Phantis Forums

Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (retired)

js1000

Yes we need some who can go forward and be dangerous aswell as be solid in defence. Torosidis and Seitaridis were both very good in attack and defence. The reason being is because they had high stamina and speed. They could contribute well by giving early crosses and support down the wing. They both were very good tacklers as well. 

Now to the players we have now like Kitsiou, Skondras and Bakakis. Kitsiou is the closest one out of the three that can take over Torosidis. But he is also a very long way aswell. Kitsiou can provide speed and stamina down the wing but is he that effective like Torosidis and Seitaridis? I don't think he is, I also don't think he is that good defensively either. 

Edited by Dean97

• Nikitas changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis - Bologna
  • 2 weeks later...

it was 0-1 for bologna against sampdoria untill toro made handball in the last 10 minutes and sampdoria scored the 1-1 from a penalty , the match even ended in a 3-1 victory for sampdoria. toro and oikonomou were one of the worst players of bologna. they arent doing well lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis ‒ Bologna
  • 5 months later...

On July 28, the 33 year-old Torosidis returned to Olympiacos after 5 years playing in Italy for both Roma and Bologna. 

It was time for a move back home where I think he can have another successful couple of years.

I will keep this thread open a few more days before it is locked. 

DjM5LemW0AABJIt.jpg

• Like it 3

• Argy changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (transfered to Olympiacos from Bologna on July 28, 2018)

I don't know how he would fit in the team because Elabdeloui and Masouras have the right back position covered. Tsimikas and Koutris have the left as well as Hajisafi. He might play a different position now that he has gotten older. So we might see him in a CDM role.

• Like it 1

This might mean that Omar is on the way out, he has been with one foot out the door pretty much every transfer window. I have read that M. Silva is pretty keen on him, who knows, summer window far from closed right now.

2 hours ago, georgelaz said:

all these moves that oly is making is looking good for the NT if they slide toro to cdm which we desperately need

I'd say we need attacking midfield before DM. Zeca and Samaris can hold the fort if they can get some relief in the form of ball possession from their teammates. 

I sort of understand why Lazaros would be first choice but I don't think it's should be set in stone. Fetfatzidis is by far the most talented in terms of skill, pace and dribbling. I don't think Lazaros is that good but I would still put him in the team. We also have Pelkas coming off a very good season. 

On 7/30/2018 at 8:56 PM, georgelaz said:

donis fortounis lazaros up top is great. 

alternatively we also go pelkas mantalos fetfa

I think our CM/CDM is our biggest problem

George, I'm sure you've seen the NT games. Is the most gaping hole not our forward creativity and possession in the midfield? I like some of our attacking midfielders individually, but they have mostly been impotent with the NT. I think Donis should be one of the first names on the team sheet and Fetfa should be given some serious minutes and some room to adjust if called up. Fortounis, Mantalos and Pelkas have my support, but have never really matched up to their opponents' midfields, even ones that are weaker on paper. 

Time to close Toro Greeks Abroad thread. Any further discussions can be held in the Greek National Team or Olympiacos FC forums. 

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic