Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

the reason outsiders cant win this competition is because of the unlimited eu bosman player rule and the 4 foreigners rule ,so clubs like barca spend big money and buy the best players,they average spending 80 million euros every transfer season how can you compete with that when all the talent pool is with a handful of clubs.

that's why pao has to focus on youth and players from the academy making sure we have a program in place that developes players,not buying rubbish that other clubs don't want like mendez,pranjic,petric ,bajrami ,look what karelis has done this season the washed up has beens aren't going to bring anything in ,but players like karelis will ,and if you can develop a starting 11 of kareli like players in all the positions you have something to work with,clubs are interested in him,because he is scoring ,has speed ,strength and is a handful for defenders and is versatile.and if berg and petric didn't have injuries I doubt karelis would of got much game time this season,so it was more by luck than good management by anastsiou that karelis has had a breakthrough season.

I doubt it. The PR machine is running full throttle over in Pireaus right now. Robinho, Berbatov, Pato, etc etc. They will go out and sign some washed up big name players to make a "Bam" signing.

They don't even have a coach right now.

• Like it 1

Am I the only one who thinks Giannotas and Fortunis have starting roles at the gavro this year?  

They will do very well next year

Fortounis for sure, but you can never know with the revolving door of managers at that club.

Also i didn't realise fountas was at panionios this season, this kid was great for aek a few seasons back and then went missing.

, with a rubbish coach

markarian is a rubbish coach?do you have any idea what you are talking about?

the guy has won 7 championships,2 cups,3rd place with peru in the 2011 copa America,took ionkios to uefa cup qualification at a time when the greek league was actually competitive,took pao to the quarter finals of the uefa cup and the champions league,and reached the final of the copa libertadores with sportng crystal among other succesess,lets think before we call someone with that type of a resume rubbish

• Like it 4

The Faroe Islands played a nice brand of football and they played as a team. That second goal was wicked. There's nothing more pleasing than when players take to the coaches instructions. I'm hearing that some of their guys had jobs in the morning which is quite incredible.

On a final note, i have a lot of respect for markarian. Okay so he inherited a great side from kyrastas but nonetheless he got the very best out of the players. I hate to see him involved in the current mess that is the ethniki.

he inherited a great side from kyrasta ,what about the side he inherited from sandos which was 12 point behind the gavrous and nearly won the whole thing?

again you are trying to belittle markarian as a coach with what you just said.

• Like it 2

most greek players have big heads they play 10 games for the first team ,then they get tattoos and try to find some super model wa

nnabe and they think they are super stars.

if they get asked to do something they don't like or don't agree with they will tell the coach im feeling a bit of a niggle can I give it a miss.

if your not willing battle and chase lost causes out there you will get beat,mitroglou is the prime example he refuses to do any work off the ball or chase anything down,i watched lafferty play for northern ireland aganst Romania ,he is the total opposite he ran and chased evry thing trying to create something out of nothing,i know who I would prefer in my starting 11.

like I wrote on the national team thread,the boys from faroe islands will be going to work on Monday our millionaires will be going to Mykonos for frapedakia and to get some new tattoos and get their hair done.

• Like it 1

Was that not the following season? Markarian fine-tuned the mentality that was always his speciality.

markarians speciality was tactics that's why we nearly knocked out mourinhos porto and gave barca the scare of their lives.