidis are all better than him. however there's a thing going on on the locker room that is called κλίκα. that thing includes tzavellas, tziolis, maniatis as well as some paul koutsoliakos agents like diamantakos or guys that don't even play in their teams like vellios and gianniotas. 

i mean it became even more obvious when they players!! that don't deserve to get called up, asked from epo to keep skibbe. and then you wonder what's going on.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic