Phantis Forums

Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (retired)

js1000

a great move, however, too late as js pointed out. at 27/28 he can still improve but he will never excel into the player he could have been. a move like this at 24 would have been ideal.

roma is a good fit for him, although he might run into some trouble if zeman gets dismissed. always a risk transferring into a team when the managers job might be in jeopardy. i think he will do well there tho and establish himself into the 11 as long as he stays healthy. good luck to him, good news for the ethniki and his career. have always rated him

• 2 years later...

Roma would be a massive step down for him imo. Seria A, the way I see it, generally feeds off the scraps La Liga doesn't want.  I think even Manolas is worth more than Roma.

I watched around 5 games this season in Serie A, the quality amoung teams like Genoa, Hellas Verona and Udinese is tragic. The ball is usually ping ponging anarchically up and down the field. That is why Lazaros, Kone and Tatchsidis always look lost internationally imo. Seria A is not challenging enough for average players. 

don't you think our boys in the Serie A....play against better quality opposition than  the 'international' quality they face v Hungary, Faroe, NI, etc....there is international quality and....international quality....

I know you are a fan of Serie A....Regardless the fact is even the GSL players play at a much higher level week in week out to most of the opposition we face at NT level.....Latvia,Lithuania, Malta ,FI, Hungary,Israel. Moldova,..etc...a lot of these guys play at a level that is barely at G Ethniki...and not much pressure..

Too much is made of 'International Level"...

Klaus scores in derbies has been prolific in Europe over the years...yet looks awful against NT minnows.

i believe you confused my post...due to the fact i quoted your post. i rated your post and quoted it, because i agree with it. yes, most club sides from top leagues at europa cup level, can give any NT a stiff test.

taking a youth and sending him to spain or italy at age 15 - the difference is negligable to me. as far as kpap, my feeling is that the top clubs in the world want defenders who can pass/keep possession. very rarely will they be on the back foot, defending deep with desperation. this is why i believe there haven't been overtures for sokratis. i believe they rate a sokratis as a fantastic defender, but not a complete 'total' footballer with attacking skills.

NO..I understood your post...i just think my reply was sloppy....  i agree

• 2 weeks later...

started ok yesterday but declined later on , his crosses never landed on the right place and didnt really go forward alot. defensive it wasnt alot better the 2nd half. the ratings by this roma site are even worse then i posted in the manolas topic.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forzaroma.info%2F2015%2F05%2F09%2Fmilan-roma-2-1-le-pagelle-torosidis-e-de-rossi-honda-alzati-e-cammina-ibarbo-si-e-perso-a-malpensa%2F436524&edit-text=&act=url

• 1 month later...

this article says that torosidis has clubs interested in him. not sure how big the chance is that he will leave. i guess florenzi has a little advantage over him.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.asromachannel.eu%2Fcalciomercato-roma%2Fcalciomercato-roma-interessa-mandi-potrebbe-partire-torosidis-45928&edit-text=&act=url

• 2 weeks later...

thats indeed what reports say. i dont know if they already signed a new right back but i think they already bought a left back. im curius wich cf roma will bring in. they need a forward who can scored at least 20 goals as scoring was roma's biggest problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Torosidis has become one of Rudi Garcia's favorite players. He can play on multiple positions and makes enough minutes even tough he was linked with a departure many times. He will stay as llong as the coach stays on that team. Living in a beautiful city and making enough minutes and money, everybody is satisfied.

roma is still looking for a more defenders including a fullback , in many articles i read that a transfer is still possible , bologna still being interested. i hope he can stay and show that they should keep him. this saturday he will be a starter at left back.

• Argy changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (transfered to Olympiacos from Bologna on July 28, 2018)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Vasilis Torosidis ‒ (retired)
  • Argy featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Argy locked this topic