Phantis Forums

TV Plus aquires UBI World TV

News is TV Plus company which provided balkan channels via satellite has now bought UBI and have started broadcasting channels on old UBI frequencies

Channel list currently for Greeks

Bouli

4E

Alpha

Star

MEGA

ERT

Emailed them said price will be pretty much the same and might be getting some other greek channels so will see what happens....

http://www.tvplus.tv/

Great news that someone was able to pick up the channels and also maintain them on the same frequencies! What are the odds of them getting ANT1 back on board to round off the package though? ANT1 always seem to want to do their own thing. It is also sad not to see MAD World listed, especially since Vouli TV seems like filler. I can’t imagine there is much of an audience internationally for Vouli TV.

Edit: Is this the same TV Plus that had their logo on Euro World Network boxes?

I don't think MAD World will be returning at best we might get MAD Greekz as that is already established and is pretty much the same thing as World shows only Greek music we might also be getting SKAI as UBI was in talks with SKAI few months before shutting its doors...

Vouli TV is filler its hardly on air only operates few hours each day and when it does its on when we are asleep lol

Ant1 will not be joining them IMO they are on 2 stable platforms which have been around for 20 years plus I dont think they will join any other platforms anymore here

Great news for Greeks down under. :tup:

Hopefully this is a more stable platform and will be around long term?! As for the channel lineup, I don't understand why they added Vouli TV and Star should be replaced with Skai IMO as that channel is weak- they only have a few Greek programs, airing mainly foreign series. Skai, on the other hand, has many Greek shows including the morning program with G. Aftias who used to be at Alter.

Too bad about ANT1 but its understandable that they don't want to join another one of these ethnic TV providers based on the past failure of other similar companies. I wonder why Foxtel doesn't consider expanding their offerings and adding more foreign language channels?! That might be a better option for some as they also offer stuff like sports and movie channels which allows viewers to have access to everything through one provider.

Hopefully Skai will finally launch internationally, they have been long over due.

Is it known if UBI subs can still use their old set ups since TV Plus bought UBI's assets? It would suck if they were forced to spend money on new boxes. Plus I think TV Plus will have a better chance of retaining more old UBI subs if they aren't forced to spend money considering the TARBS and UBI history.

Hopefully Skai will finally launch internationally, they have been long over due.

Is it known if UBI subs can still use their old set ups since TV Plus bought UBI's assets? It would suck if they were forced to spend money on new boxes. Plus I think TV Plus will have a better chance of retaining more old UBI subs if they aren't forced to spend money considering the TARBS and UBI history.

I think its very likely as alot of boxes were owned by UBI and were lent for use to subscribers so TV Plus would now own these boxes also so I would say they would continue to use them as they are working already with the channels being Free-To-Air currently for everyone to view until TV Plus is ready to launch the Greek package.

When TV Plus encrypted the Greek Package serves , they will replace the old UBI receiver boxes with there TVPLUS MPEG-4 receiver Boxes.

DKSat

LOL

Greek have already spent enough on greek tv but I guess we are gullible people and will buy again for these new boxes but I know already everyone I know have already went out and bought new boxes to join the MySat package (Ant1 and ERT) TV Plus needs to get moving faster or else might be to late for them to get any of there subscribers back.

As for me I wont be joining any of them have had TARBS, SelecTV and UBI there won't be a 4th time for us will just have ERT for now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update 26/10/12

Received letter from TV Plus $65.00 a month for channel package only 1 option available no a la carte etc

They say more channels to come in December will see what else they will bring but likely more small channels that nobody really cares about...

Channel list the Letter shows

MEGA

Alpha

STAR

4E

RIK

ERT World

Sunny Channel ( Formerly Channel 10 Not 24 Hours )

Sport TV ( Small channel mainly focusing on Olympiakos Not 24 Hours )

Bouli TV ( Parliament Channel Not 24 Hours)

Kontra Channel ( Mainly news and current affairs not bad channel )

HIGH TV ( no idea what this channel is website here http://www.high.gr/indexold.asp looks to be a very small channel no idea what is shows )

Moysikh TV ( Music TV so most likely just music videos )

Interesting line up, but in all honesty those smaller TV channels seem worthless. The only one that seems to have potential is Kontra TV, but it seems to only have about a half a day of programing currently. The rest is telemarketing.

I wonder if "Moysikh TV" is an original TV Plus channel?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

They do not block out any foreign content which is great! Their current channel line up is as follows:

Mega Cosmos

Mega (Live from Greece)

Skai (Live from Greece)

Star International

Star (Live from Greece)

Alpha Sat

Alpha (Live from Greece)

Kontra Channel (Live from Greece)

Channel 9 (Live from Greece)

MAD Music (Live from Greece)

Rik Sat

4E

They also currently broadcast the "pirate" transmissions of NET and ERT 3.

So i'm sure over the next couple of months there will be an international version of NERIT that they will be adding to their package and when ALTER comes back on air i'm sure ALTER Globe will return also.

Stay tuned :)

Archived