Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Accor please correct me if I'm wrong but Giannakopoulos was desparate for cash so he got the Sponsor "SuperFoods" to brand our team.  This caused MASSIVE upheaval in the organized fan base leading to various forums being closed (GWF and others).  

There was some intense tension between the fans and him but things seemed to be die down over the next 2-3 months

Then lately, Sparti FC (Gianakopoulos owns them) came out and sided with the same system that has been running Greek Football.  This goes against EVERYTHING that PAO has been striving to change and fight for the past 7-8 yrs

He basically sided with the devil which has caused tensions to boil to the brim.  There are various theories out there that they are in business together however I'm not sure if any of this is founded by evidence or just conspiracy theories

Nevertheless, his websites highlight Gavro articles moreso than PAO articles....

Everyone can make their own impression of Dimitri Giannakopoulo but actions speak louder than words and its crazy how 10 years ago Accor and I met a photographer who knew innerworkings of the "big time personalities" in Greece and he has nothing but POISON to say about him

2 hours ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

Accor please correct me if I'm wrong but Giannakopoulos was desparate for cash so he got the Sponsor "SuperFoods" to brand our team.  This caused MASSIVE upheaval in the organized fan base leading to various forums being closed (GWF and others).  

There was some intense tension between the fans and him but things seemed to be die down over the next 2-3 months

Then lately, Sparti FC (Gianakopoulos owns them) came out and sided with the same system that has been running Greek Football.  This goes against EVERYTHING that PAO has been striving to change and fight for the past 7-8 yrs

He basically sided with the devil which has caused tensions to boil to the brim.  There are various theories out there that they are in business together however I'm not sure if any of this is founded by evidence or just conspiracy theories

Nevertheless, his websites highlight Gavro articles moreso than PAO articles....

Everyone can make their own impression of Dimitri Giannakopoulo but actions speak louder than words and its crazy how 10 years ago Accor and I met a photographer who knew innerworkings of the "big time personalities" in Greece and he has nothing but POISON to say about him

Wow... and to think he had made a big fuss in those interviews a while back about the corrupt system in Greek sports 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:32 AM, Grkfreezer624 said:

He controlled that lockerroom well alright.....

Controlled it very well with a gutsy win overnight,not an easy place to go to and get a result (ask Oly fans), that after a tough 2 weeks he and our players had.

Freezer guess the locker room problems those AEK players you mentioned wasn't correct, sport-fm telling fibs and you are buying into them :)

2 hours ago, Original Sydney said:

I don't see how you can bag a coach who had his team sitting equal with your team.

So what did sport-fm say about his losing his job?

The fact that he BARELY did any off the field work with the team

There are no tactics... there is no instruction on how to expose a team's weakness...

Pretty much the new coach has a fresh slate to install whatever mindset he wants to b/c there was none of that while he was there

And yes... it sickens me to see your team on equal points with my team

1 hour ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

The fact that he BARELY did any off the field work with the team

There are no tactics... there is no instruction on how to expose a team's weakness...

Pretty much the new coach has a fresh slate to install whatever mindset he wants to b/c there was none of that while he was there

And yes... it sickens me to see your team on equal points with my team

Why is it sickening do you think your team is actually way better than ours?

Yes I think we have a better team than yours... you lack personalities on your team and the few you have are always injured or lose the plot

Almeida never really plays

Xristodoulopoulo is a hot head and EASILY rattled (see Larissa game)

Ukranian CB he's pretty decent.. only reliable player on your team

Lescott gets injured on "vacation" but its really his knee injury from the summer that prevented him from going to the gavro

Aravidis isn't really rated nor can be relied on b/c he's never been a true goal scorer

Compared to PAOK/Gavro/Us... you have the least depth and now with a truly inexperienced coach things could implode really quick

i think a lot more fate needs to be shown in Rinaldi and m'poku!!!....ibarbo needs to start firing otherwise most probable look for a replacement come January...i find it ridiculous we are looking for a goalkeeper....how many back ups have we?????

Edited by Green Man

On 10/17/2016 at 2:31 PM, Grkfreezer624 said:

Yeah pretty much. Got it right about Sparti and Marinakis.

Not so sure that he was more desperate for cash more than he wanted to advertise his own company, SUPERFOODS, through PAO! Plus, fans did not like the name change. Anywhere you read now, Panathinaikos is NOT Panathinaikos, it is Panathinaikos SUPERFOODS. It is a complete name change and a sponshorship. A sponshorship that gives 0 revenue back to PAO of course nercause is the owners business :D

I don't remember that photographer!?!?! 

Dimitris is a nutcase and now the last ( Fotsis is actually the one left) of the Mohicans, Mitsaras Diamantidis, is gone all s%$#! will break loose. Was very very VERY lucky to have witnessed the GREAT DYNASTY OF PAO for the last 20 years. It will be a tough son of a bitch from now on

Edited by Accor6

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:17 AM, Grkfreezer624 said:

Yes I think we have a better team than yours... you lack personalities on your team and the few you have are always injured or lose the plot

Almeida never really plays

Xristodoulopoulo is a hot head and EASILY rattled (see Larissa game)

Ukranian CB he's pretty decent.. only reliable player on your team

Lescott gets injured on "vacation" but its really his knee injury from the summer that prevented him from going to the gavro

Aravidis isn't really rated nor can be relied on b/c he's never been a true goal scorer

Compared to PAOK/Gavro/Us... you have the least depth and now with a truly inexperienced coach things could implode really quick

Lol this is comical. We lack depth, yet all iv seen posted today is how you had no subs to come on and make a difference as players tired, same excuse I heard when you lost to Celta, but we got the least depth hahaha.....

The Ukranian is pretty decent really? The guy is a beast and probably one of the best CB in the league.

Lescott only offers experience to us, other than that not much to rave on about.

Lazaros is a hot head? Why cause of one situation after the match? So does that mean he cant play?

Simeos? Johanssen? With the real lack of midfield you have these 2 would right into your starting 11.

Mandalos? Patito? Galo? Bakakis? Bakasetas? just to name a couple.......

The only real area you have it over us is upfront with Berg, the rest can be debated very easily.

Edited by Original Sydney

I actually forgot the Swede.. he's actually a pretty decent midfielder

Lazaros is known to get many cards and miss important games... he's known for it throughout his career.. he's a bonehead

The portuguse is not the same player from the past 2 seasons... either injuries or "age" have sidelined him for most of the season... can't help if your not on the field

Patitio has skill and did well for the 1st game against Xanthi but since then he has failed to be consistent.. plus hitting a player and getting banned for 3 games doesn't help the team...

Bakakis is not a very good player... you can feel free to disagree... dont rate him at all

Bakasetas has failed to realize he plays for a top team... pressure is on and he cannot preform

Mandalo is a good midfielder but if you have nothing else to build around him... he may put a valiant effort in but he's not going to give you much other than perfect passes that are wasted

You can debate your team with me until your blue in the face... but the bottom line is you bounced out of Europe without putting much of a fight at home, and PAO has had nail biting games against very good, technical teams.. teams that would easily rip through your team like the gavro did

And yes, when HALF the starting team is injured.. then it is hard to find replacements for subsitutions

54 minutes ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

I actually forgot the Swede.. he's actually a pretty decent midfielder

Lazaros is known to get many cards and miss important games... he's known for it throughout his career.. he's a bonehead

The portuguse is not the same player from the past 2 seasons... either injuries or "age" have sidelined him for most of the season... can't help if your not on the field

Patitio has skill and did well for the 1st game against Xanthi but since then he has failed to be consistent.. plus hitting a player and getting banned for 3 games doesn't help the team...

Bakakis is not a very good player... you can feel free to disagree... dont rate him at all

Bakasetas has failed to realize he plays for a top team... pressure is on and he cannot preform

Mandalo is a good midfielder but if you have nothing else to build around him... he may put a valiant effort in but he's not going to give you much other than perfect passes that are wasted

You can debate your team with me until your blue in the face... but the bottom line is you bounced out of Europe without putting much of a fight at home, and PAO has had nail biting games against very good, technical teams.. teams that would easily rip through your team like the gavro did

And yes, when HALF the starting team is injured.. then it is hard to find replacements for subsitutions

Don't forget we bounced out of Europe without a host of new faces that we currently now have, IF they were there it may have been a very different story.

Lazaros even as a bonehead as you call him and one who gets cards doesn't have any effect on him being a good footballer. Berg is one of the most filthiest forwards in Greece with his cheap shots and elbows BUT you don't see me taking away from him the fact he can play ball.

You obviously didn't watch Patito 2nd, 3rd and 4th game he was the only one trying to make something out of nothing.

The Portuguese I assume you mean Simoes played a very important role for us last season and is a work horse, he plays a big role in our team, take example the 2 Oly games we have lost, one he was taken out at 1-0 down and we copped 4, 3 weeks ago he didn't start we copped 3.

Plenty in our team are injured also yet we went to Larisa and got a result, so much for least amount of depth.

48 minutes ago, Original Sydney said:

Don't forget we bounced out of Europe without a host of new faces that we currently now have, IF they were there it may have been a very different story.

Lazaros even as a bonehead as you call him and one who gets cards doesn't have any effect on him being a good footballer. Berg is one of the most filthiest forwards in Greece with his cheap shots and elbows BUT you don't see me taking away from him the fact he can play ball.

You obviously didn't watch Patito 2nd, 3rd and 4th game he was the only one trying to make something out of nothing.

The Portuguese I assume you mean Simoes played a very important role for us last season and is a work horse, he plays a big role in our team, take example the 2 Oly games we have lost, one he was taken out at 1-0 down and we copped 4, 3 weeks ago he didn't start we copped 3.

Plenty in our team are injured also yet we went to Larisa and got a result, so much for least amount of depth.

Means absolutely nothing when you do stupid mistakes  that cost you acutally playing in games

Lazaros b/c of his idiocy cannot play your next game.. Patito will not play for the next 2-3 games...

They can be Cristiano Ronaldo for all I care... they cannot do anything when they aren't playing on the field

Lazaros picks up a mininimum of 7-8 cards a year and is likely to miss 2-3 games due to cards... I know him EXTREMELY well.. he played on PAO for 4-5 years... he's a player with MASSIVE inconsistency.. can look like a world beater one day.. and be off for the next 2-3 games...

When you add the fact that he will miss a few games here and there b/c of cards, then that further adds to his inconsitency... he is best when he has others pulling the strings for him and he works on a more peripheral role.. he is not a leader as he easily becomes eclipsed with pressure (his last year with PAO is a perfect example)

Now that you have Lazaros...Patito out and a few others with injuries.. lets see what kind of depth you got

Lastly, in regards to Simoes, what good is he when he doesn't play?  He is either injured or not in form... some "uncredible" report mentioned that he had personal issues going on thus preventing him from getting much playing time... who knows....

Bottom line, gavro and PAO have a decent amount of depth (Gavro might have the most)... PAOK is a close 3rd although their bench is really hit or miss... and AEK is a distant 4th

6 minutes ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

Means absolutely nothing when you do stupid mistakes  that cost you acutally playing in games

Lazaros b/c of his idiocy cannot play your next game.. Patito will not play for the next 2-3 games...

They can be Cristiano Ronaldo for all I care... they cannot do anything when they aren't playing on the field

Lazaros picks up a mininimum of 7-8 cards a year and is likely to miss 2-3 games due to cards... I know him EXTREMELY well.. he played on PAO for 4-5 years... he's a player with MASSIVE inconsistency.. can look like a world beater one day.. and be off for the next 2-3 games...

When you add the fact that he will miss a few games here and there b/c of cards, then that further adds to his inconsitency... he is best when he has others pulling the strings for him and he works on a more peripheral role.. he is not a leader as he easily becomes eclipsed with pressure (his last year with PAO is a perfect example)

Now that you have Lazaros...Patito out and a few others with injuries.. lets see what kind of depth you got

Lastly, in regards to Simoes, what good is he when he doesn't play?  He is either injured or not in form... some "uncredible" report mentioned that he had personal issues going on thus preventing him from getting much playing time... who knows....

Bottom line, gavro and PAO have a decent amount of depth (Gavro might have the most)... PAOK is a close 3rd although their bench is really hit or miss... and AEK is a distant 4th

So basically you are saying that Lazaros isn't a good footballer because he gets yellow cards LOL that's honestly ridiculous, never seen a footballer judged on his football because of the cards he gets.

Patito was already out last weekend and we won without him, Lazaros and Galo are added to the list this weekend because of their reds.

Simeos doesn't play? Dude do you even know what you are talking about? The guy missed 3 games maybe 4 at most last season and played 90 mins in pretty much every game for us.

Currently on Simeos it was said he was injured but that wasn't the case because as soon as Ketsbaia left he was in full training with the new coach.

I find it funny to hear you say you have the most depth along with Oly, where is that depth currently? Injured just like our depth.

When you get many yellow cards you become a liability to the team.... you have to play more cautiously and there is always a risk that you get ejected leading to your team to play with a man down

Additionally, players who foul a lot show a lack of pofessionalism which is extremely needed in order to make it to the next level in soccer... Wakaso is a perfect example... the guy is EXTREMELY talented and was on the radar of top teams in Spain (Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal and Athletico) however due to his hot head nature (minimum of 10 cards a season), he was cut from further discussions of top teams 

Simoes is not the same player he was for the last two seasons... the guy is a shadow of himself either due to injury or being in a bad mental state.... he is not relied upon and again didnt make a start

In regards to depth, we have 5 starters out with injuries and yet we STILL have an extremely competitive side for the match on Monday

We went into Spain without key players and STILL took it to Celta for 80 minutes... we had players collapse on the field in Liege and yet Standard had a horse shoe up their ass to come away with a result

THATS DEPTH... when you can compete on the European stage with plenty of injuries and still come away with some sort of result or put an extremely good showing

If you had the same sort of injuries, you'd be calling up ur academy kids to play

Gavro has the same type of depth