Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Lets be completely honest we all fell in love with the 2004 team because of there passion dedication and will to compete and how committed  they were to the style of play that was forced upon them but there is no way they were more some skilled then most of our core players today. We do have more and more players playing outside Greece for some big name teams more then ever before which is a huge positive. I still think our team could be better with some players that haven't been given an opportunity. I don't want to sound like a Broken record but I've now watched the last couple of games Holebas has played in and what a weapon we have lost on our national team. Even Fetfa should be given another look as the guy can really turn guys inside out, even Laz should be given a chance. Kone and Ninis I haven't heard much about so I'm not sure how they're doing. If Donis could pan out then that solves one of our positions, now we need to figure out our mid which did look good with Zeca last game. Giannatos  should also have some more playing time.  

Don't get any hopes on Bouchalakis yet, at least that is my opinion. He is usually one month wow and then invisible. It's either that or never given a proper chance until now.

Kone ,Ninis , Lazaros ,Fetfa , Holebas are gone offensively.
We re literally left with 2 Attacking Mids , one of hem very good when willing (Fortounis) and a Mediocre one in Mantalos.
Donis , Gianniotas some wingers and Mitroglou Karelis Vellios our forwards. Noone else deserves to be called up right now. Championship side Nottingham still has 3 games until call ups are announced Bouchalakis and Possibly Vellios can be looked into in detail.

Siopis disapointed me by staying with Olympiakos.

Gillet , Romao , Ofoe , Tachtsidis , Siopis , Zdjelar , Androutsos

7 players. Most possible outcome Siopis Zdjelar Androutsos wave goodbye getting offloned.

Most possible outcome for Siopis in particular: Gets playing time in a Levadiakos tier team , faces reality that he just ruined his career and never steps up to his potential.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

5 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Siopis disapointed me by staying with Olympiakos.

Gillet , Romao , Ofoe , Tachtsidis , Siopis , Zdjelar , Androutsos

7 players. Most possible outcome Siopis Zdjelar Androutsos wave goodbye getting offloned.

Most possible outcome for Siopis in particular: Gets playing time in a Levadiakos tier team , faces reality that he just ruined his career and never steps up to his potential.

What's wrong with Siopis? I don't understand what your trying to say. Your dissapointed in him that he is playing for Olympiakos. He is a hardworking player, he is short though that's what's holding him back. 

For Bouchalakis I doubt he would be called up, if he plays well in the next few games he should be called up. 

9 hours ago, J1078 said:

Lets be completely honest we all fell in love with the 2004 team because of there passion dedication and will to compete and how committed  they were to the style of play that was forced upon them but there is no way they were more some skilled then most of our core players today. We do have more and more players playing outside Greece for some big name teams more then ever before which is a huge positive. I still think our team could be better with some players that haven't been given an opportunity. I don't want to sound like a Broken record but I've now watched the last couple of games Holebas has played in and what a weapon we have lost on our national team. Even Fetfa should be given another look as the guy can really turn guys inside out, even Laz should be given a chance. Kone and Ninis I haven't heard much about so I'm not sure how they're doing. If Donis could pan out then that solves one of our positions, now we need to figure out our mid which did look good with Zeca last game. Giannatos  should also have some more playing time.  

I agree with what your saying, especially about Holebas. I saw him play against Liverpool and he looked dangerous on the left. He could have been very useful with Stafylidis on the left flank. I would love to see Ninis or Kone back in this team. They should be because Maniatis and Tziolis didn't have clubs for a while and they still got chosen twice. Donis should start and Mantalos needs to sit out. We need to put a bit of pressure on Fortounis so he can be willing to perform and I agree he is the best player when he is willing. Maybe we put Zeca attacking midfield and call-up Bouchalakis for the Estonia match. 

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

What's wrong with Siopis? I don't understand what your trying to say. Your dissapointed in him that he is playing for Olympiakos. He is a hardworking player, he is short though that's what's holding him back. 

For Bouchalakis I doubt he would be called up, if he plays well in the next few games he should be called up. 

I agree with what your saying, especially about Holebas. I saw him play against Liverpool and he looked dangerous on the left. He could have been very useful with Stafylidis on the left flank. I would love to see Ninis or Kone back in this team. They should be because Maniatis and Tziolis didn't have clubs for a while and they still got chosen twice. Donis should start and Mantalos needs to sit out. We need to put a bit of pressure on Fortounis so he can be willing to perform and I agree he is the best player when he is willing. Maybe we put Zeca attacking midfield and call-up Bouchalakis for the Estonia match. 

We can talk about Siopis in 3 months. If he has any playtime in the current Olympiakos he is gonna become a leader there.

Ninis and kone are not playing..Kone has not got a club..

Vellios has not played a League game yet?

Bouchalakis can strike a ball..but there's more required to be a good NT midfielder than to be able to strike a shot.

Maniatis and Tziolis should not be called up..

Samaris, Taxi, Zeca, Mandalos, Fortounis, (Siopis, Kourbelis) are more than enough as CM,DM.AM roles..

Bouchalakis can strike a ball better than any of our midfielders. Then it's Fortounis. Samaris can't get in good shooting positions, Tachtsidis Is a bit clumsy. Bouchalakis can provide a threat with his shots. We haven't had someone in our midfield that can strike like that in a long time. The last person that could was Karagounis.

Edited by Dean97

I don't know I was hoping for Samaris to score more goals like that but he hasn't. He needs to play CM to score he is good at scoring just inside the box. Bouchalakis can score from anywhere, only when he has the chance too. I just don't know why we don't shoot enough around the box. Most of our goals are inside the box with free kick here and there. I'm telling you Bouchalakis can score goals thats his biggest strength and he is a midfielder.

Thats exactly what we shouldn't do. Bouchalakis is getting praised after just 90 minutes in championship? Are you serious?
Friendly reminder that the whole reason why Diamantakos started getting called up in the Greek National Team was ONE friendly match vs Manchester City. Do you consider him enough after so many miserably bad appearances?

5 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Thats exactly what we shouldn't do. Bouchalakis is getting praised after just 90 minutes in championship? Are you serious?
Friendly reminder that the whole reason why Diamantakos started getting called up in the Greek National Team was ONE friendly match vs Manchester City. Do you consider him enough after so many miserably bad appearances?

It's not just from one match. I've been saying he is a good player for a long time. Diamantakos wasn't chosen because he played well against Manchester City. Let's see how Bouchalakis does in the next few matches.

Edited by Dean97

Skankooooh boy, your a hard man bros. Boucha and Siopis are good players re maik! Like to not see Tzioli or arab to be honest for next games.

Karelis could even play behind the striker as the more central role is more his game.

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

It's not just from one match. I've been saying he is a good player for a long time. Diamantakos wasn't chosen because he played well against Manchester City. Let's see how Bouchalakis does in the next few matches.

Really he wasn't ? Summer after WC 2014 Olympiakos goes to ICC in USA , Diamantakos used as CenterForward scores 2-3 goals there. Before that he was just known as a Olympiakos youth system product, nothing serious.

Matchday 1 for Euro 2016 against Romania in August-September : he is in the starting line-up, used as a Left Winger.

Bouchalakis is with Olympiakos 4 years. 2013-2017. He had 22 formal matches with Olympiakos. How exactly can you understand if he was good with literally 5 matches/ season, and most of them in the cup, against B Ethniki and Relegation tier teams?

Anyways i hope i made you understand that we re simply overexaggerating when some players step up out of nowhere and possibly take a transfer outside Greece.

Trust me , I hope I am wrong, but for now we re just rushing to name him a big players, to fill in the gap of a missing 8 in our NT, since we haven't had a proper one after Karagounis.

Diamantakos came on the last 15 minutes in that match. You are right about Bouchalakis, he didnt play much with Olympiakos but when he did he was effective. His injuries held him back. If he wasn't injury prone like Papadopoulos he would be in the Greek team. Without a doubt. He has more quality then Maniatis and is way better than Tziolis. He is slow though. That's his downfall, aswell as injuries. His positives are his passing, shooting and willingness to fight for the ball. 

has anyone payed a good eye to bouchalakis? the only positives I see from him is he's left footed and has a great outside box shot. Does he do anything else well?

Tziolis has a great outside box shot too, doesn't mean he should be playing for the NT

On 8/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, Dean97 said:

I dont think some of the Euro 04 side is better than some of our current players. Below is a list of the players I think of who is better on their prime:

Giannakopoulos > Gianniotas

Karagounis > Fortounis

Seitaridis > Torosidis 

Nikopolidis > Karnezis 

Tsiartas > Mantalos

Basinas > Tachtsidis

Zagorakis > Samaris

Nikolaidis > Karelis

Manolas > Kapsis

Sokratis > Dellas 

Stafylidis = Fyssas 

Mitroglou = Charisteas

To me

Giannakopoulos > Mantalos

Karagounis > Fortounis

Seitaridis = Torosidis (at their prime)

Nikopolidis < Karnezis (he does all thing niko does + can handle corners, niko was sticky fingers)

Tsiartas > Tachtsi

Basinas < Kpaps

Zagorakis > Samaris

Nikolaidis > Karelis

Manolas > Kapsis

Sokratis > Dellas 

Stafylidis = Fyssas 

Mitroglou > Charisteas

Yeah when you put it like that euro 2004 does look pretty good but also mind you if we had fetfa/holebas it would be tougher call.

Karagounis, Tsiartsas, Giannakopoulos, Zago would be welcomed additions.

we had a midfield back then. ever since we've only had like 2 lock ins.

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

has anyone payed a good eye to bouchalakis? the only positives I see from him is he's left footed and has a great outside box shot. Does he do anything else well?

Tziolis has a great outside box shot too, doesn't mean he should be playing for the NT

I just saw the highlights of the Forest Vs Barnsley highlights where forest lost 2-1. Bouchalakis has a better pass than Tziolis. The problem is that he was slow in getting back to help the defence and that's what we need and that's what Maniatis does well at. He also needs to put a tackle in when gets back and not just let the defence take care of it. That's what I saw. 

• 2 weeks later...

our true best lineup imo

Mitroglou

Holebas/Donis     Fortunis    Fetfatzidis

Tachtsi Kpaps

Staf Manolas Sokratis Torosidis

Karnezis

Subs

Samaris

Karelis

Ninis

Zeca

Kaltsas

Kapino

Edited by georgelaz

this is what I would field against estonia:

Donis

sTAFYLIDIS                         Fortounis                          Mantalos

samaris       zeca

Tzavellas             Manolas             K paps                   Maniatis

Karnezis

This lineup does not include players coming off of injury (i.e. Tachtsidis) and players who have had no playing time this season, with a couple exceptions.    

''Το γιατί άλλαξε την αριστερή πλευρά: Ο Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος είχε πρόβλημα τραυματισμού και έτσι πήγαμε στην άλλη αλλαγή με Σταφυλίδης. Επίσης ο Βέλλιος δεν παίζει τόσο στην Αγγλία και έτσι κουράστηκε και έπρεπε να τον αλλάξουμε. Είναι δύσκολο για εμάς γιατί έχουμε πολλά παιδιά που δεν παίζουν στις ομάδες τους. Παλέψαμε όμως και κάναμε κατάθεση ψυχής και καρδιάς στο γήπεδο και είμαι περήφανος γι' αυτό αλλά θα πρέπει να πάμε καλύτερα και να παίξουμε καλά'' - Skibbe

That is totally in your control, Michael. Fetfatzidis plays regular football in Saudi, has started both games this current season and scored in one them. Calling up guys that don't get playing time in second division leagues isn't gonna get us anywhere. Open your mind. 

On 16/08/2017 at 7:08 PM, Dean97 said:

I just saw the highlights of the Forest Vs Barnsley highlights where forest lost 2-1. Bouchalakis has a better pass than Tziolis. The problem is that he was slow in getting back to help the defence and that's what we need and that's what Maniatis does well at. He also needs to put a tackle in when gets back and not just let the defence take care of it. That's what I saw. 

My GOD this game didnt need 2 holding mids Bouchalakis is in FORM and Tziolis Zeca are not at his level as well as Tachtsidis or Samaris Siopis the modern 6 must tackle and must play out of the back to link or switch the field Zeca Tziolis couldnt do it but THEY won headers 1960 soccer

9 hours ago, Argy said:

''Το γιατί άλλαξε την αριστερή πλευρά: Ο Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος είχε πρόβλημα τραυματισμού και έτσι πήγαμε στην άλλη αλλαγή με Σταφυλίδης. Επίσης ο Βέλλιος δεν παίζει τόσο στην Αγγλία και έτσι κουράστηκε και έπρεπε να τον αλλάξουμε. Είναι δύσκολο για εμάς γιατί έχουμε πολλά παιδιά που δεν παίζουν στις ομάδες τους. Παλέψαμε όμως και κάναμε κατάθεση ψυχής και καρδιάς στο γήπεδο και είμαι περήφανος γι' αυτό αλλά θα πρέπει να πάμε καλύτερα και να παίξουμε καλά'' - Skibbe

That is totally in your control, Michael. Fetfatzidis plays regular football in Saudi, has started both games this current season and scored in one them. Calling up guys that don't get playing time in second division leagues isn't gonna get us anywhere. Open your mind. 

What Skibbe only sees this now?? are you serious??? of course guys that don't play regularly are going to tire easily and not be sharp... The fact that he is mentioning this now after so many games when he consistently calls up guys that don't play makes him an idiot. We  have Laz who should be called up who is playing well, we should have Fetfa called up and other guys that are getting regular playing time.. Win or Lose Skibbe is making the wrong decisions and eventually its going to catch up with us. I know he has been able to get results by playing more of a defensive system which is fine but he could play that system and still have more talented and inform player's playing.

1 hour ago, OFI-mtl said:

vs Belgium if Kpaps is fit

....................Karnezis......................

.....Sokratis.....Kpaps..........Manolas

Lyko .....Samaris...........Taxi............Stafy

.......Fortounis....Donis.......Mandalos

That's not a bad lineup. The front 3 could make something happen against Belgium. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic