Phantis Forums

Greece - Ivory Coast

Irlandos

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greece deserved to win this game.  Karagounis & Lazaros showed that they should have been there since game 1.  I.C. is not a good team. This is a weak group, and, yes, the Columbians are better but not an impressive team.

I like the Greeks opening it up and trying to win for once. Better game play.

Lack of conditioning, but it's probably the oldest team in Brazil. Good riddance to Santos.

A better Greek side could have tied the Columbians and definitely beat Japan, and this IC team.

What a finish.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Everybody can see what a Greek team with Katsouranis sitting on the bench can do. Everbody can see that if you let the Greeks loose they have a half-decent team!!! They all played great today. Gave it their all. (Gekas should not come on again. Too slow, and without his cold-killer instinct anymore.)

Great game from the Greeks! One notch better than the Ivory Coast. The best game I've seen the Greeks play in years!!!! They resembled a REAL football team!

Yes!!!!!!!!

Maybe Santos can catch the next plane home, and just let the lads play in Brazil???

when the man in blue and white speaks - listen.....................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heart baby----all about heart and teh blue and white running through your veins....

--------------

did not think colombia's substitutes were an issue...

and, i predicted 3-1 greece.... am not surprised....they attacked, when u attack good things happen..........hit post twice......

but when you play to WIN, rather than play not to lose, you get a break here and there.....

Edited by bleedblueandwhite

I owe some of you an apology! Santos is indeed the problem and sincerely hope he leaves well enough alone. This team deserves to play as is, forget Katsou and friends, the gerousia should not even be in the bench....They can play an offensive game, if natural positions and abilities of the players are respected.

Edited by gcp

Congratulations to Greece.

They had more quality chances than Ivory Coast and I thought that they missed out on a number of chances to make it 2-0.

When they gave up the tying goal, which was an excellent play by I.C., I thought that it was over. They showed a lot of heart and IC made a mistake in trying to get the 2nd goal instead of just wasting time and this resulted in Greece getting another chance.

That was a clear penalty even though the announcer said that Samaras fell over himself. His back leg was clearly struck. Samaras finished in style.

So for the next game I have a solution to the Kastouranis problem. The team doesn't need him at his regular spot so play him at forward. It's not like the other forwards are having great games. Let him run his butt off and then sub him at the half. Greece doesn't need him to play 90 minutes.

ELLAS OLE OLE!!! :gr:

Great game, a little luck on our side at the end with the penality but FINALLY the team put in a good performance!  Great to finally see some of the younger guys play, Samaris & Christodoulopoulos played great, hopefully the craphole coach starts both of them the next game.  Manolas was a rock at the back, along with Maniatis and Torosidis.

Are you freakin' kidding me? Everybody can see what a Greek team with Katsouranis sitting on the bench can do.

My thoughts exactly Lazarus, this guy brings the whole team down as they have to compensate for his mistakes and poor defensive play.  I actually cheered when he was sent off in the game against Japan, best thing that could have happened for the team IMO.  Unfortunatley it was only a 1 game suspension, he will probably be back in the game against Costa Rica unless a miracle happens- perhaps Santos will get hit in the head causing his brain to function normally and finally put together a decent starting 11?!  :bangin:

before the game one of my thoughts was "these guys are just like another nigeria"....fast, some skills, but fottball IQ zero...

at 1-1 , why do you even allow the greek offense any room? if the roles were reversed, you think we would have taken the air out of the ball with 20 minutes left to secure the tie?

these are the type of games we excel in....when our backs are against the wall, thats when the team responds...thats just the way it is....

karagounis played a very good game, as did manolas...

i though christou was dangerous on the left side, holevas made some good runs, and even salpi made hos presence felt.....ironically, samaras looked tired and worn out until of course the end, but he knew where to go to draw the foul.....samaris i thought played solid....torosidis was victimzed on the IC goal as u can see clearly he fell asleeep and was two steps behind his man who scored the goal......

i still dont know what maniatis does....can anybody tell me? 

Again, when you attack good things happen, and we ALWAYS can fall back on D....we do that instinctively, and that was obvious today.....even when going forward playing d comes naturally to everyone.....

HEART baby....down to 10 guys against japan and draw....that was key...

and yes, katsourani has no business on the field. so many better options...

we gonna beat costa rica........more confidence, experience in tight games, costa rica never ben there before....knock stage is totally different type of game

They have nothing to lose now, but my biggest concern is Santos.  He should field the same team, minus Gekas, Maniatis, Salpi, and of course Katsou. Mitro should sit out too.  I thought that Karagounis worked well with and without the ball. He gave 100% in his last 2 matches. I think Lazaros embarassed Santos. Same with most of the players,

When Greece must win, because otherwise are eliminated, they play muich, much better. But when Santos stupid calculations enter, it's horrible. Plus, he is no tactician, can't do good subs, and he favors certain players regardless of their contributions. The team is better without Katsou. If he plays him against CR I'm gonna smash something.

Good job Greece today! Very deservingly beat IC. I admit I expected much more from IC but these guys have no "football IQ" (as bb&w put it).  It was so ridiculous that they left so much space for the Greeks after they scored the equalizer. Some of their players were ..walking back to defend (?)!!!

Anyway, CR finished first in their groupd for a good reason. But at this point it's a knockout stage and let's see what happens. Again, I think Greece should not park a bus in the back. They should try to have good possession and threaten up front. Defending all the time requires much more effort. I doubt the Greeks are very well conditioned.

Good luck!