Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

last time he played for the nt was in 2015, if anything he's not going to be there for the last set of games. limnios is already more useful.

fortounis-mantalos

lazaros-gianniotas-mpakasetas

mitroglou-karelis-donis

even if there's a chance he's getting called up, he will not drop anyone from the above out of the squad except of bakasetas who is not even a starter. i don't know why you complain.

btw gianniotas scored again for valladolid in a cup game which his team won an progressed to the next round. as well as diamantakos for bochum with a penalty kick, although they're losing again and they're stuck in the middle of the table in germany's second league. just don't pick him again for the sake of god, both him and vellios. 

15 hours ago, Boxou said:

btw gianniotas scored again for valladolid in a cup game which his team won an progressed to the next round. as well as diamantakos for bochum with a penalty kick, although they're losing again and they're stuck in the middle of the table in germany's second league. just don't pick him again for the sake of god, both him and vellios. 

What a shame with Vellios, went to Everton at 19, 6'4 striker all the promise in the world, but he just doesn't have the killer instinct. 

When Vellios was out here in Australia, he gave a great death-stare at one of the Socceroo players in one game That must count for something as it was world class.  At the end of the day, he and Tziolara must join Mitro on his next trip to Mykonos.

Those who want the 3 4 3 or 3 2 4 1 or 3 5 2 team structures, (Sokrati..Kyriak..Manolas at the back), it could well be coming to you next year. Ange will be available in the near future, to turn us into an attacking force with an abundance of flair!

Fat Fetfa and Toro will become greyhounds from all the running up & down the sidelines.

Edited by ausgreek

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Is Ange Postecoglou leaving the Socceroos?

Yes Deanos, at the end of this cycle of World Cup Qualification, whether they get in and compete or not. I also noticed how chummy he was with Sokrati, Staf etc.

ps. leave a like/heart re.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

Christodoulopoulos will be called up. I have a feeling. For those who say Galanopoulos should be called up, I don't think it's time to. Androutsos will be the future and so will Manthatis. 

What Skibbe has to realize is:

1. Why we didn't score against Estonia?

2.What subs should he have done in the both the last matches?

3. Who is the weak link in the team?

4. Who needs to be called up and who needs to be dropped? 

5. What I need to find out about the opposition and how am I going to set up the team.

6. Does Lazaros need to play right wing because of the form he is in and the experience he has. 

7. Should Fortounis start every single match. 

8. Is it time to play Tachtsidis and Bouchalakis and drop Tziolis?

9. Do I play 2 strikers instead of against Cyprus. 

10. Does Donis need a free role where he can roam around and create chances?

I would manage this team better in my opinion because I know what is needed and what is not. 

If Skibbe is asking at least half these questions we should be fine. The first 2 questions are more essential. Number 8 and 10 are experimental or my way of fixing the team. 

The defence system is working, I wouldn't fiddle around by being too ambitious and asking to play higher up and passes forward. But we need to win our last 2 games or else we will miss out on another tournament. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

The defensive style is working and that's the we Greece need to play. Raneri tried to open us up and be more offensive and we saw the outcome.. In saying this there is no tomorrow with the Cyprus game its do or die for us and a draw is NO GOOD so we have to go for the win and we have to create chances against them and get shot on target. Because of the Estonia draw we don't have the comfort to sit back a play defence in this game. We need to play two strikers in this match. 

• Like it 1

charisis is doing well with his team in belgium, currently their 3rd in the table..also i was reading that some clubs from bundesliga were after him, reportedly werder bremen and eindrecht..at the moment he would offer much more than some bouchalakis, siopis, maniatis and tziolis but we all know he's not going to make the cut..

all 4 teams are currently in an era with lots of Greek players who find playtime

Aek pillars like experienced Mantalos, Christodoulopoulos and the youth of Galanopoulos, Tzanetopoulos , Bakakis(considering he is kinda "new" after his big injury absence)
Paok has lots of subs that are usually used as subs. Pelkas, Limnios and Koulouris. All 3 of them look promising. Off loaned players Charisis and Kitsiou at Belgium also having the season of their lives.

Olympiakos just sold Retsos and Manthatis,Androutsos,Siopis who have been offloaned seem to have something. Vouros was loaned to C.L. Apoel and Vergos in a Hungarian A-League team. Tsimikas loaned to WillemII seems kinda interesting.

Panathinaikos has some Greeks who had playtime from the beginning of hte season like Chatzigiovanis, Kolovetsios , Kourbelis but im not sure if the first two are gonna keep seeing playtime with the new additions.

Overall I think our possible talents are being utilized better than 2-3 years ago. Usually you d see Olympiakos Loan players to Levadiakos and Panionios at best , who would both be fighting for Relegation, while right now we have players in Belgium Liga,  Apoel , Eredivisie. Aek stepping up and having high chances to qualify from the Group of Europa with a core of Greek players gives joy. Overall future seems good. My current line up against Cyprus would be a 3-5-2 and you can all hate me as much as you want. 

Karnezis

Manolas - Sokratis - Kyriakos

Torosidis - Samaris - Zeca - Stafylidis

Fortounis

Mitroglou - Donis

This does it for me.

Subs Mantalos in for Fortounis

Christodoulopoulos in for Donis , or the vise versa. Maybe Donis comming late when opponent defence is tired works better.

Tzavellas in for Stafylidis if score allows it.  A more defensiveminded back who can tighten the defence more.

• Like it 1

Hey everyone

First time posting, but been reading posts on here for a long time. 

I posted my opinion of everything going on over at olympiakosworld after the last set of games. This is the link 

http://www.olympiacosworld.com/index.php?topic=236.60

I would post it here, but it's kinda long, so I didn't wanna bombard everyone on here for my first post lol it's the last 4 posts on the page. 

To say I'm aggravated with this team would be an understatement. We have so much potential, yet we're forced to endure nonsensical lineups game in and game out. 

Not a bad idea in the post above mine, but I would use either papa or sokratis as the cd in front of the cbs and keep the line as 4.

3 hours ago, gsots said:

Hey everyone

First time posting, but been reading posts on here for a long time. 

I posted my opinion of everything going on over at olympiakosworld after the last set of games. This is the link 

http://www.olympiacosworld.com/index.php?topic=236.60

I would post it here, but it's kinda long, so I didn't wanna bombard everyone on here for my first post lol it's the last 4 posts on the page. 

To say I'm aggravated with this team would be an understatement. We have so much potential, yet we're forced to endure nonsensical lineups game in and game out. 

Not a bad idea in the post above mine, but I would use either papa or sokratis as the cd in front of the cbs and keep the line as 4.

Welcome, well said I agree with you. Let's hope we can still grab a playoff spot.

• Like it 1

what the hell is going on with mitroglou..he has yet to play a game for marseille still injured (about 2 months). he is definitely not going to be on form for the cyprus game if he doesn't play next weekend too..same for karelis, he's still injured and i don't think he will even make the squad..

Lazaros has scored 6 goals in 5 games he is probably in the best form in his career. Mantalos doing well also. If Lazaros doesn't get picked then we are doomed. Clearly his set pieces are very good. 

If Mitroglou doesn't play next week we are also doomed. We haven't got a good enough striker to play against Cyprus. Maybe Christodoulopoulos and Bakasetas play up front.

• Like it 1

I dont get the whole fuss about our CBs being played as 6. I mena you re all crying that we need someone creative and moreup going and cry when Tziolis / Samaris / Maniatis are the combo, and suddently, you remember that our CBs can play defensive mid as well and you are begging to see them there. 

It's a no. With the defense like ours and Zeca making sure one player can't do much (De Bruyne and Pjanic some examples), and being a literally hero in the Kobenhavn team, he is a no brainer to start as the main 6. Samaris can now go forward and be a box to box since he can pass well and press. Noone else is allowed to steal a spot from them. Our defence was our main attribute since Otto Rehagel. Decent teams that go for the win against us ALWAYS get punished. Romania 2014? Ivory Coast 2014? Belgium 2017? Ukraine 2010? Croatia 2012?  

We re gonna score Cyprus a couple of goals to call it a day and see who we get in the play offs. I expect Bosnia to draw Belgium to be fair.

As for the call ups. From the previous 4-5 call ups, Id want Oikonomou , Diamantakos , Vellios(yeah even me his last supporter doesnt think he deserves a spot anymore)out and Siovas, Lazaros, Pelkas in.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

Oikonomou is injured, he hasn't been playing with SPAL lately so I don't see him being available to play. He is off for quite a while now so yeah Siovas is likely to replace them. I would also take Vlachodimos instead of Kiriakidis and Anestis. As I've said previously he's finalizing his deal with Benfica.

Other than than I don't want any of Tziolis, Bouchalakis, Maniatis, Vellios, Diamantakos and even Lykogiannis and Siopis around at the moment. If I had to pick a squad that would be my pool of playersmost of the times.

Karnezis, Kapino, Vlachodimos

Sokratis, Manolas, Papadopoulos, Retsos, Siovas, Oikonomou

Stafylidis, Mpakakis, Torosidis, Tzavellas, Koutris

Samaris, Tachtsidis, Zeca, Kourmpelis, Galanopoulos, Charisis, Fortounis, Mantalos

Mitroglou, Karelis, Lazaros, Donis, Mpakasetas

But knowing that this is nowhere near to happen we'll see once again the likes I mentioned above like they're essential to manage to beat Cyprus and Gibraltar. I hope Tziolis and Maniatis are done after this campaign and Charisis with Galanopoulos to keep developing a they can make a move to Bundesliga or so. This way Skibbe will have no excuses playing a Saudi Arabia player like Tziolis or Maniatis instead of them. Same goes for Limnios and any other promising offensive player so we can STOP watching 2nd league players like Diamantakos, Vellios and Gianniotas having a guaranteed place to the team regardless of their (shitty) performance.

• Like it 2

Kapino is being sent to train with olympiacos 2nd team, he will probably get called up for the next round of games given they are next week but if we were to make it into the playoffs, you would have to say its pretty unlikely he would get called in November. Couple that with Karnezi who's been sitting on the bench for watford the last 3 weeks we might have an issue with our goalkeepers. Anesti/Kyriakidis are clearly a level or 2 below karnezi/kapino.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic