Phantis Forums

Charis Mavrias ‒ (Now Playing for Panaitolikos)

js1000

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Mavrias start and play 60 min against Arsenal. he looked good, agressive and was a threat on the wing, he played on the left.. He was replaced in favor of a seccond striker (Borini) as Sunderland were down 2-1. His crosses were dangerous and he tracked back well on defence, Arsenals goals while he was on came from the opposite side.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

yesterday he collided with a advertising board and needed stitches , he was subbed in the first half. not good new since he has to find a new club but not really serious interest in him so it looks like its gonna be another wasted season unless he can make a transfer in the winter. but they rather see him going this window so who knows. he has 1 year left in sunderland so they dont want to let him go free.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/charis-mavrias-hospitalised-after-freak-collision-during-sunderland-u21-win-1-7424643

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

since joining he has made 13 appearances, not sure if he's been a starter or off the bench. Karlsruche sit just above the drop zone. 

With the ethniki struggling for wingers thought it was worth a look to see what mavria has been up to, this season. Don't think he's been called up since Skibbe took over but maybe someone to consider given we are playing full backs and dekaria out wide. 

Still only 22 (will be 23 next month) so has time on his side, but admittedly playing for a club struggling to for survival in divi 2 of germany isn't ideal for his ethniki hopes. 
In saying that diamantakos gets called up playing at the same team, so maybe Skibbe is just anti-wingers?

Edited by paokarag4

He is worth a call up in friendlies. I remember him at Panathinaikos did very  well against Olympiakos that ended 2-2. He scored and assisted in that game. I don't know why he was not playing for Sunderland. Can anyone tell me why he was not playing?

• Nikitas changed the title to Charis Mavrias - Karlsruhe SC
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Charis Mavrias ‒ AC Omonia
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Charis Mavrias ‒ (Now Playing for Panaitolikos)