Phantis Forums

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume the articles below on fimotro.blogspot.gr might shed some additional light on the subject.

I presume as well that the "company that belongs to a competitor of ERT" is KBI?

Have fun reading

http://fimotro.blogspot.gr/2013/02/14_19.html

http://fimotro.blogspot.gr/2013/02/17.html

http://fimotro.blogspot.gr/2013/02/15_20.html

Yes, the competitor mentioned is KBI.

Now, on the fimotro posts, one doesn't know where to begin and where to end with the lies mentioned. These articles shed a lot of darkness on the subject, they intentionally mix truth with lies.

One thing that is true. KBI is (by the strict definition of the word) an ERT competitor. But does anyone here think that Greek channels are (or should be) competing when it comes to their distribution abroad? This idea is what created the MEGA saga. In any case, there is nothing illegal in a competitor holding ERT rights, unlike what fimotro might think or say.

The ERT announcements are true. They clearly show how messed up is everything in their heads, they change decisions every day, one day thay go one direction, next day they go the other. As a result, they are not moving.

A lie is about a supposed guaranty that ERT gave to someone.

And the numbers are all wrong. ERT did not pay the Chinese. The Chinese paid ERT, even if they messed up the whole thing, together with KBI. And they (with KBI) did not get $2.5M by anyone. And nobody got anything after September 2012. There aren't 70,000 subscribers of ERT worldwide (at least, paying subscribers, which raises the rightful complaint about ERT being FTA in Australia). Now, about ERT rights being valued 70M Euros, this is a joke that even fimotro should understand. Fimotro themselves say that all those bad guys got $2.5M for 2 years, or $500K for half a year (which is a lie, anyway, but let's use it for the argument's sake). So, ERT subs are valued by around 100 years of subscriptions. Interesting idea. 

Another genious way of thinking is that ERT subs are valued $1,000 or $2,000 each. Has anyone of you paid $1,000 or $2,000 to watch ERT? Or any channel? Does any of you think that DISH, or H2US, or Cablevision, or EllasTV, or DirecTV or any legal or illegl distributor spent $1K or $2K to get each one of you?  Well, maybe in 100 years.

The fimotro posts have only 2 possible ways of explanation:

1. They are written by an idiot in the state of delirium.

2. They are written by someone who was really abusing ERT subs base in the past and now lost the chicken with the golden eggs.

What would you vote for?

Yes, the competitor mentioned is KBI.

One thing that is true. KBI is (by the strict definition of the word) an ERT competitor. But does anyone here think that Greek channels are (or should be) competing when it comes to their distribution abroad? This idea is what created the MEGA saga. In any case, there is nothing illegal in a competitor holding ERT rights, unlike what fimotro might think or say.

The ERT announcements are true. They clearly show how messed up is everything in their heads, they change decisions every day, one day thay go one direction, next day they go the other. As a result, they are not moving.

Another genious way of thinking is that ERT subs are valued $1,000 or $2,000 each. Has anyone of you paid $1,000 or $2,000 to watch ERT? Or any channel? Does any of you think that DISH, or H2US, or Cablevision, or EllasTV, or DirecTV or any legal or illegl distributor spent $1K or $2K to get each one of you?  Well, maybe in 100 years.

Interesting comments, TheTruth. 

On the valuation per sub. though, one comment of mine: it is a market standard that customer acquisition cost per sub for pay TV operators is $700-800

http://seekingalpha.com/article/216166-dish-network-vs-directv-the-money-race

"Dish Network?s acquisition cost per subscriber (SAC) was close to $700 in 2009. Similarly, DirecTV?s SAC cost was around $712 last year."

So Google before presenting "the truth" here, OK?

No, no, no.

I am very aware of the marketing costs that DTH platforms have all over the world.

Dish spent $700 to $800 (not $1000, not $2000), to acquire a sub watching whatever what he is watching, not ERT (or any channel) a la carte. The cost of a sub might well be $1000 (although I'd say more like $500, even if Dish balance sheets need to show high marketing expenses), the "property", the "treasure" of ERT cannot be $1000 per sub. Maybe the property of all greek channels added together could be close to that. See what you are paying to Dish. Should we say $50 per month if we add all hidden costs? Should we assume an average 3-year loyalty? All income you generate is $1800, so one could spend $1000 to acquire you, but to watch ALL Greek channels.

TheTruth,

this thread is not about valuations of pay tv operators depending on sub numbers or subscriber acquisition cost. Start another thread if you want.

You seemed to agree with some points of fimotro and disagree with others. I have no opinion.

I just pointed out with a reference to subscriber acquisition cost  that "Truth" is a far fetched proposition.

So in order to preach "TheTruth", meaning  the Absolute Truth, which you seem to want to enlighten on all the rest of of poor souls catering Phantis sports club, YOU MUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST.

That's all

Following our exchanges with The Truth, I Googled a little more on DISH-KBI-ERTWORLD and I found  those "Far West-Cowboy Tales"

for " Santa Friday" ("Aghia Paraskevi" which stands for ERT). 

I think they are quite funny.

Those tales seem to be about illegal "circulation" of money from ERT subscriptions on DISH.ERT seems to have an issue with DISH on subscription money.

There is a "SHERRIF PEP-O-NI" chasing the bandits.The only "PEP-O-NI" I can think of is the Head Prosecutor of Greece for Financial Crimes,  Grigoris Peponis. If that is true, then the tales might be more than funny stories...

Other heroes of those tales:

Santa Friday: Simos-boss, Simos-bigboss, Jonny Klouzeu, Nick Meggrizli, Billie Oldie, E-Bour etc

DISH: Kue-Ling

There are some very serious allegations in these "stories". I wonder if they are true? It is easy to believe that the stories are true though, since it seems to fit what we have seen happen and seems to answer a lot of questions. For those who have been following the saga, it is pretty easy to fill in most of the "big names".

There are some very serious allegations in these "stories". I wonder if they are true? It is easy to believe that the stories are true though, since it seems to fit what we have seen happen and seems to answer a lot of questions. For those who have been following the saga, it is pretty easy to fill in most of the "big names".

I wonder too, that's why I posted the links, to hear other views.

But, if there were lies, wouldn't  someone sue them for defamation? 

To continue asking ERT and Government spokesman Kedikoglou questions every morning for 20 days now and them neither suing nor answering, that's enough smoke to guess there is a fire too. 

It's easy to match the names, are you missing anyone from the list?

Now, the funny Santa Friday stories do not add much to the "serious" saga Insider started in fimotro. It's the same allegations, yet humorous. And they are full of lies. Read carefully. Nothing is documented. The documents presented say nothing. And when the posts say something, then there are no documents. Where is the so called guaranty? Where are the checks? Where is the "Sheriff" investigation? Don't you think fimotro would have presented them, if they existed?

Suing a blog is not the easiest thing in the world (well, not in Greece), you have to match them with a person. You can't sue a web site (not in Greece). I am sure that some private entity or a person will eventually sue them. And I am not telling you to not hold your breath.

Now, the public sector (ERT, Government) don't really give a damn. If they were to sue everyone posting true or false scandal reveals, they wouldn't be doing anything else. (Not that they have much to do, anyway, in my opinion)

T It is easy to believe that the stories are true though, since it seems to fit what we have seen happen and seems to answer a lot of questions.

What questions do the stories answer? At least, for which questions do you need the stories to find an answer? Why has there always to be  some scandal or black money? I am not saying there isn't, but unless some part of the simple story doesn't match, you don't have to complicate it

What questions do the stories answer? At least, for which questions do you need the stories to find an answer?

Well for one, it seems to establish what type of connection Ms. "dum-dum" had to all of the companies. We kept seeing her pop up everywhere over the years and have questioned it on these forums. As for the actual allegations, they are pretty serious like I said. When anything like that is posted, you have to take it with skepticism. That is also why I personally didn't post any real names in my reply to 'potato couch', even though they are easy to fill in. Even if a majority of it is "full of lies", (Which I agree, seem exaggerated to create a funny story) I would still think that there is SOME truth in there just by how we have seen things unfold over the years. After all, they say that there is always some truth in lies/rumors.

Well, Goebels had a different way of thinking. Sometimes there is no truth in lies/rumors.

Now, about ms. "dum-dum", well it's true she had been engaged in a lawsuit back in the days of mega moving from dish to directv. But, what is not mentioned is that accusations were proven false (better said, they were not proven true, which is something fimotro fails to mention).

it is expected that she would be having some kind of relationship with all greek channels (except Ant1, who follow their own path since forever), after all she was an employee of the company which was handling all (except Ant1, again, of course) greek tv rights for the US and Canada, so she just created a company to do the job herself.

These relationships have been going through ups and downs depending on successes, failures, lawsuits etc... But they do not formulate any kind of strange interconnections or transactions. See an example (and I am going to fiercely use company names, here, and follow fimotro reasoning).

1. GMG has MEGA rights in 2006 (so GMG is obviously paying money under the table to mega, reasonable, eh?)

2. GMG moves mega out of dish to directv, so now GMG is also paying black money to directv, reasonable, too

3. GMG temporary gets ERT rights in 2010 (so GMG is obviously paying ert people, too, correct?)

4. Rights are transferred to KBI in 2012 (so GMG is obviously connected to Contominas, correct?, although we dont expect that they are paying him under the table :cw: )

5. KBI belongs to the same group as Alpha, so GMG is now obviously illegally related to mega, ert, alpha

6. ert world drops out of home2us, which is a GMG venture (and, temporarily out of ellastv-who are strongly related to GMG, correct?) when KBI gets the rights and is now only offered on Dish together with Alpha. Oops. This is now contradicting with statements 4 and 5 above, so, let's skip it  

7. KBI is the only bidder for ERT rights in 2011 and the tender is cancelled although GMG is related to KBI and paying ert people under the table. This is contradicting with all our reasoning, so let's skip it, too

I can also write funny stories about  "Pan-Pan, the convict" and who was handling the ranch back then

Now, about ms. "dum-dum", well it's true she had been engaged in a lawsuit back in the days of mega moving from dish to directv. But, what is not mentioned is that accusations were proven false (better said, they were not proven true, which is something fimotro fails to mention).

For the record that lawsuit was posted on these forums years ago, and anyone can find it online with a quick search and see that the court found those claims to be without sufficient evidence. ;)

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-jersey/njdce/2:2006cv05567/196740/64

I hear GMG has filed for bankruptcy and is currently run by a court appointed director.

I hear as well that DirecTV has  filed a lawsuit for one million against GMG , that's the reason Dum-Dum decided to bankrupt GMG

I hear MEGA is currently represented towards Dish by a Pakistani from Long Island, not by Dum-Dum

I hear the Pakistani acquired MEGA rights before the DirecTV filed its lawsuit and transferred them to Dish.

I hear the Pakistani cannot point Athens on a map...

SAGA is not over yet.

As for the "guarantee" and the "checks" TheTruth asks about, here is what Fimotro wrote today, supposedly asking the same questions for 23 days and supposedly again nobody answers.

The "guarantee" is allegedly a letter signed by Lena Hoida on February 14,2012 and is allegedly illegal since there is no decision on that by the ERT Board of Directors.

As said before, I have no opinion. I am extremely curious though why nobody comes from ERT to say "hey, these are all a bunch of lies... here is the truth".

Instead, for 23 days one of the most well known news blogs in Greece asks for the "Great Robbery at ERT", alleges a certain company is responsible for this "robbery" and even the company itself does not answer? a legal notice with court bailiff? a press release on the "damage caused by Fimotro's defamation?" 

Come on, something is really stinking....

http://fimotro.blogspot.gr/2013/02/23.html

I hear MEGA is currently represented towards Dish by a Pakistani from Long Island, not by Dum-Dum

I hear the Pakistani acquired MEGA rights before the DirecTV filed its lawsuit and transferred them to Dish.

I was wondering why a company that distirbutes South Asian channels has MEGA Cosmos listed on its website, now I know why. B)

http://soundviewbroadcasting.com/

Very nice, HellasHab. Team work sheds light over things  :gr: . With a few more contributions, we will know what is really going on...

So far we have confirmed that

a) DirecTV sued Greek Media Group and GlobeStar on August 3, 2012 and DirecTV is asking for a Jury Court !!!  

( http://dockets.justia.com/docket/new-jersey/njdce/2:2012cv04926/278041/)

b) MEGA is indeed represented in the USA by a Pakistan !!!

(http://soundviewbroadcasting.com)

The Broadcasting RIghts of MEGA COSMOS was an ASSET of Greek Media Group. MEGA started testing on Dish Network on November 28, 2012. 

And my dime of research:

The Pakistani seems to have the rights for several other channels from Pakistan etc which are on Dish, so obviously the Pakistani and Dish have a working relationship for quite some time- definitely before August 3, 2012.

(http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/international/?Region=southasian〈=Bangla#international)

Now the million dollar question: WHEN was the ASSET OF MEGA RIGHTS transferred to the PAKISTANI and from there TO DISH?

In a bankruptcy procedure - such as the one I hear for GMG - the answer to this question defines the difference between Legitimate Transfer and Fraud.

When did the bankruptcy procedure for GMG initiate? I hear after the DirecTV lawsuit, to avoid paying the damages to DirecTV

Is any lawyer reading this thread to inform us on penalties for fraudulent bankruptcy and if the illegal sale/transfer of an asset during a bankruptcy procedure affects the "seller" , the "intermediate" as well as the "buyer"?

This thread has all of a sudden become a very interesting one... :LOL:

If we're talking about Mega and GMG/Globestar/Titan or whatever they want to call themselves, shouldn't this be on its own thread?

I think KBI  and Dumas have been together all along since KBI got the ERT Rights in 2010. Where they stand now? probably at the borders of ...Pakistan :LOL:  :LOL:

Replying to several of the above:

1. All said about GMG is correct, I had said the same about "Mrs. dum-dum"

2. The Pakistani knows very well where Athens is

3. When MEGA rights were transferred is irrelevant. MEGA rights were with Titan, not GMG (exactly because of the DirecTV lawsuit). The reason of the transfer was the Titan/DISH bad relationship.

4. Ah, so "the Letter of Guarantee" has now become "a letter that guarantees"? What about the $2.5M Letter of Guarantee? I guess there isn't one. What there exists is a letter stating that, in the case that any ERT rights owner (in our case PCCWG/KBI) has to indemnify any distributor (in our case DISH) following a court decision, then ERT has to indemnify the rights owner himself (as ERT guarantees that such a clause exists in its contract with the rights holder) and cannot indemnify the distributor directly. Is this strange or suspicious? I am not sure that there was no BoD decision, but I think it's not needed for such a letter. And, in any case, it was never "enacted" or used, in any way. So, just fimotro BS.

5. ERT (and the Government) CANNOT reply to anonymous posts, it's as simple as that.

6. I already commented on the delirium regarding the 70M Euros, still fimotro BS.

7. We all now who is behind fimotro and he had been fired in the past by Kontominas (probably, unfairly, but, still...) ...this is why all those posts exist.

8. It might look reasonable that KBI and Dumas have been together all along, but then why did KBI drop ERT off of Home2US? And, KBI did not get the ERT rights in 2010. KBI subleased them in late 2011, early 2012, just for the period until September 2012 (but retroactively, since 2010)

Archived