Phantis Forums

Republic of Ireland v Greece

js1000

I'm flattered that you'd use my post (even if it is against me - smart move! lol). I agree, for Fetfatzidis to improve he MUST move abroad. That doesn't mean that he isn't already at a level that can help Greece though. Gianniotas is still a long way behind Fetfa. Another tricky youngster, Kolovos of Panionios, should also look to move abroad. But if they are good enough they should play, regardless of where they are and how much they play. At the moment we simply do not have a dribbler in the class of Fetfa and so we should use him

Personally I think Karnezis is better than Sifakis, but regardless I appreciate what you're saying and I agree when it comes to goalkeepers because a keeper can't afford to make a mistake due to be being rusty. An attacking player can afford to give the ball away once or twice in the attacking third until he finds his sharpness. Having him introduced off the bench is an option we could do with

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bottom line: santos does not think he fits in or oly makes the call ......all this left foot/weight shift etc etc is nonsense and not a reason for his omission. every player has defects if you micro analyze them like this example for fet....

he is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above anyone we have regarding skipping past people. his through ball is very good, and he is left footed..not to mention three games, three goals.....

santos LOVES holevas...so he plays every chance he gets...featuring for your team is not a pre requisite for being called...maybe for getting alot of playing time, but not to be called? how many guys get called and sit on the bench the whole game?

if he was part of santos plan he would be called and introduced just enough to get familiar with the corresponding unit he would be inserted with....

maybe he will be eventually...

I'm flattered that you'd use my post (even if it is against me - smart move! lol)

:D sorry couldn't help my self but your observations were true none the less. he'll improve abroad for sure but he'll improve at oly too if he plays regularly for them.

if he was part of santos plan he would be called and introduced just enough to get familiar with the corresponding unit he would be inserted with....

maybe he will be eventually...

santos likes him, fetfa's played 13 times for us under santos. i just think he wants him match fit before he includes him again.

• 1 month later...

Archived