Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Yah...

Ideye saved them...  they looked TERRIBLE but thats what title contenders/champions do... they find a way to turn it around

At the begininig of the 2nd half, it looked like Irakli was going to have a comfortable win but then a handball in the box and Tsori scored

Then looked like it was going to be a comfortable draw for Irakli... and a Ideye came on and with a moment of brilliance he found the back of the net

The gavro does NOT look good from what I saw today.... poor team chemistry and playing with a chip on their shoulder

Hrakli does not look like a quality side either... aside from1-2 players... they do not have a good squad and their keeper is atrocious

I cringe everytime I see Kapino play for them.... he's turned into a really solid keeper and reads plays very well... he cut out a bunch of threatening passes/plays... Would be a starter for us 

I don't think anyone doubted samba's fitness. Simply when you have moledo, you need someone to complement him - someone with better touch on the ball and is much quicker. The guy is a monster, doesn't even have to move his neck muscles to generate power but football is played on the ground as well and attackers are going to expose his lack of pace.

As for Essien, well he doesn't offer any value now that he no longer run.

The team this year is very different fhe one we are accustomed to...  Last week I saw the whole match (as I wanted to see Lambrou more than anything) and they looked absolutely TERRIBLE...  Hrakli was VERY VERY VERY unlucky not to leave with tie.. if not the 3 points

Same thing this week against Larissa (who doesnt really have a good side at all)... in fact.. Larisssa dictated play mot of the game... you can make an argument that Larissa at home are a tough side... which I will agree with to some extent however the lack of will/ability of the gavro to form even a basic attack was pitiful yet again

Without the help of refs, this team is going nowhere fast... Just shows how much of an impact it is when it's 50/50 officiating instead of what the gavroi have been accustomed to 80/20... Last year, there would've been 10 minutes added time, a penalty given, and larisas goal would've been disallowed... 

I will say one thing... there are a few players on the gavro that I would like on our team...

First and foremost, it KILLS me to see Kapino play for them... He has made LEAPS AND BOUNDS of improvement since he left us... his time in Germany was well-spent as he now is a capable keeper.... reads plays... plays from the back.. good reflexes.. steady shot stopper

He needs to command his backline better but that will come with time... plus doesn't help that his backline is running around with no plan due to poor chemistry amongst themselves

The Norweigian winger they have from Hoffeinheim (Eliniousi?) is also quite a gun of a player... he is the antithesis of Ibarbo... he can read a play and get his teammates involved because he understands off the ball movement... quite a good pick up...  When Ellabdouai comes back from injury that R side will be extremely dangerous

And even though I woudlnt want him on our team.. you have to admire Cambiasso... even at 36 he is still outrunning the 26 yr olds and offers so much quality on his passing.... A fitter Ledesma would put it right

1 hour ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

I will say one thing... there are a few players on the gavro that I would like on our team...

First and foremost, it KILLS me to see Kapino play for them... He has made LEAPS AND BOUNDS of improvement since he left us... his time in Germany was well-spent as he now is a capable keeper.... reads plays... plays from the back.. good reflexes.. steady shot stopper

He needs to command his backline better but that will come with time... plus doesn't help that his backline is running around with no plan due to poor chemistry amongst themselves

The Norweigian winger they have from Hoffeinheim (Eliniousi?) is also quite a gun of a player... he is the antithesis of Ibarbo... he can read a play and get his teammates involved because he understands off the ball movement... quite a good pick up...  When Ellabdouai comes back from injury that R side will be extremely dangerous

And even though I woudlnt want him on our team.. you have to admire Cambiasso... even at 36 he is still outrunning the 26 yr olds and offers so much quality on his passing.... A fitter Ledesma would put it right

w out the help of the officials and all of epo, this team is NOTHING... Oly is solely responsible for the destruction of the league, the purchases of the passed "6 championships", all that champions league money they stole from every other team of Greece, the illegal heroin that was brought in by there devil owner, the burning down of refs bakery's, and all u can do is sit here and praise there players after the team was exposed today?!? Haha... Wow, just spread ur a$& cheeks open and take it from cambiaso, there Norwegian winger and the rest of the scum that wants to play for a fat f%&@ heroin dealer. Maybe u should go on olys thread and praise there players, I don't come on here to read this junk

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, ChiPao13 said:

w out the help of the officials and all of epo, this team is NOTHING... Oly is solely responsible for the destruction of the league, the purchases of the passed "6 championships", all that champions league money they stole from every other team of Greece, the illegal heroin that was brought in by there devil owner, the burning down of refs bakery's, and all u can do is sit here and praise there players after the team was exposed today?!? Haha... Wow, just spread ur a$& cheeks open and take it from cambiaso, there Norwegian winger and the rest of the scum that wants to play for a fat f%&@ heroin dealer. Maybe u should go on olys thread and praise there players, I don't come on here to read this junk

I'm looking at the game for the pure footballing nature of it...  

They have some good players... thats the bottom line

The way they run their club is a different story

I'd rather talk about the nature of the game than beat a dead horse over and over and over... we already know the situation, no need to sound like a broken record

• Like it 1

I understand that.. and I'll be the first to acknowledge it...  It will not be forgotten but the forums are meant to spark discussion and excitement

You can only belabor that point so much before it gets a little monotonous

Therefore, I'm trying to spark a different kind of discussion w/o ignoring the elephant in the room (we all know its present but it doesn't need to be brought up in every conversation)