Phantis Forums

Sport Plus Launches On Dish

I doubt we will see HD broadcasts of Sport Plus, Antenna Satellite, or any other Greek channel broadcasting in US for that matter. The stations might decide to go HD, but in the case of US, I doubt if Dishnetwor will provide bandwidth to such fringe channels on their platform. It's more likely the channels end up on their IPTV platform instead of giving them HD bandwidth.

Edited by Blackhawk

I doubt we will see HD broadcasts of Sport Plus, Antenna Satellite, or any other Greek channel broadcasting in US for that matter. The stations might decide to go HD, but in the case of US, I doubt if Dishnetwor will provide bandwidth to such fringe channels on their platform

Dish currently carries 7 international channels in HD- 5 from India (including a cricket channel), 1 from Japan and 1 from Hong Kong.  Also, Antenna satellite has been with Dish since it launched in North America 2 decades ago, they appear to have a great relationship so I think if ANT1 ever decided to launch an HD feed (doubtful since there is no HD feed of their domestic channel in Greece) that it would be carried by Dish.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really can't confirm that they are available in Australia, but Sport Plus keeps listing Sydney game times along with New York times when they advertise their games, so they think they are.

However their web site only shows New York time listings. On the other hand their Facebook page shows both NY and Sydney time. Quite confusing.

They don't even list Canada on their website, the channel launched on Bell Fibe over a year ago but they still haven't updated their website.  Is the schedule correct and if it is why can they find time to update the schedule but cannot update the channel availability section so people know who the hell carries this channel?!  What a joke, these people remind me of the people who run Odyssey TV here in Canada, they don't know how to operate a proper website and can't be bothered to reply to any emails.  This is a very BIG pet peeve of mine, what the hell is the point of having a website if you are not going to keep it updated?!?

Anyone know, is SportPlus owned by the same people who own Greek Cinema?!  I noticed their website addresses both start with 'the' and the design of the site looks similar so I wonder if its the same owners?!

I'm not sure if their owned by the same people, I do know that the guy in Toronto who owns  OTN has the rights to Sportsplus & Greek Cinema  in Canada.Don't sub to Sportsplus though.