Phantis Forums

Aek Vs Alimos

Original 21

Last game of the regular season this Saturday at 15:00 Greek time. Let's finish the year off strong with some goals.

Vouras

Georgeas Tzanetopoulos Kolovetsios Soiledis

Johansen Cordero

Aravidis Anakoglou Barbosa

Chrisantus

Chrisantus finally got off the mark last week, I expect some improved performances from him now that his confidence is up. Once he starts scoring he won't stop. Cordero should get some minutes too because Anakoglou needs to play behind the striker, D'Acol is not the answer. Georgeas is retiring at the end of the year, give the man the start in a meaningless game in a home game so he gets a proper send off, the man has given more to AEK than any other playing in this century.

Last game in this shitty division and thank god we don't have to see those horse paddock grounds any longer...... Atleast the game is at a time where we can watch it and not wake up in the middle of the night in Sydney hahaha those 3am games kill me......

We should win this regardless of who plays and we may even open the gap up a little bit more if Apollon drops points again.

I read the playoffs will start after our Easter 18th April I think was said, is this correct?

This game is important. We need as big of an advantage as possible going into the playoffs, you never know what dirty games might be played in an attempt to keep us down. Lamia seems to be the next Olympiako farm team to enter the Superleague. I'll be keeping an eye out to see how hard they push that team. 

Apollon plays Erminiodas away which wont be easy for them so there is a chance we can extend our lead.

I agree with Original21 I really cant see us losing 3 games in the playoffs, we haven't lost a league match in 2 seasons, cant see it happening now.....

Our boys will be fully focused and they ALL know what this means after all they came to AEK to get us back to SL.

Very strange about Lamia Che as that whole area is pretty much AEK, but then again money talks....

I like him a lot and although he's not a talent he still has years to improve before he reaches his peak. A lot of people don't like him because they think he is selfish or has a low footballing iq. Personally I think Platella does a lot of small things you don't notice throughout the game as well, and does a great job in tiring out the opposing defense. He's getting some harsh criticism right now but if he learns to pass better, and add composure when in the final third, he'll close many mouths. 

Edited by CHE21QNS

I feel a lot of the criticism towards Tsarta was a result of his cold, almost too professional personality off the field. He was often characterized as money hungry and the fact that he loved to talk about himself didn't make things better for him. It was as if fans were looking for reasons to doubt his game because they were scared to invest in him as a person, sort of how I feel about Scocco for instance. (although there is no comparison between the two- Tsartas being in another league) In one end you had Demi and players like Georgea leaving their lives on the field, and Tsarta seeming more cool and composed on the field and more ego driven off the field. In reality the guy was brilliant and it is exactly as he put it himself, he was slower on the field physically, because his vision and footballing iq was so much faster than everyone else on the field, mentally.

A buddy of mine in Greece, (a Panionio fan), told me that Tsartas was a dick after he met him once. Very arrogant...

I suppose guys with that kind of talent will think very highly of themselves more often than not.. Personally, I could give 2 s;$&1ts how a player acts as long as he brings it. And El Maggo brought it.. He was a classic 10 that made the ball do all the work.

For me Platellas was one of your best players in the karaiskaki. That defence splitting pass was very clever. He also rarely lost the ball and showed very good ball control.

I can see he scored a lot of goals since he has been at AEK (22 goals in 42 games), which is impressive for a winger, however, I agree that he will find it harder to score as many against Super League sides. I also don't see him lasting as Mel brings in a new wave of South American attacking players for the super League.

Well like 16 of them were in the third division against semi pro players, I don't rate him for anything more than a bench option next year. If there was a way to have fetfatzidis skill and match it with Platellas determination and quickness then he'd be one of the best in Europe.

Platellas for me is too inconsistent, yes he can take players on and has speed & skill but he takes the wrong decisions at times, his finishing at times is also shocking, look no further than the sitter he missed in the Karaiskaki.....

Amorgos Chrisantus did well for us on the weekend, he held the ball up well, his touches were good and his goal was well taken. Shouldve had one in the first half but his finish went right to the keeper, we shall see how he goes this weekend....

I think you guys are being too harsh on Platella to be honest. At the very least I am thankful for Platella. He was literally the single shining star in the 3rd division, one of the few guys who remained dedicated and focused, and we can degrade the 3rd division all we want but there were many times where a Platella goal or play saved the day. 

In the second division he has been great too. He has remained focused and you can always count on the guy to show up effort wise. Now as far as the tough games go and him not being able to perform in the Superleague. The guy is young, he just turned 26, and in my eyes a soccer player's prime is 28, so in that respect he still has space to grow as a player. Then if we were to go by what we have already seen, he performed well against Atromito too who is one of the toughest teams in the league. Against the gauro he did a lot of little things that people didn't notice and especially in the Karaiskaki, his passes in small space were great in wreaking havoc. He pressed up high which caused a lot of issues for the gaurous, and there were a few brilliant passed that could of changed the game. (some of them were disrupted by the ref)

As far as the sitter that he missed goes. Like I've said before, I think he puts tremendous pressure on himself and this leads to him losing his cool sometimes when in the final third. If he worked on his composure and focused on finding the open man, he can create a lot of golden chances for the team. He's still got potential, and I really can't blame the guy for missing a sitter. Aravidi has missed sitters as well, Barbosa did as well against the gauro, and most of all our star player Mandalo also missed one of the biggest chances we had in the draw. With experience they'll all grow together and become deadly. 

Edited by CHE21QNS

Hopefully will be another win followed by early wins in the playoffs to lock up promotion immediately and give some guys riding the bench a chance to show whether they should stick around.

• Like it 1

The team Dellas has been toying with in training ahead of the game;

.........................................Anestis

Bakakis.......Tzanetopoulos.......Lambropoulos.......Soiledis

...................................Faye........Anakoglou

Dounis..............................Grontis..........................Barbosa

.........................................Aravidis

Christantus was also thrown in at some stage and most likely will play.