Phantis Forums
cocksta

Daily Team News

jvc    752

^^Alafouzos is not staying in place....he's buying the debt and holding on to shares.   When the club turnes things around he will be able to sell.  ATM owning shares of PAO means you're holding onto debt.  The point of this is, it will allow PAO to compete debt free.

jvc    752
7 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Why would Dimitri come on and leave Alafouzo in place? Makes no sense to me...

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/374946/rantevoy-giannakopoyloy-alafoyzoy-gia-na-kleidosei-deal

Alafouzos to hold onto the debt....hand over the club on a clean sheet.   Dimitri will match the number and the club will start operating cost at 25 million.   If this happens,  and the reports suggest that the deal is agreed by both parties.....PANATHINIAKARA IS BACK STRONG!

Tzatziki    522

Makari. What type of money does Dimitri have, I am a bit clueless as to who he is besides the few times he has been in the news for acting like an organized fan.

jvc    752
48 minutes ago, Tzatziki said:

Makari. What type of money does Dimitri have, I am a bit clueless as to who he is besides the few times he has been in the news for acting like an organized fan.

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/375360/ta-senaria-gia-toys-sympaiktes-toy-giannakopoyloy

According to this article....Dimitri has investors onboard.   Together they will invest 10 million for 3 years.   The names listed are deep pockets, and PAO supporters.

athinaios    478

This morning he announced that he's pulling out as PAO has 80 mil. debt. This doesn't look good at all for the club.

jvc    752
56 minutes ago, athinaios said:

This morning he announced that he's pulling out as PAO has 80 mil. debt. This doesn't look good at all for the club.

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/376298/efialtiko-senario-dialysis-toy-panathinaikoy

Looks like Alafouzos is announcing his departure from the club tomorrow.  PAO  is headed for relegation....will not be able to meet financial obligations.   I'm hearing the new rules are....you need to play a minimum of 3 years in division 3 in order to dissolve your debts.  The earliest you can make it back to top flight is 5 years....does anyone have any information regarding dissolving debts.

athinaios    478

Three years in 3rd division and kiss this club goodbye. All the better players will leave and if the club continues, then it'll be just any other struggling club.

Alafouzo saved the club from going to 3rd division years ago, but he's been one of the most incompetent owners ever. He wasted 40 mil. of his own money too. But, if he leaves the club without finding anyone to take over, he better leave Greece too.

Ellada2004    21

The meeting yesterday with Alafouzos ended after an hour. PAO has debts of over 50 million and not the 25 million that Dimitri had thought. The club needs to pay UEFA 3 million due at the end of the month or face punishments. This is situation for the club and all its fans is very worrisome.

jvc    752

^^Dimitri new all along what the debts are....there's a huge cover up going on.  Alafouzos is probably covering the Vardo family,  and I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri has a past in there....the whole thing wasn't logical from the beginning.   The probable conclusion is....Alafouzos is the families puppet.   And when he took over PAO the actual debts were much higher.  Think about it.  Dimitri states that Alafouzos actually invested 40 million????   From his own mouth....was shown evidence.  But Alafouzos can't show the documents public,  because he's protecting PAO?????   From both of their mouths.   SMOKE SCREEN MY FRIEND.

Ellada2004    21
3 hours ago, jvc said:

^^Dimitri new all along what the debts are....there's a huge cover up going on.  Alafouzos is probably covering the Vardo family,  and I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitri has a past in there....the whole thing wasn't logical from the beginning.   The probable conclusion is....Alafouzos is the families puppet.   And when he took over PAO the actual debts were much higher.  Think about it.  Dimitri states that Alafouzos actually invested 40 million????   From his own mouth....was shown evidence.  But Alafouzos can't show the documents public,  because he's protecting PAO?????   From both of their mouths.   SMOKE SCREEN MY FRIEND.

I wouldn't be surprised. I just want Alfouzos gone from the club! What a disgrace.

jvc    752
22 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. I just want Alfouzos gone from the club! What a disgrace.

I don't think he can just walk....would he not have done it by now?  And I don't believe Dimitri or the family want the books open.  If the team goes bankrupt,  the books will open to the public.  That's why the sharks are smelling blood.  They simply want Alafouzos to drop 25 million and leave in the summer.   Think about it....sounds like a mob story.

Edited by jvc

Lamiara ole    236

I watched the game on Sunday and I thought this team is a mid table team that will struggle all season!

The parting of Berg, Zeka and Mbokou has cost dearly. The players who came to replace them are nowhere near that level.

We are in dire straights with the situation at the helm. Looks like the team is headed for a disaster unless big pockets intervene.

I hate to see us end up like aek! It would be shameful to the History of Panathinaikos!

The way thing going I see us not even making the top 6!

Edited by Lamiara ole
  • Like it 1

jvc    752

^^The team has run out of cash flow....PAO needs 17 million for this years budget.  12 for contracts and operating costs.  Plus 2.5 million for debts due in 2 weeks,  and another 3 by December to meet UEFA agreements.  Alafouzos is saying he is done paying,  will not drop another dime.   That means we lose the licence for Europe,  and players will be leaving because of not being paid....finishing 6 is a hudge task if in fact Alafouzos is for real.

Edited by jvc
  • Like it 1

Ellada2004    21
1 hour ago, Lamiara ole said:

I watched the game on Sunday and I thought this team is a mid table team that will struggle all season!

The parting of Berg, Zeka and Mbokou has cost dearly. The players who came to replace them are nowhere near that level.

We are in dire straights with the situation at the helm. Looks like the team is headed for a disaster unless big pockets intervene.

I hate to see us end up like aek! It would be shameful to the History of Panathinaikos!

The way thing going I see us not even making the top 6!

After the first few games its been hsrc to watch this team. The first 60 minutes vs Athletic Bilbao in Europa qualifying was tremendous, but since that late game meltdown it seems like everything is going downhill for the team. It would have been a huge boost just to qualify for Europa even if they went out at the group stage. It's tough to watch such a historic club struggle on and of the field.

jvc    752

Here's what I think will happen.  I believe both Dimitri and Alafouzos can't walk away easily....or they would have by now.  Dimitri can't afford for PAO to go bankrupt,  will damage the brand name across the board,   and probably has his name in the PAO books somewhat....will damage his name more.  Alafouzos,  because it's PAO....the people will demand answers,  and when they get them,  he will be in hot water....he's probably liable for 20 million.   That being said,  look for a player fire sale come December.  With Molado and whatever the highest assets to be sold....looking at about 6 million....this will guarantee the 5 million to UEFA....and because there's no high wages left on the budget,  will bring the years commitments from 17 million to 8.  After that the deal will get done.  Dimitri knows he will get OAKA,  100 percent.   Once that's finalized PAO can hide their debts in the renovation costs....and spread them out over 40 years.  All the team needs to accomplish by December,  is to stay as far away from the relegation zone as possible....because after December, the team will have no talent left.