Phantis Forums

Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)

js1000

Lewandowski, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Costa, Abaumeyang, Dybala, Higuain, Aguero, Ibtahimovic, Cavani, Giroud, Lukaku, Kane,

Hernandez, Benzema, Lacazette, Vardy, Slimani, Tevez, Benteke, Morata, Mandzukic, Icardi, Jonas, Bacca, Rooney, Remy, Sturridge, Dzeko.

There's 30 forwards off the top of my head.

• Like it 1

Lewandowski, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Costa, Abaumeyang, Dybala, Higuain, Aguero, Ibtahimovic, Cavani, Giroud, Lukaku, Kane,

Hernandez, Benzema, Lacazette, Vardy, Slimani, Tevez, Benteke, Morata, Mandzukic, Icardi, Jonas, Bacca, Rooney, Remy, Sturridge, Dzeko.

There's 30 forwards off the top of my head.

Specifically Strikers* i said. at least 5 of those are wingers eg) Neymar, Messi. Another 5 of those you could argue very similar level.

But yeah, looking more critically, you're probably right. There's a shitload of people at a slightly higher level then Mitro.

Dzeko in general is probably a bit better then Mitro these days. But an in form Mitro is lethal.

Edited by georgelaz

Well Suarez is actually a striker, Neymar rotates woth Suarez at the striking position throughout the match, Barcelona basically play with three alternating strikers

yeha I made like a million mistakes on my reply i ment messi * lol my brain links suarez - messi - neymar together so much that I brain farted lol

Edited by georgelaz

The best strikers in the world are *always* in form, which he isn't.  And not to say the Portuguese league is a padofla league but it's not much better--in Serie A he might do reasonably well, in Germany I think he could do well, but in England, he's just too damn slow.

yeah he'd never work in England. Spain he can do 'okay'. I think he would be perfect for Serie A

Mitroglou is currently one of the form strikers in world football. That is CURRENT FORM! Now to become one of best 30 etc he would have to continue his goal scoring form. In saying that you can't continue using his 2014 form where he shouldn't of been playing unfit & injured at Fulham & with Greece at Brazil 2014 as the bases of his quality. Reminder before that injury a bit after the WCQ matches against Romania in 2013 & since recovering from the injury he has been in good form. If Mitroglou was in the current fit, healthy & confident state of mind back in 2014 I believe he would of bagged enough important goals for Fulham to keep them in the EPL & would scored that sitter in front of goal in the last few seconds before extra time for Greece against Costa Rica.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not seen him play at all but I though Kone did well last WC, he was pretty much our only threat going fwd... he needs to go to a club where he can get consistent starts, the Fiorentina move looks like a horrible decision right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he's dominating again by the sounds of things. MIA last week when it matters and scores for fun in Portugal. Typical. Goes back to the tactics and types of players around him at the Ethniki I guess.

Sounds to me like he *is* scoring where it matters.

• Like it 1

In Australia if you have Foxtel you can watch every Benfica home Primeira Liga match through the Euro Sports channel. Now from what I've seen this season it seems as though at Benfica he has three attacking midfielders like Fortounis whom attack from the midfield, creating space for others like Mitroglou & the other striker Jonas whom become isolated rather than being cramped for space because the midfielder like Tziolis & every attacking midfielder other than Fortounis go side to side & wouldn't know what creative is. At Benfica even Samaris looks more creative as defensive midfielder because the attacking midfielder were busy creating space & attack minded.

• Like it 2

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Olympique de Marseille
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)
  • Tzatziki pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki locked this topic