Phantis Forums

Nerit Slowly Moving Foward; Launching In Early 2014

Funny enough, Greece's participation in Eurovision is what is pushing them to launch NERIT. The EBU does not recognize EDT, and part of the deal to allow Greece to participate this year was that NERIT must be launched by the event. The current plan is for EDT to transition to NERIT on May 5th. (The contest starts the next day, May 6th) During this transition, all that will change is the logo on the screen from EDT -> NERIT. There is a lot of backlash from those who support the old ERT about this, since NERIT will essentially be a continuation of EDT as they claim.

The latest information is that NERIT's own programing will begin May 10th if everything goes to plan. Already some programing that was ordered by the NERIT board has began airing on EDT, but the rest of it is supposed to start on May 10th. So if this information is accurate, NERIT will essentially be launching fully on May 10th rather than May 5th...

Still no news on the namings of the new channels though. Despite those in charge claiming everything is in its final stages, it appears that everything is still a mess. Plus you have SYRIZA who keeps saying they will reopen ERT.....

Edited by Grk101

The latest report is that the switchover to NERIT is actually happening this Sunday at 6PM. A countdown will appear on the screen shortly before, and at 6PM the news will begin with NERIT's new logo at the top, along with the debut of a new set and graphics for the news program.

Still no news on the possible name though....

http://www.real.gr/DefaultArthro.aspx?page=arthro&id=319179&catID=7

This is the new logo for NERIT:

nerit_new_logo2014.jpg

The logo was done by advertising firm BBDO Athens. All is on track for the transition to happen Sunday at 6PM. The logo on the screen will only showcase the letter "N", enabling the company to further modify it in the future. (I guess similar to how the EDT logo was modified slowly?? and I'm not sure where this leaves the naming of the channels? Are they just planning to call the channel by the corporate name "NERIT" until they decide on a new line of names??)

Starting Monday morning, the NERIT radio stations will begin their new programing schedule. Later this month the second television channel is expected to launch. No word on the satellite channel yet, but I guess that will come later after the second channel is up and running.

http://www.enimerosi24.gr/105088/%CE%B9%CE%B4%CE%BF%CF%8D-%CF%84%CE%BF-%CE%BD%CE%AD%CE%BF-%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B3%CF%8C%CF%84%CF%85%CF%80%CE%BF-%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%82-%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%84/

EDIT:

Here are a few more variations of the logo branding from their website and social media pages:

dt_logo_big-nerit.png

10170818_719233248127435_506675763131252

logonerit.jpg

Radio logos:

img-dr-proto-nerit.png

img-dr-trito-nerit-1.png

Edited by Grk101

The OTA transmitters are labeling the various channel frequencies as "N1", "N2", "N HD", etc., so it is speculated that those may end up being the on screen logos too but pronounced as "NERIT 1", "NERIT 2", "NERIT HD", etc.

Also here is a "get to know us"-type advert for NERIT shown during the news broadcast. It also features some of the indents they plan to use.

By the way, now that NERIT launched, maybe we should change this thread title. Maybe make it a general NERIT thread? Is that possible?

Edited by Grk101

^^ If I were to guess, best case scenario is it will launch with or shortly after NERIT 2 launches. Worst case scenario, sometime by the fall. I have a feeling that once NERIT 2 is launched, they will push for NERIT World since they were already thinking about launching an EDT World. So an international feed seems to be somewhat of a priority for them...

It looks like a rush job here to get this new service on the air before Eurovision starts.  I like the new NERIT logo, its not too bad looking but is a lot better then the original logo IMO.  I seriously hope they will rename the channels at some point down the road as I don't really like the current NERIT branding- NERIT 1, NERIT 2 just sounds horrible and doesn't really fit IMO as the name of a radio station or TV channel.

As for the satellite channel, I think it might not launch until well into the summer unless they decide to do another rush job and get it on the air as quickly as possible which IMO would be a mistake.  They should focus on the domestic service for now, get those channels operating properly and then later on focus on launching the international channel.

• 2 weeks later...

NERIT has (temporarily???) launched "N SPORTS" to cover their big schedule of sports programing coming up. It is using the digital broadcast frequency that EDT2 was using. WebTV has also been launched at: webtv.nerit.gr Today they put up a stream with the name "NERIT 2" which was showing N SPORTS. My guess is that this N SPORTS is the placeholder until NERIT 2 officially launches. I don't think it will stick around as a separate channel. Here is a screenshot from early today:

nerit_sports.jpg

This new logo has appeared on their website..... looks like NERIT 2 is closer than we thought.

nerit-ena.png

tv-channels.png

Meanwhile he website stream that was labeled as "NERIT 2" has been changed to "NERIT SPORTS" (as you can see above) and others are reporting the digital broadcast frequency name has also been changed to "NERIT SPORTS" from "N2" leading to confusion on if this is going to be a permanent channel....

EDIT:

Just found a few more logos hidden on their programing guide website for anyone interested.

nerit-hd.png

nerit-sports-2.png

Edited by Grk101

• 1 month later...

So anything further on this channel coming back to the US/Canada?

Yes, I would like to know if this thing is ever going to launch as well- I want my ERT back!!

I know, ERT is gone (unfortunately) and this new NERIT thing will probably be very different but at least we will have something to watch other then the same old black and white movies that are currently airing on the old ERT World channel.  Stupid Bell refuses, for whatever reason, to drop 'ERT World/Greek Cinema' and add Alpha Sat like other providers have done here in Canada so we are stuck with this temp channel that still says ERT World even though its not, it seems that the new ERT is never going to launch?!?

Can someone from Greece post some comments on this new entity, what is NERIT like compared to ERT?!  Also, any news on a possible launch for the satellite channel or *if* they even plan on launching a satelite channel?!  I thought they were going to launch 2 domestic channels and the satellite channel but from what I see above in Grk101's post they have launched 1 regular channel and 1 sports channel in Greece- what happened to NERIT 2?!  It appears as though things are just as screwed up with NERIT as they were with ERT!? :rolleyes:

I thought they were going to launch 2 domestic channels and the satellite channel but from what I see above in Grk101's post they have launched 1 regular channel and 1 sports channel in Greece- what happened to NERIT 2?!

They launched NERIT Sports so they could cover the World Cup. It is expected that after the World Cup wraps up, they will start focusing on transitioning it/launching NERIT 2.

Can someone from Greece post some comments on this new entity, what is NERIT like compared to ERT?!

I don't think you can get a real view of their programing yet, since it has been very World Cup oriented the past month.

Also, any news on a possible launch for the satellite channel or *if* they even plan on launching a satelite channel?!

Nothing yet. My guess is that it will launch after NERIT 2 launches.

NERIT 2 update: The latest info going around, is that NERIT would like NERIT 2 to be based in Thessaloniki at the former ET3 headquarters. They want the channel up and running before the Thessaloniki International Trade Fair in September....the obstacle is that the former ET3 employes are still occupying the building and broadcasting their own pirate programming.

http://www.typologies.gr/2014/07/13/%CE%B8%CE%AD%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BD-%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%84-2-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7-%CE%B8%CE%B5%CF%83%CF%83%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%AF%CE%BA%CE%B7/

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates:

The latest (unofficial) report circulating, states that NERIT 2 will take about another two months to launch. It is expected to be based out of Thessaloniki, and the occupation of the ET3 building by former employee is still a big hurdle. In the meantime, NERIT Sports will continue broadcasting live games and reruns.

http://www.newsbomb.gr/media-agb/story/477474/se-dyo-mines-to-deytero-kanali-tis-nerit

Still no word on a satellite version of NERIT yet, but I personally do not think we will see it launch until after NERIT 2 is up and running -- especially since we have heard no plans about it as of late. Hopefully I am wrong....

On the sports subject:

NERIT is said to be extremely close to signing an agreement to acquire the rights for the Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup National Team qualifying matches. It would be a joint deal with OTE TV, as apparently NOVA and the rest of the Greek private channels are out of the running. The NERIT board is said to have had a change of heart when it comes to their view of spending money on sports rights, after the tremendous ratings success they achieved with their 2014 World Cup rights. They began negotiating with CAA Eleven earlier this month, and everything points toward them being awarded the rights along with OTE TV.

http://media-industry.blogspot.gr/2014/07/blog-post_30.html

Edited by Grk101

• 1 month later...

NERIT officially bought the rights to select Greek National Team qualifying matches related to Euro 2016 for 1.3 million Euro. The first televised match will be tomorrow's Greece VS Romania match. More information here: http://www.typologies.gr/2014/09/06/%CE%B7-%CE%B5%CE%B8%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AE-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7-%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B9%CF%84-%CE%AD%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%BD%CF%84%CE%B9-13-%CE%B5%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%84-%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%81%CF%8E/

• 2 months later...

Finally at least some indication of an international version of NERIT. Of course they have yet to launch the long-awaited NERIT2, and there are possible political instabilities coming up....so who knows when and if we will see this channel in 2015... NERIT also has a long way to go in the programing department to properly fill this channel's programing IMO.

Edited by Grk101

• 2 months later...

With SYRIZA winning the elections, everything is up in the air with NERIT. Just a day before the elections, SYRIZA reiterated their promise to restore ERT. In fact they stated it will be one of their first priorities after taking power....