Phantis Forums

Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)

js1000

He literally just signed with Benfica. Why would they sell him before the season even begins? Even a solid 6 months could see his value rise substantially.

I'd like to see him stay with a good club out in Europe for a few years at least. Bouncing around every six months doesn't scream "stability" to me.

He literally just signed with Benfica. Why would they sell him before the season even begins? Even a solid 6 months could see his value rise substantially.

I'd like to see him stay with a good club out in Europe for a few years at least. Bouncing around every six months doesn't scream "stability" to me.

Under normal circumstances you are right, but if Napoli is crazy enough to go anywhere close to the 45 million Benfica reportedly asked them for, Mitro will be wearing blue come September.

I agree that 94 mill is crazy money for Higuain, he is now the 3rd most expensive transfer of all time. But Juve is not a dumb club, he will do well there, and they have money to burn with that Pogba sale.

I agree, the money is too much, but it's not my money  :D

Personally I would have made Zlatan an offer he can't refuse and still had 60-70 in the bank, but that's me.

he got injured in the face in the friendly with lyon wich benfica lost 3-2. i dont know how long he played but this article says that its unsure if he will start this sunday in the supercup match against braga.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=nl&sl=pt&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.noticiasaominuto.com%2Fdesporto%2F632026%2Fandre-almeida-mitroglou-e-rui-fonte-com-traumatismos

• 2 weeks later...

after starting in 3 official matches this season he didnt scored a goal yet. this weekend benfica could not win at home against setubal and thats a problem. jonas is injured and will be back in 2 weeks or so. normally its jonas and mitro up front with jonas in a free role so i expected that jimenez would get the role of jonas so they are more dangerous but the coach play with mitro as alone forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Olympique de Marseille
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)
  • Tzatziki pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki locked this topic