Phantis Forums

Aek - Panthrakikos

Genome

I am ashamed!

We had championships stolen from us and our "fans" didn't act this way. What black demons from Hell possessed them to storm the pitch and attack our own players (Milopoulos, Petropoulos) along with Panthrakikos officials?

I just hope they are forced to change their surnames if they end in -idis, -adis or -oglou.

While I have never supported AEK, I just wanted to say this is indeed a very sad in Greek football to see one of the 4 pillars being relegated for first time. A club with a lot of history and great player has now reached its lowest point. From what I can see I just hope the cancer is not terminal and they can bounce back because without this club the Greek league is not the same.

This could be a good thing with the club having to rebuild and basically be reborn...I hope they return next season.

On another subject while they conceded this goal...there were some very suspect results on the same day being Aris v Asteras and Verria v Platanias. Obviously both Asteras and Platanias have nothing to play for and that AEK also conceded a last minute goal. Not that this was AEK's only issue as you need to create your destiny through the season... but these games do not help

it is sad because the decision just came out today and aek got a -3 point punishment and starting the next season down -2. aek will appeal, but  i dont not think it will do anything. this is a sad moment for greek football.  the problem is made worst bc aek will not be able to pay back its debts with the esoda from the b ethniki...triitsoni was on a mission to not finish the match but aek fans ultimately prevented their team from one last chance vs an atromito team that has already made it to the playoff and have not been doing well..

the powers that be seemed to have gotten what they wanted...

In a way, this decision does not affect the outcome that AEK is relegated, because they lost the last 2 games and don't have enough points to stay in div. 1.

I'm not an AEK supporter in narrow terms, but it's a sad day to see them going down.  Hope AEK returns quickly and much healthier.

On a similar topic, why should the home team be responsible for the behavior of hooligans?  Especially at OAKA that it's a rented venue and I suspect security isn't 100% the responsibility of the home team.

I suspect there are people who are only fans of violence and don't care if a team is punished. They should be banned from the game.

I know it's a Biblical principle to be punished for the sins of others, but if I don't control 100% who gets in or approaches the stadium why am I responsible for the outcome? Maybe if I urged people to break the law, but otherwise I have a problem with this kind of punishment.

Archived