Phantis Forums

Kostas Stafylidis ‒ Hansa Rostock

pao123

The last I checked (which was a few weeks ago), he was in a multi-way tie for fourth, if you count all goals scored in the season. I doubt he'll end the year as their top scorer, especially if he continues not playing.

Augsburg in real trouble, as well.

This article also mentions something I'm seeing hit twitter - that Inter is interested. They're posed to make a lot of big buys for next season (as they're flush with that Chinese cash)...would be tough for him to break into that squad.

Though I'd rather he try that than play in the second division.

Started today in their 4-0 win vs Hamburg, they're six points out of the relegation zone at this point (35 points). Three clubs below them have 33 points apiece, and Ingolstadt Darmstadt are the bottom ranked clubs with 29 and 24 points respectively. One or two more wins should see them to safety.

A win would have guaranteed his team stays in the Bundesliga (they drew today, which is still a good result). One game left, bottom of the table looks like this:

13 Mainz 37

14 Augsburg 37

15 Wolfsburg 37

16 Hamburger 35

17 Ingolstadt 31

18 Darmstadt 24

Hamburg is in the relegation playoff space (16th), and are coincidentally playing #15, Wolfsburg, on the 20th. A draw or loss by Hamburg will guarantee Augsburg stays in the top flight. If Hamburg wins, Augsburg will need to draw or win vs Hoffenheim (which is a tall order, considering their form this season - they're tied with Dortmund at 61 points).

I feel Stafylidis is one or two good seasons away from a move to a good team, staying in the top tier will go a long way towards his development and exposure.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Stafylidis ‒ Stoke City (on loan from FC Augsburg)
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw the game he did pretty well up against Mahrez. Nothing spectacular but first up he didn't look out of place won a few tackles. Let's see if he can string a run of games together. Game ended 1-1 after a Stoke goalkeeper error. Leicester hit the woodwork twice in the last 15 mins

• Like it 1

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Stafylidis ‒ FC Augsburg
  • 10 months later...

Stafylidis signed a contract with 1899 Hoffenheim until 2024 that will go into effect on July 1. Pretty good move going to an ambitious club who are still battling for a spot in the Europa League next season.

For EL qualification, Hoffenheim hope that Frankfurt lose to Bayern Munich and Augsburg, who Stafylidis still plays for, beat Wolfsburg over the weekend. So some added motivation for Kostas if he wants European football next season. 

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Stafylidis ‒ 1899 Hoffenheim
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Stafylidis ‒ Hansa Rostock