Phantis Forums
cocksta

Daily Team News [ 2015 ]

jvc    752

Watch...And see, what we witnessed from him, in all the important games in the playoffs was not by chance.

In the playoffs who was the MVP? was he not the trump card?

val    220

I wouldn't draw conclusions just yet. He did well in the playoffs and so did the team as a whole but the other three teams were clinically dead to a point where we barely broke a sweat.

It's hard to shake first impressions though and i still view him as a high energy guy that is error prone. I wouldn't play him in the heart of the defense, I know that much. Perhaps this move by anastasiou to stick him in the midfield is a stroke of genius but we will need to see it on a consistent basis.

Green Man    300

^^^^let's see what he does next season until then his a player on the rise but let's not over hype!..last few games kudos great stuff!

• Like it 1

Green Man    300

lol there was somebody on here that was a huge fan of dinas back in the day i can't remember who but ya the above need to go no questions asked.

val    220

Dinas has the technical ability most of this pao squad can only dream of. He lacks everything else though. There were a couple of games were he got people talking but it wasn't to be. Shame.

Green Man    300

his goal against dynamo moscow was magic but i struggle to think of anything else that was worthy enough to consider him technically very good abit of pace... few tricks..run stop here and there reminded me of a poor mans xhristodopoulos and he was given enough chances to be fair..not knocking him either just my assessment now i wish him the very best of luck future wise :)

Edited by Green Man

Green Man    300

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Panathinaikos/anaxwrhsh-me-xamhlo-profil.3558942.html

the team took off for the Netherlands(Holland) to start preparations some great pic's here...if anyone wants to open a preseason thread then feel free i think we should merge the friendly games thread with this and call it preseason 2015/16!.....ps where is everyone?????? :(

Paotrella    63

ps where is everyone?????? :(

Green Man, unfortunately it seems that everyone's focus is on the state of the country at the moment (and rightfully so). 

Thankfully most of our signings have taken place and we only have one major pressing need in the CB position. 

On a separate note, its interesting to read reports from several players (including Steele) that they are getting paid on time with guarantees in place for future payments. It was only a year ago we weren't paying our players and most past players had large unpaid payments.

• Like it 1

Giourkas    733

^ funny how the team seems to be doing better financially the minute it was made known that Pateras was doing pretty well for himself after reinventing his core business (shipping).. fancy that!

• Like it 2

Original Sydney    1,030

Yiasas boys, haven't come on your threads before as I only talk about AEK, but would like to hear your opinions on how you think PAO will fair up this season?

Top 4 has to be a certainty but is a realistic title challenge the main goal this season? After all you guys were so close last season until the p*****es came about and got docked those 3 crucial points so you would expect a bigger challenge this season??

Edited by Original Sydney

Original 21    462

I think their roster is better than Olympiakos currently and they will def be in the title challenge. Gotta see what signings the gavroi make. I expect a tight 3 horse race for the title with first and third (AEK PAO and OSFP not necessarily in that order) only being separated by 6 or less points and PAOK not too far off in 4th.

Original Sydney    1,030

I can see an interesting season ahead for us all, wonder why the gavri haven't made any signings yet?

Berbatov, Robinho, Ronadinho, Alex, Pato, Karigio the list goes on and NOT ONE player to their name.. Laughing stock if you ask me......

paoboston    201

I think their roster is better than Olympiakos currently and they will def be in the title challenge. Gotta see what signings the gavroi make. I expect a tight 3 horse race for the title with first and third (AEK PAO and OSFP not necessarily in that order) only being separated by 6 or less points and PAOK not too far off in 4th.

I think you are incredibly optimistic if you think AEK will be contending for the league this year. With that roster, your looking at best a top 8 finish imo and I'm not sure you even crack the playoffs. OSFP, PAO, and PAOK have better rosters and even Atromitos and Asteras will be tough to beat out. But I think for a first year back in the SL, a top 8 finish would be good for you guys as a stepping stone.

Grkfreezer624    270

I agree with PaoBoston...  AEK are definately not a championship level side this year.   They will be next year, but this year they should aim for a top 5 spot.  If they can crack Europe and do well in the playoffs, that should be a VERY successful season for them

AEK will have a lot of ups and downs during the season... brand new squad and a relatively inexperienced manager.  There was a lot of controversey on whether Dellas would continue at AEK (he CORRECTLY stayed) but if there are hiccups early in the campaign (and I expect there will) then you will hear Mel and fans asking for heads to roll.. .which is extremely immature/premature

The only two teams that will be competing for 1st place this year are PAO and Olympiakos.  PAOK is also in a rebuilding stage after expensive blunders on the transfer market, however now I really think they are on the right path to build something special over there.  It will take time and may take them 1-2 transfer periods to get it right, but I think we will finally have a healthy, extremely competitive side from Thessalonki

The 2016-2017 season will be the most exciting season in a while, b/c you will have a PAOK and AEK ready to contend for the title.. and PAO and Olympiakos only strengthened.  Should be a fun season to look fwd to.

Original 21    462

I think you are incredibly optimistic if you think AEK will be contending for the league this year. With that roster, your looking at best a top 8 finish imo and I'm not sure you even crack the playoffs. OSFP, PAO, and PAOK have better rosters and even Atromitos and Asteras will be tough to beat out. But I think for a first year back in the SL, a top 8 finish would be good for you guys as a stepping stone.

Have you seen our roster??? Look into the players we've signed please before you comment on them. How on earth do you think this team is looking for a top 8 finish? Maybe I was extreme with the title challenge but this team will finish top 4 easily. We have a better roster than PAOK and Atromitos and same level as Asteras, once our signings are complete we will be better than Asteras also.

paoboston    201

I saw your roster. A group of teenagers, some foreigners you just signed plus an ancient Djebbour won't make you a top 5 team. 2 of your best players are coming off ACL injuries. Thisn't isn't the gamma Ethniki anymore. The teams in the SL are way more competitive that what you have faced the past few years. You guys have the tools to be comptetive in 1-2 seasons if you do it right. It just won't be this season.

• Like it 1