Phantis Forums

Orestis Karnezis ‒ (Retired)

js1000

• Argy changed the title to Orestis Karnezis ‒ Napoli

Apparently it's only a one year contract? I know he's 33 next week but still, surely he was worth a 2 year deal at least

Edit: Reading on contra it's actually a 3 year deal with an option for one more year. I got the info of the one year contract from an italian website, not sure who to believe here ?

http://www.contra.gr/Columns/to-evaggelio/napolitana-4-5-ekat-gia-ton-oresth.5252138.html

Edited by paokarag4

• 4 weeks later...

Tough night for him conceding 5 in their friendly loss to Liverpool. 
Clearly at fault for the 2nd goal, couldn't do much about the 1st,3rd and 4th. The 5th I feel he's not at fault but Napoli fans criticized him for not making the save. 

Needless to say the reaction from Napoli hasn't been great, and the pressure is now on.  

Liverpool 5-0 Napoli  

Edited by paokarag4

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see what they do with him now. Hang on to him as the no.3? Or loan him out.

Meret will be out for a while so perhaps they hang onto him to be a back up to Ospina and once Meret is fit again he'll spend most of his time in stands. Until January at least.

• 4 weeks later...

WELL after losing his spot to Ospina for 2 games (In which time Ospina conceded 5 goals) he is starting again tonight at home v Fiorentina. First 20 mins, he made a solid save on a strike from distance. 

Seems like Mr.Ancelotti keeps changing his mind on who his no.1 is. A solid performance today will go a long way to cementing his spot in the starting XI, at least in the short term

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Napoli made Karnezis' stay a permanent one...not too shabby for Oresti at 33 yrs old. Napoli paid 25 mill euros for Karnezis and young goal keeper Alex Meret....the bulk of the cash going towards the youngster's transfer fee but 2.5-3 mill is still alot of scratch for a 3rd stringer. I think much of this reflects on his professional demeanor and solid perfomances when called into duty. Good on him!

That's great. Still want to see him as number 2 or 3 for the Ethniki for the next Euro campaign behind Vlachodimo.

• 1 year later...
  • Argy changed the title to Orestis Karnezis ‒ Lille OSC
  • 2 months later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Orestis Karnezis ‒ (Retired)