Phantis Forums

Greek Channels on Home2US to SHUT DOWN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it’s worth, GMG is offering the receiver "free". Of course one still has to pay shipping and such...  :gr:

SORRY BUT THE RECEIVER IS NOT FREE.

IT IS $4.99 ADDITIONAL PER MONTH PLUS SHIPPING CHARGES OF $24.99.

This information was provided by Mrs. Georgia of GMG.

AM I WRONG?

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Don't let them fool you.

When they were offering the $50.00 initial fee for the receiver they were charging $29.99 for the MEGA package which was $19.99 for the channels and $10.00 for the receiver. Now they are saying the receiver is free but $4.99 per month. So in essense they charge $14.99 for the receiver each month.

I am still waiting for them to tell me which are the 5 ΜΕΓΑΛΑ ΚΑΝΑΛΙΑ in the MEGA package.

And by the way, why do they charge $24.99 for shipping and handling with UPS.

When I sent back their CRAPY receiver with UPS I only paid $10.00. So they are also making another $15.00 per box.

GREEK ΛΑΜΟΓΙΑ, I shouldn't expect anything less, should I?

Don't let them fool you.

When they were offering the $50.00 initial fee for the receiver they were charging $29.99 for the MEGA package which was $19.99 for the channels and $10.00 for the receiver. Now they are saying the receiver is free but $4.99 per month. So in essense they charge $14.99 for the receiver each month.

I am still waiting for them to tell me which are the 5 ΜΕΓΑΛΑ ΚΑΝΑΛΙΑ in the MEGA package.

And by the way, why do they charge $24.99 for shipping and handling with UPS.

When I sent back their CRAPY receiver with UPS I only paid $10.00. So they are also making another $15.00 per box.

GREEK ΛΑΜΟΓΙΑ, I shouldn't expect anything less, should I?

Βρε τους κλεφτες!!!!! :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, has Home2US shut down completely? I noticed that they have no channels listed on lyngsat anymore, and when you Google their name in news for the last week you also find this termination letter for the Albanian package as well: http://www.top-channel.tv/pdf/TCH%20Channe...er%20Letter.pdf

By the way, an almost identical termination letter about the Greek package was also sent out. The only difference is that the letter for the Greek package also included the number to Greek Media Group/Titan TV to call for questions and "the future of Greek TV in America" or something like that. Oh and the letter came AFTER September 30th in my case, even though it was dated September 17th.... :rolleyes:

Pretty interesting that in both letters they seem to point the finger at the right holders deciding not to provide content. I think the Albanian and Greek packages were the only paid services they offered.

The only channels I can get with the Home2US receiver are BVN and TRWAM and some promo labeled channels

Interesting that BVN is still at SES1, its distributed by Euro-World Network who used to have Croatian and Serbian channels on Home2US as well but moved them to Galaxy 19 awhile ago. I assume that BVN will be moved back to Galaxy 19 as well at some point, no sense having one channel on one satellite and all the rest on another.

Co-incidentally, earlier in the year EWN was getting ready to launch an Albanian package (some of the channels were the same as the ones on Home2US), yet its no longer listed on their site- they have launched a FYROM package instead.

Ellas TV was getting MEGA COSMOS from the Home2US satellite feed. Now that Home2US shut down MEGA COSMOS where are they getting it from?

Directly from Greece as the other channels or from Intelsat 19, the Australian feed?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what happened with GMG/Titan? And who is this new guy, and what does it mean for Mega Cosmos?? (and I assume all the rights GMG had)

TheTruth, even though it isn't directly related to current Greek TV, do you know anything about the Home2US vs SES lawsuit I posted on the previous page?

GMG/Titan had to transfer rights to someone else so that a deal with DISH could be reached. This is because DISH can't have an agreement wit GMG/Titan due to past issues.

Home2US collapsed, because their Greek and their Croatian business collapsed, so they could not pay SES for the bandwidth. This business is very risky. One (Home2US, e.g.) has to lease satellite bandwidth with a closed contract by a satellite owner (e.g. SES) and then try to find the business to fill it up and pay the bill. Wekk, in reality, you don't buy unless you have some customers already, but you need to buy more than what you need at a specific time or else you cannot add any channels. If you buy on demand then a. you might not find any b. you have to ask your viewers to change their STB settings every now and then. So, you buy based on what you think demand would be. And, what happens if you lose the customers you initially thought would be the base of your business? You get a lawsuit.

Archived