Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

friendlies? are we ever going to play any friendlies, mr skibbe? these games where you got to test some players that undeservedly are out of the team instead of some scrubs..another factor in which skibbe has made several mistakes..how do you expect us to improve as a team when we play no friendlies to test other alternatives or formations...

skibbe has to go. they say he will stay because vrizas and the players want him to do so. (i explained above why they do want him). if there's a chance he is not staying is because he was not selected by the current group of people that runs epo. new presidency usually select their own coach, it's been happening forever with us. 

im calling it as far as we our absentees are better than those who are in the team we are not achieving anything. he's been awful at selecting players and preparing the team throughout the game. ok take that. you people want fortounis to perform and always bash him when he doesn't. truth is he's not the same players as 1,5 year ago. BUT. him and mitroglou are completely disconnected from the rest of the team. "wingers" are asked to defend more than attack (mantalos!, stafylidis!!, zeca!!!) and secondly how can you expect to have some creativity in your game with tziolis over there? is skibbe blind and doesn't understand it?

go to rewatch all of our games again and tell me with which one you got pleased by our football. against gibraltar both games were ugly by us. against cyprus 2 out of 4 goals against them came off dreadful individual mistakes. against estonia, from set pieces. what's the common thing over there? the fact that we have only a few goals comming by the run of play. and that's up to skibbe. people were complaining that we don't score in the past as well but in fact we were dominating the midfield looking for the best options. nowdays we surrender the midfield with tziolis' choice and our attacking third is able to get hold by some maltese defense the way it's set up. games against croatia are evident. when fortounis has the ball the his only choice is mitroglou. them 2 against 6 or 7 croats.and then you're asking from fortounis to do wonders. 

another fact is you're pissed with mantalos because he doesn't perform. well there's a fact. HE IS NOT A WINGER. i don't know what kind of dream skibbe saw and thinks it's a good choice to play him there. 

in other words;

ΠΑΙΖΟΥΜΕ ΠΡΩΤΟΓΟΝΟ ΠΟΔΟΣΦΑΙΡΟ. 

on the other side skibbe is doing a good job at having meetings with the club's coaches and travelling around greece to watch players. that's the only positive i can see along with putting respect to our name again but i think that's up to the players too, they simply didn't want to ridicule the team and themselves anymore. i'd agree 100% to stay had we played good football and he'd call up the CORRECT corp of players. then you couldn't blame him. but since he doesn't im all in for him not to stay.

Edited by Boxou

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/3269935/us-soccer-exploring-pre-world-cup-matches-with-netherlands-italy?sf170007682=1

LEIRIA, Portugal -- The U.S. Soccer Federation and Soccer United Marketing are looking into the possibility of hosting pre-World Cup matches involving the United States, Italy, Netherlands, Ghana and Chile, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.

Sources indicated that talks are in the exploratory stage, so it is unclear at the moment if an actual tournament will be held involving the above-mentioned teams or just a series of friendlies.

Each of the teams mentioned failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Italy's failure to get past Sweden in a two-legged playoff saw them miss out on the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

57 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/3269935/us-soccer-exploring-pre-world-cup-matches-with-netherlands-italy?sf170007682=1

LEIRIA, Portugal -- The U.S. Soccer Federation and Soccer United Marketing are looking into the possibility of hosting pre-World Cup matches involving the United States, Italy, Netherlands, Ghana and Chile, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.

Sources indicated that talks are in the exploratory stage, so it is unclear at the moment if an actual tournament will be held involving the above-mentioned teams or just a series of friendlies.

Each of the teams mentioned failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Italy's failure to get past Sweden in a two-legged playoff saw them miss out on the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

No greece I guess..

48 minutes ago, MelbourneGreek said:

i would hope greece could be part of this. if we could face quality competition in italy, netherlands and chile, we as fans can understand how far we are really off the WC level

Until we have logical player selections, line ups and formations, we aren't going to have a clear idea of our teams potential. 

Alefantos rates the players of the NT and i literally am 100% with him

Mostly agree with both the criticism on Skibbe and the players.

The "Taxi is tebelis" and "Tzioli just stop responding to the call-ups" literally were on my mind.

Skibbe critiscism is strange in my opinion because we simply weren't going for the 3-0. It was obvious we had settled with a decent result against them at our home and not qualifying. I don't think it was only a matter of Skibbe but hte player mentality possibly wasn't on par with a 3-0 result.

I sure hope things change with the new campaign. I just hope the draw does not f*ck us up this time.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

6 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You guys need to read this as this article sums it up perfectly. This why Skibbe needs to get the F..k out he is not a competent coach at all.

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/changes-needed-for-euro-2020

Completely agree with all the points raised here. 

We need to move on from the old, slow style of play in which we have played for the last decade. Players like Tzolis, Maniatis, Tzavellas need to go immediately. We must start playing quick, exciting football then absorbing the pressure for 90' and playing for a draw. no good side plays well when they play for draws.

We need change immediately.

• Like it 1

I agree alefantos in that video said why doesn't Kourbelis play in Tziolis spot. So.ethi g we have all been saying. Most of the stuff he says makes sense. I didn't realise he put Torosidis as striker in the last 10 minutes. 

Holebas should have not retired. Tziolis and Tzavellas should be the ones retiring. 

It's time to give Fetfatzidis a call up. He is our best technical player we have got. Also Ninis. Also this team can do with a lot of technical and fast players. Players that come to mind are:

Fetfatzidis, Ninis, Holebas, Kourbelis, Siopis, Gianniotas, Pelkas, Zeca, Donis, Stafylidis. If we have these players playing in the team, we will see a big difference. Most them are hardworking and talented with the ball. 

Bakasetas and Diamantakos have horrible first touches along with Tziolis, Tzavellas and Maniatis. They all need to be out. 

Fortounis and Mantalos are our best attacking midfielders currently but even they have trouble with their first touch sometimes. 

I believe if we had Manolas and Donis playing in the first game it would have not been 4-1. More like 2-2.

• Like it 1

46 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I agree alefantos in that video said why doesn't Kourbelis play in Tziolis spot. So.ethi g we have all been saying. Most of the stuff he says makes sense. I didn't realise he put Torosidis as striker in the last 10 minutes. 

Holebas should have not retired. Tziolis and Tzavellas should be the ones retiring. 

It's time to give Fetfatzidis a call up. He is our best technical player we have got. Also Ninis. Also this team can do with a lot of technical and fast players. Players that come to mind are:

Fetfatzidis, Ninis, Holebas, Kourbelis, Siopis, Gianniotas, Pelkas, Zeca, Donis, Stafylidis. If we have these players playing in the team, we will see a big difference. Most them are hardworking and talented with the ball. 

Bakasetas and Diamantakos have horrible first touches along with Tziolis, Tzavellas and Maniatis. They all need to be out. 

Fortounis and Mantalos are our best attacking midfielders currently but even they have trouble with their first touch sometimes. 

I believe if we had Manolas and Donis playing in the first game it would have not been 4-1. More like 2-2.

I completely agree but as long as Skibbe stays this will never happen.. We need to pray that the EPO gets rid of him.. if he stays we will never see the likes of the players you mentioned above and that's exactly what who need.. 

• Like it 1

37 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I completely agree but as long as Skibbe stays this will never happen.. We need to pray that the EPO gets rid of him.. if he stays we will never see the likes of the players you mentioned above and that's exactly what who need.. 

He is sabotaging our chances to become a decent competitive team. Thankfully our defence keeps us competitive. If we defended the the way we attack we wouldnt even be in the playoffs. We would be dead last with 1 or 2 goals. Our attack needs a massive shake up. We need two central midfielders that are continously running/moving. We need our wingers or wingbacks to have more freedom position wise in attack. Skibbe has said he will change things. I'd like to see him keep his word.

8 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I do believe when failure happens changes do as well.

If no change at all happen and Skibbe tries again with Maniatis , Vellios , Diamantakos and Tziolis then I ll be sure to say im against him.

If changes in the active roster and starting 11 DO happen I believe the team will roll very good under him.

Kourbelis is considered to be joining Werder in January and Blachodimos maybe going to benfica. I think these might be the first 2 players to change.

43 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

I do believe when failure happens changes do as well.

If no change at all happen and Skibbe tries again with Maniatis , Vellios , Diamantakos and Tziolis then I ll be sure to say im against him.

If changes in the active roster and starting 11 DO happen I believe the team will roll very good under him.

Kourbelis is considered to be joining Werder in January and Blachodimos maybe going to benfica. I think these might be the first 2 players to change.

I am actually not sure if Kourbelis will do that much of a better job than the like of Samaris, Tachtsidis and Tziolis. I want new blood in this team especially in the midfield. I do believe though Siopis is a good midfielder. Fast, aggressive, hardworking and has stamina. He is like a pit bull. The only problem is his height.

You wouldn't put Kourbelis in Samaris position. You would put him in Tziolis one

The fact that he is tall as well and much more mobile than Tziolis himself could either do nothing more or completely change the team's ability in transition. An extra player who can help both offence and diffence.

Problem is that all of our upcomming players in 6 and 8 positions are defensively orientated.

Kourbelis , Galanopoulos,  Siopis don't really create from behind like Katsouranis was. Katsou could see a movement before his teammates even considered doing it.  But I do believe however that more mobile players will at least upgrade the transition which in my jumble opinion really is Greek NT's main problem since Katsouranis /Karagounis.

We didn't concede much this campaign. Defence is fine.

Mitroglou is there whenever he has the proper service and Mantalos Fortounis Donis are the most creative/skilled players we ve probably had since 2004.

To summarize In the upcomming friendlies Id like to see either a completely new line up from 0. No players we know their level and know they are worthy of wearing the jersey , or a proper line up in the defence , in Offence and changes wherever needed. 

Considering our "wing" players will be Mantalos Donis and Fortounis Mitroglou will be our main offence. And considering our most worthy defence is Toro - Manolas - Sokratis - Stafylidis with an imminent need of Toro replacement because of a) his getting old b) him being injury prone lately due to age Id like to see a line up with a completely different midfield GK and RB

Vlachodimos/Anestis/Kapinos

Bakakis - Manolas - Sokratis/Retsos - Stafylidis

Galanopoulos/Siopis - Kourbelis

Mantalos - Fortounis - Donis

Mitroglou

If we see a completely different line up from our starters It could go like this

Vlachodimos/Anestis/Kapinos

Bakakis - Retsos - Siovas/Kyriakos - Katranis 

Galanopoulos - Siopis - Kourbelis 

Lamprou - Karelis/Donis - Limnios

Maybe try the 4-3-3 because Ive said this 100 times in this specific thread.

If you hurt in a position (example the whole damn midfield) you can add an extra player. Fortounis can play Left wing as well anyways and despite not having the pace he sure as hell has a killer cross and can see defence holes.

In general I expect a lot of transfers this season from Greek players.

Atromitos being undefeated and only conceding 3 goals is gonna get people interested in their key players. Panionios having a 3rd hell of a season in a row is definately gonna make people interested in them as well.

If half the : Kourbelis , Glalanopoulos , Siopis , Risvanis , Gianniotis , Lamprou , Limnios , Charisis , Lykogiannis get the attention they should , I don't see why the team doesn't upgrade as a whole.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

8 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I am actually not sure if Kourbelis will do that much of a better job than the like of Samaris, Tachtsidis and Tziolis. I want new blood in this team especially in the midfield. I do believe though Siopis is a good midfielder. Fast, aggressive, hardworking and has stamina. He is like a pit bull. The only problem is his height.

I am almost certain that Kourbelis will do better that Tsiolis and, given the way Samaris is playing, he will play better than him also. IMO, Tsiolis has been doing the job he is asked, but Kourbelis can do it a little better.

He has been playing for PAO, for almost a year; last year he and Zeka composed the best def-midfield duo in the super-league. Watch all the debris in the second half; they were the best (except the 4-O in toubma where Zeka did not play). Playing along Zeka helps but is he is strong, faster than both Tsiolis and Samaris, can also play  CB. Furthermore, he can pass a little (if you pay attention you will see it).

I like Siopis (but have not seen him much), In this post I am comparing Kourbelis to Tsiolis/Samaris and not Siopis; Actually, a midfield of Kourbelis, Siopis, Zeka and Stafilidis is the best defensive midfield that we have (however, Stafilidis play like s%$#! in Croatia); all of them are aggressive, can mark and run.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic