Phantis Forums

Nerit Sports Becomes Nerit Plus

Starting January 1st, 'NERIT Sports' will be relaunched as 'NERIT plus'. To start off with, it will consist of content from ERT's historical archives. They plan to implement three daily programing blocks:

• NERIT Kids will focus on children programing, both foreign and Greek.
  • NERIT Life will be the largest block, focusing on local programing, talk shows, culture centric shows, Greek and foreign historical documentaries, travel and ecological content, tourism centric shows, woman and entertainment centric shows, etc.
  • NERIT Sports will focus on sports programing.

You can view the press release and the week's programing at the following link: http://www.typologies.gr/2014/12/31/%CE%BD%CE%AD%CE%BF-%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%AC%CE%BB%CE%B9-%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CE%B5%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%AE%CF%88%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%82-%CE%B1%CF%80%CF%8C-%CF%84%CE%B7-%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%84/

This whole launch and press release seem very rushed considering the press release was just issued the night before the launch and there is no logo or programing info on their website yet. Maybe it has to do with the looming upcoming snap elections, and the promise by SYRIZA to bring ERT back?

Edited by Grk101

So whats the difference between this one and Sports Plus, which has been approved for Canada by the CRTC and will be broadcast by OTN. I'm guessing in the next 2-3 months it should pop up on at least Bell Fibe and maybe Rogers, but Nerit Plus vs Sports Plus what the dif? besides the owners?

Edited by MCIBUS

So whats the difference between this one and Sports Plus, which has been approved for Canada by the CRTC and will be broadcast by OTN.

No connection at all between the two. They are both sports channels, but NERIT Sports was a channel NERIT launched to cover the World Cup games over the summer. They kept it around with mostly replays of sports content they had in their historical archives until the switch over now to NERIT plus. The new NERIT plus is no longer primarily sports oriented.

SportPlus is a satellite channel by (presumably) different owners that have acquired the international broadcasting rights for Greek Superleague and Basketleague games that ERT once had in its possession. They too broadcast replay sports content when there are no live matches, but it appears their historic content comes from NOVA Greece.

Edited by Grk101

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now