Phantis Forums

Anastasios Donis ‒ APOEL (on Loan From Stade de Reims Until June 30, 2023)

Euro2004

• 5 weeks later...
  • Nikitas changed the title to Tasos Donis - OGC Nice ◄ Juventus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

he should be ahead of Vellios, Diamantakos and Bakasetas....on current form.. And also the style of player we need to compliment Mitro..he is the perfect fit...

Vellios and Diamantakos have had horrific seasons....and their style even at their best does not compliment Mitro...

Bakasetas has had a bad season too....Also we have Mandalos, Fortounis,Giannotas that can play in the role he plays..

• Like it 1

I just feel that most players of these age are preferred to play for the U-21,U-23 teams instead of the men's one. I am not aware if there is any restriction to putting players in both levels (Men's and Youth's team). With current things however our NT seems to have some future players.

Siopis,Kourbelis,Retsos have became dominant players in the league and key stars of their teams.

,Manthatis,Androutsos managed to steal some starting spots from transfers that cost millions to Olympiakos

Gianniotas,Donis,Lazaros Lambrou could also develop to be upgrades from the current National Team.

Only time will show . Hopefully noone from Greece takes interest in these players. Coz every GreekSuperLeague youngster ends up being "THE NEW MESSI" before he gets lost in some LEVADIAKOS level team.

I love the optimism but dominated the league I don't think so. Siopis and Kourbelis have not scored goals and are very limited in assists aswell. Retsos has potential, but still needs experience. The last real Greek to dominate the Greek League was Fortounis last season. Before that it was Mitroglou. Although the future looks bright with players like Kyriakopoulos, Limnios, Risvanis and Barkas. They are still not their in terms of being in the national team. Or proving themselves to be the next Charisteas, Zagorakis or Basinas. They have some sort of talent. What I'm trying to say is that Ninis and Fetfatzidis were considered the next big thing at the age of 18. I don't see a player today who is like that. I also agree with Donis being a second striker in the national team just behind Mitroglou.

15 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I love the optimism but dominated the league I don't think so. Siopis and Kourbelis have not scored goals and are very limited in assists aswell. Retsos has potential, but still needs experience. The last real Greek to dominate the Greek League was Fortounis last season. Before that it was Mitroglou. Although the future looks bright with players like Kyriakopoulos, Limnios, Risvanis and Barkas. They are still not their in terms of being in the national team. Or proving themselves to be the next Charisteas, Zagorakis or Basinas. They have some sort of talent. What I'm trying to say is that Ninis and Fetfatzidis were considered the next big thing at the age of 18. I don't see a player today who is like that. I also agree with Donis being a second striker in the national team just behind Mitroglou.

You are actually comparing a Holding/Defensive midfielder who barely goes up front to help score a goal in Siopis and Kourbelis, with an Attacking Midfielder and a Striker in Fortounis and Mitroglou? Bro. Many teams found it hard to break Panionios midfield domination. That's why they reached the playoffs.

• Like it 2

On 2017-5-5 at 9:52 AM, Rockafeller Skank said:

You are actually comparing a Holding/Defensive midfielder who barely goes up front to help score a goal in Siopis and Kourbelis, with an Attacking Midfielder and a Striker in Fortounis and Mitroglou? Bro. Many teams found it hard to break Panionios midfield domination. That's why they reached the playoffs.

I understand and I agree with what you are saying. All I'm trying to say is it wouldn't hurt for Siopis and Kourbelis to score a few goals a season with good amount of assists. Bouchalakis when he gets a chance scores from outside the box. He has had a good left foot and powerful shots. He just needs more experience and game time. Maybe I'm asking for too much. I remember Samaris a holding midfielder who played for Panionios and scored at least 3-4 goals per season. Then he went to Olympiakos for one season and scored 3 or 4 goals with a decent amount of assists. This season Kourbelis and Siopis haven't scored once and had 0 assists each. They need to work on shooting and creating chances for themselves. 

Edited by Dean97

• 2 weeks later...

By far our most exciting young talent up front. It's been a while since we have had someone with real potential like this. Interesting to see where he ends up and if he gets a call from Skibbe in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Argy

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Its almost a done deal. he is going to newly promoted Stuttgart in Bundesliga. I guess hes gonna be a starter sooner or later in the NT.

Permanent or loan?

probably permanenti ve read. No official rumours have been announced yet,however. Juventus was just looking to sell him but they refused Nice offer. Too bad coz he could play at champions league and maybe gather interest from a better team. I guess It could be better that his career is moving very smoothly.

• 2 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Anastasios Donis ‒ VfB Stuttgart
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Anastasios Donis ‒ APOEL (on Loan From Stade de Reims Until June 30, 2023)
  • Argy pinned and unpinned this topic