Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Mate waiters in greece have a paid off house & holiday house an your stuck in the us paying your mortgage.

German tourists in greece have a greek salad for dinner as they dont have.

The west plays with your mind, its funny how the east has more money.

But thats another topic.

Too many brainwashed ppl in here that actually believe the news and dont understand the reality of life.

Compare appls with apples.

The english premier league is light years away from the greek league.

Belgium is a country full of poverty with muslims everywhere, dont let the EU jobs and buildings filled with foreigners full you.

Go eat some fried chips and travel na mathies kati

WTF??  Am I in virtual reality world right now??

Are you going to tell me that that the quality of life is better for an AVERAGE Greek than it is for an AVERAGE Canadian or American???

Am I taking crazy pills or something??

There are DOCTORS and PhD level scientists that have resulted to waiting tables and selling hot dogs to pay the bills in Greece b/c there are no jobs in Greece and the government wont' pay them what they are deserved which is why all the youth who gets an education is LEAVING the country....  Take this from a physician (in the US) who considered for a split second of going to Greece

What is left are the bums that sit around the cafes all day philosphising about how "bad" the EU has it for them...

At the end of the day.. Greece is in a terrible state of affairs because the people elected opted a corrupt system which economically destroyed the country which makes it UNINHABITABLE for the general folk

Greece is a TERRIFIC country if you got money...

If you got money, Greece is a PARADISE....  beautiful people... great weather... great scenery... layback life style... lots of rich history

But for the "average Joe"... Greece has EXTREMELY little to to offer.... 

As I get older and amass more money... then Greece will become a potential spot to live out the rest of my life... until then... its no more than a vacation destination

• Like it 1

Btw greece is intop of belgium in the medal tally at the olympics

Now we heard it all ladies and gentlemen....

I truly hope you are <20 year old.. in which case all is good

If you are older than that.... and you still are grasping at straw on making an argument like the "one" you made above.... then god bless you.... b/c you need all the help you can get

You mr greekfreezer dont make any ponts apart from lukaku, lukaku and then you throw in a hazard and you geniunly believe the belgium league and the belgium state is far more superior in their football and to add to that quality of life.

Ti les re, you remind me of the greeks abroad who live with mum, go to greece once every 10 years then remeber they are greek and drive some v8 car as its all you own and yet in 16 because i have a strong different opinion to you and greece destroyed belgium in the medal tally.

Edited by PAOKSYD

Relax man i know the greeks of australia did the same but at what price???

7 days a week work till they were 70 never say their kids never went on holidays never had a real relationship with their wives for what a house?????

Its much like the belgium league versus the greek league apo exw bela bela apo mesa katsi bela.

Most sydney real estate which is worth 10 tens some parts of north america is owned by greeks. I have grown up with them what did they achieve misery and illness. The only thing they took with them to the grave was security of having money in the bank. They lost the ball on everything else.

Love these convos can give you examples for days

^^^ America is one of the best places to go if you want to make something of yourself. I doubt a Lawyer or Doctor will be making good money in Greece. At least over here you can start a business or go to school even try your hand at sports to see if you have a chavce. There are a lot more oppurtunities and chances of making a decent living in the US compared to Greece. Greece is run by a lot of clowns that are selfish.

What are you saying man do you know the homes and holiday homes lawyers and doctors have in greece?????

Please dont talk from your and and disrespect a whole race based on ignorance untrues.

Travel greece and learn the truth.

Ethnikos he ripped into the greek race and you write back to him no offence.

The m#&#036;%&#33; should be banned for what he said, if a similar point was made to an italian on an italian based site the guy would be mauled.

I just find it amazing the anglo thinking unsalted softies who dont even know their own heritage walk around here like they know footall

• Like it 1

Truth is not fun for you guys ok.

Pana its time you booked a holiday to greece since you make so much money in america wtf you waiting for re!!

My real problem is i usually post in the paok section mainly about football.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I might not agree with red sherrifs football posts but the guy is not anti hellenic

Edited by athinaios
warning!!!!

On 8/19/2016 at 11:27 PM, PAOKSYD said:

Bottom line is america, austtalia, canada and belgium are terrific countries if you got money!!!

Btw greece is intop of belgium in the medal tally at the olympics

Took me some time to respond.. but finally opened up some free time.......

Now you have got to be kidding me.... please tell me your 12... PLEASE

Since when did medal tally at the Olympics mean anything?  I guess the USA destroyed EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in almost every category so the USA must be the most AWESOME place to live!!!!  Yet.... you hate on Americans............  oxymoron no. 1

China BEAT THE PANTS off of Greece in medal count.. so I guess China must be an exponentially better place to live than most countries in Europe!!  Whooo hoo!!!

Idiocy at its finest ladies and gents.... 

On 8/20/2016 at 2:57 AM, PAOKSYD said:

A meandro is a real greek symbol!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes and it got taken over by a facist party that uses the below practices to "voice" their opinion

Not to mention a corrupt, racist leader who runs around with his lackey bodyguards spouting ridiculous messages.....  If thats the image and ideology you guys want to support.. then full power to you

And before anyone starts talking about the "symbol" itself.... the MEANING of symbols is what is most important and like all things the meanings of symbols can change..

Just like the swastika was a symbol of luck and prosperity in the hindu/buddhist cultures... now its a symbol of hate and faciscm

On 8/20/2016 at 3:00 AM, PAOKSYD said:

You mr greekfreezer dont make any ponts apart from lukaku, lukaku and then you throw in a hazard and you geniunly believe the belgium league and the belgium state is far more superior in their football and to add to that quality of life.

Ti les re, you remind me of the greeks abroad who live with mum, go to greece once every 10 years then remeber they are greek and drive some v8 car as its all you own and yet in 16 because i have a strong different opinion to you and greece destroyed belgium in the medal tally.

And to put a rest to this lunacy... first of all, I named much more than 2 players who are world class... 

Second, their development  and professionalism around the game is MILES AHEAD.... the proof is in the pudding... the league is now delayed till september because of reffing issues and we STILL don't have a president elected.....

Can you see this happening any civilized league?

Third, I've moved out and have been supporting myself as a DOCTOR (so have some respect for your elders) since I was 18... Because of work I don't go as often as I would like but I do try to go every couple of years to Greece...At the end of the day, sometimes it's the price to pay to be successful but you wouldn't know anything about success as you construct arguments like a 12 year old

• Like it 1

Ive been to China half a dozen times for work and i work with chinesse let me tell you the lifestyle in china os fantastic and i could live their tomorrow if i didnt react to their food in a negative way not being racist but chinese food doesnt agree with me i am used to a med diet. 

The biggest killer in Australia for men under 45 is suicide over 6000 men kill themselves every year. 

Finaly i hear your beloved USA has a massive healthcare system issue could you clarify this for me please. 

I was joking about the Olympic medal tally but yes Greece did finish above belgium. 

I dont know what your issue is with Greece but i would like you since ur so old and wise to clarify for me the poverty line and how many people live below it in America along with the crime statistics of murders per annum. Since the USA is the greatest country in the world...

Really wanto her these things please 

PAOKSYD I was told in Greece that Greece had sold rights to Versace for the emblem that's why they use it, not sure how true that is though.

As for the Meandro, I have it as a tat on my arm, here in Aus anyone sees it they know I'm Greek, when I was in Greece I almost got jumped on the train by 3 guys who thought it was an XA symbol. If anything I honestly thought in Greece not one person would have an issue with it, but different mind sets here and different  mindsets there.....

On 8/24/2016 at 10:38 AM, PAOKSYD said:

Ive been to China half a dozen times for work and i work with chinesse let me tell you the lifestyle in china os fantastic and i could live their tomorrow if i didnt react to their food in a negative way not being racist but chinese food doesnt agree with me i am used to a med diet. 

The biggest killer in Australia for men under 45 is suicide over 6000 men kill themselves every year. 

Finaly i hear your beloved USA has a massive healthcare system issue could you clarify this for me please. 

I was joking about the Olympic medal tally but yes Greece did finish above belgium. 

I dont know what your issue is with Greece but i would like you since ur so old and wise to clarify for me the poverty line and how many people live below it in America along with the crime statistics of murders per annum. Since the USA is the greatest country in the world...

Really wanto her these things please 

Yes... please go live in China where civil rights are taken away at the blink of an eye, where a government restricts what you can watch/read/access, where the birth of little baby girls is looked down upon, where pollution levels in major cities is a "regular thing", a place where infectious disease outbreaks occur on the regular because of poor hygiene and cleaning practices in marketplaces, where minorities are racially discriminated against on a daily basis and are held on a lower class as an overall society... the list goes on and on....

You really have no idea what you are talking about as your main reason for not living there is the "chinese food" makes you sick............Again... arguments of a 12 year old... or an extremely ignorant adult

In regards to America, I do believe America is a great place to live.  There are problems in America (as in every country in the world) but most Americans are very fortunate compared to the rest of the world... the AVERAGE American has all the ammenities and luxuries that most people on this earth crave for

In regards to your particular "concerns":

1) Healthcare

Being in the healthcare field, I can spout on for days about this topic, but to be short.  Overall, health care is pretty good in the US.  This includes everyone from the VERY RICH to the VERY POOR.  Despite what is written in the media or popular belief, everyone has the RIGHT to healthcare... from the citizen who has lived here for 100 years to the undocumented person who just got across the border...  EVERYONE gets the care they need... 

If you are undocumented, follow up care can be a bit difficult as most of the outpatient medicine is insurance based, however I usually tell my patients to reach out to "teaching clinics" which are staffed by experienced physicians and training doctors (residents) or if their condition worsens then they should just go to the emergency room

The major problem with healthcare in America is cost.  B/c we have the most advanced medical technology, doctors order extremely expensive tests w/o clear indications for these tests and thus this drives up medical costs.  There are currently grass-roots movements to help educate medical professionals in helping curb unncessary tests.  I am currently heading an initiative at Johns Hopkins to help educate physicians on judicial use of antibiotics, for instance 

2) Violence

There is more violence in USA than most countries in Europe but I strongly believe this is also associated w/ the fact that a typical citizen can go out and buy a gun w/o any extensive research on the purchaser.  This is a debate point in the election this coming year and hopefully some regulations go down on who is able to possess a firearm

However, MOST violence is centered around gangs and poor inner city neighborhoods (drug hubs).  I currently live in Baltimore  which is considered one America's most dangerous cities, however I still find it relatively safe.  One has to be cognizant  of their surroundings and you'll be fine

3) Poverty

The median American household makes 55,000 a year... The median Greek household makes 12,000... The poverty line for the US is around 12,000, however once you meet that level, you recieve a ton of support from the government on the state and local level which includes (help w/ provisions, free healthcare, subsidized housing... etc.)

Greece has support for the less fortunate but is not as extensive..  

Additionally, to throw some more STATS your way...  The unemployment rate in US is somewhere 5-6% where in Greece its 35-40% (even higher 50-60% in younger people under 35)

So there you go.... takes notes.. b/c THATS how you construct arguments....

• Like it 1