Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

and yes donis is out, as it was confirmed this morning..

personally with the current available players 3-5-1-1 is a non brainer for me..we utilize our strongest weapon by having 3 cbs altogether, as well as zeca+samaris+kourmpelis to hold the midfield..getting rid of tziolis, tzavellas, gianniotas and mpakasetas..

• Like it 1

I don't really care about Mantalos. He was mostly invisible for Greece in an attacking midfield role. We can offer better. Donis, however, is a disheartening loss. 

Edited by Argy

57 minutes ago, Boxou said:

and yes donis is out, as it was confirmed this morning..

personally with the current available players 3-5-1-1 is a non brainer for me..we utilize our strongest weapon by having 3 cbs altogether, as well as zeca+samaris+kourmpelis to hold the midfield..getting rid of tziolis, tzavellas, gianniotas and mpakasetas..

Confirmed from whom?

Mandalos is expendable, plays well for AEK but with the NT he seems lost at times and misses sure goals. Donis being out would be a huge blow he would give the Croatian defenders problems with his pace and dribbling. We need that element in this tie. 

7 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Papara Pirated Pirates

4 2  3 1

Dean 97 (c)

Giourkas                          Pash (vc)                            Omonia9

Original 21                         kbxk 508

Greek Lunatic               AEK 86                      Reaper                       Tzatziki

Jason

Glad to know that I'm the playmaker of your heart.

• Like it 1

You dudes are really asking for it.
What does Greece havE? Good defence.
How we gonna line up?

Karnezis

Torosidis - Siovas - Manolas - Sokratis - Retsos - Papadopoulos - Tzavellas - Stafylidis

Fortounis

Mitroglou

Either you like it or not , 8 - 1 - 1 is what peak performance looks like in modern football.

Educate yourselfs.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 3
  • Haha 1

i already called a 3-5-1-1 formation as the best with can field with the available material we'll have against croatia but what do you think about this one as our potential line-up going on to nations league and euros 2020? i find it pretty overkill

3-4-1-2                                                                                  

karnezis

Sokratis Papadopoulos Manolas

Lykogiannis Samaris Kourmpelis Stafylidis

Fortounis        

Donis  Mitroglou 

with back up xi being something like that

4-2-3-1

Kapino/Vlachodimos

Torosidis Siovas Oikonomou Retsos

Zeca Tachtsidis 

Lazaros Mantalos Mpakasetas 

Karelis

and if younger players will have explode by then we can integrate them into the squad..

14 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Papara Pirated Pirates

4 2  3 1

Dean 97 (c)

Giourkas                          Pash (vc)                            Omonia9

Original 21                         kbxk 508

Greek Lunatic               AEK 86                      Reaper                       Tzatziki

Jason

Now we're talking! 

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Does anyone know what's happening with Torosidis? Also what about Stafylidis? I don't mind that Mantalos is out, still wish him a speedy recovery. Donis is more of a huge loss. 

Toro was said to probably be fit.

Manolas will be fit

Stafylidis is said to have awound so I would count him in. He just can't train/play with others for hygiene reasons (imagine your whole squad gettng sick from the same thing because they came in touch with his blood.

Didnt know they take such unreal hygiene measures tho.

So far the squad is looking solid for the next game, i hope we see either fetfa or kone put up onto the bench, it will be interesting to see who skibbe is going to call in for that cool headed player if the game gets tough

as for the perfomance, i would hope they try and go hard away and seal of the game at home, even a 1-1 or 2-2 draw away will be seen as a win for us, getting a goal at home will be straightfoward and with the fans behind us, the Croats are not going to feel welcomed to say the least

I hate to break it to everyone but the likes of Fetfatzidis, Kone and Pelkas won't get get called up. Especially the first 2. Lazaros will likely take Donis spot. Zeca and Samaris will probably start also. I hope Fortounis plays the game of his life against Croatia. We need him to step up. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I hate to break it to everyone but the likes of Fetfatzidis, Kone and Pelkas won't get get called up. Especially the first 2. Lazaros will likely take Donis spot. Zeca and Samaris will probably start also. I hope Fortounis plays the game of his life against Croatia. We need him to step up. 

I agree, but the experience those players have is second to none, especially Kone, he knows what it takes to make it to a world cup.

I would like to see Pelkas get called up, he has some decent technical abilities,

Lazaros is also a good shout, but Donis is the real talent which we will miss out on

10 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

So far the squad is looking solid for the next game, i hope we see either fetfa or kone put up onto the bench, it will be interesting to see who skibbe is going to call in for that cool headed player if the game gets tough

as for the perfomance, i would hope they try and go hard away and seal of the game at home, even a 1-1 or 2-2 draw away will be seen as a win for us, getting a goal at home will be straightfoward and with the fans behind us, the Croats are not going to feel welcomed to say the least

kone hasn't played an official game since ages, how would you call him up? plus we're having solid options in midfield at samaris, zeca, kourmpelis and tachtsidis. we'll see how he'll do in aek with mantalos missing the season and then we can integrate him into the squad for some friendly games for example..

• Like it 1

53 minutes ago, MelbourneGreek said:

I agree, but the experience those players have is second to none, especially Kone, he knows what it takes to make it to a world cup.

I would like to see Pelkas get called up, he has some decent technical abilities,

Lazaros is also a good shout, but Donis is the real talent which we will miss out on

Spyropoulos, 34 (No Team)
Moras , 35( Plays for Panetolikos)
Samaras 32 (Turkish League 2)
Vyntra 36 (Omonia)

Salpiggidis 36(No team)

These players know whats it like to qualify for a World Cup.

Skibbe is literally mentally challenged if he is not picking ALL of them in both the squad and his starting lineup.

Imma go with you here Melbourne. This guy is an idiot. We gotta kick him and give space for Takis Gkwnias in the National Team's bench as the coach.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Pelkas will be in the squad for the World Cup if we qualify, or a starter for the next campaign.

He has matured and the fact that Paok trusts him so much to bench players like Mak and Viereinha for him , making him a captain is gonna make it worth looking him up.

I hope so. Fortounis and Pelkas are captains for their teams. This is good news for the future team of the Ethniki. If you think about it some of our young players are captains Eg. Androutsos u21, Siopis, Kourbelis, Stafylidis can become captain, Galanopoulos can become captain, Papadopoulos, Mantalos and Manolas can be captain. 

Players like Tziolis, Tzavellas, Maniatis and Torosidis should be out after the world cup. Players like Galanopoulos and Pelkas in. Players like Diamantakos, Vellios and Bakasetas should not be in the team so often. 

Edited by Dean97

I don't think Kone will be able to overtake Mitroglou or Karelis. But he's a great 3rd option for cf which we lack. Hopefully he picks up form at AEK. Who's playing great this season.

realistic best lineup that skibbe can use

Mitroglou

Staf         Fortounis Laz

Tachtsi Zeca

Tzav   Manolas  Sokratis   Torosidis

Karnezis

is anyone from the above injured?

Tachtsi and Fortounis both started in the 0-0 vs. Barca... and that's exactly what we need in Crotia 0-0 or better.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

I don't think Kone will be able to overtake Mitroglou or Karelis. But he's a great 3rd option for cf which we lack. Hopefully he picks up form at AEK. Who's playing great this season.

realistic best lineup that skibbe can use

Mitroglou

Staf         Fortounis Laz

Tachtsi Zeca

Tzav   Manolas  Sokratis   Torosidis

Karnezis

is anyone from the above injured?

Tachtsi and Fortounis both started in the 0-0 vs. Barca... and that's exactly what we need in Crotia 0-0 or better.

Fortounis played a great match and Tachtsidis defended well vs the Barca stars. Hopefully he starts instead of Tziolis but I doubt it. Let's hope we keep Croatia of the scoresheet and Mitroglou pops one in and the Ethniki come back to Greece with the advantage.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic