Phantis Forums

Sotiris Ninis ‒ (Now Playing for Kifisia)

js1000

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Amorgos said:

Shouldn't be hard to work out pash

I think you're going to have to help me "work it out," Amorgiggles. If the coach chooses fewer offensive players, then he's going to choose only the better ones. Ninis isn't even on the fringe at this point. Does Skibbe even know who he is?

^Well if Skibbe doesn't know who Ninis is then he's obviously an incompetent coach that doesn't possess the skill to scout players. Skibbe needs to do something to get the guys to play better and Ninis might be a smart choice. But if he decide to load up on defensive players then he probably won't get a chance to get called up.

Edited by J1078

I saw the extended highlights of the charleroi vs genk match. Both karelis and ninis played very well, especially karelis. Not only did they both score a goal, but they were also creating chances and linking up well with their teammates.

You can argue that, based on form, if you had to choose one striker to start against Bosnia, it would be karelis.  

Since our formation only utilizes one striker, I think that diamantakos should be dropped for ninis.

Tziolis and especially petsos shouldn't be called up either.

Bakasetas should be given a proper chance to show his worth. 

Oops, I meant to post this in the NT thread.

Edited by maggica

Perhaps he would. If Skibbe is going to pare down his choices, why would he choose someone who he hasn't trusted up until this point? Ninis' hope would be to replace one of the many that's there, not hope he somehow leapfrogs like three or four guys who have been getting call ups.

It's not like he can't try out a bunch of people - he calls up like three LBs and six CBs each game, after all.

I wrote a post on the fetfa thread, that, to a certain extent, would apply to Ninis as well. 

I just don`t see how borderline NT-calibre players like Bakasetas get consistent top-end minutes, but in-form players like Ninis, playing in a statistically better league, who has already produced for Greece and also linked well with Mitroglou in the past, keep getting ignored. Besides, maybe, on a good day, Karelis, we have no one on the bench that can be pugged in to changed the offensive dynamic, if needed. Even if they do not come on and score or directly set up a goal, players like Fetfa and Ninis can change the tempo of the team and sometimes that`s all a formation needs to create chances; especially in the last quarter of the match, and especially this team, who has the tendency to retract.  

Both Ninis and Fetfa need to be called up sooner than later; hopefully for the Belarus and Bosnia matches next week. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

I also agree, I don't understand why these players keep getting ignored, they at least should be on the bench as a second option coming off the bench if not starting. We will never get the full potential out of our team until the best players available are consistently on the NT. 3 players that needed to be on the NT whether bench or starting are Fet, ninis and holebas. these players deserved it more then guys like Tziolis, Tsavellas and Bak.. ARGY you made a good point that if our offence is looking stale and not producing then Ninis and fetfa should be a good second option at the very least. Right now we are living and dying with who we start with no bench options. If Skibbe cant see this then he's an idiot.

• Like it 2

12 hours ago, J1078 said:

I also agree, I don't understand why these players keep getting ignored, they at least should be on the bench as a second option coming off the bench if not starting. We will never get the full potential out of our team until the best players available are consistently on the NT.

I don think I've ever seen the national team with a full team. For example ive never seen the team with all our best players injury free. Ninis, Kone, Fetfatzidis and few others. We all know Fetfatzidis can take Gianniotas place. We all know Ninis can take Bakasetas place. The reason why I believe Maniatis and Tziolis keep on getting chosen is because we are very light in that position. 

• Like it 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also believe Torosidis should have left earlier when he was at Olympiakos. K.Papadopoulos is very unlucky because of his injuries. He is very talented and very driven and I believe if he wasn't injured all the time he would surpass Sokratis or be at the same level. Manolas is showing good signs. Fortounis has been in good form since he rejoined Olympiakos and it is only a matter of time before he goes abroad. 

What are Ninis and Fetfatzidis excuse?They have all the talent in the world yet that have not made it as far as I have hoped. 

Players like Stafylidis, Tachtsidis and Karelis are players who are young that can contribute to our national team. They have talent but I'm not sure if they have the drive to go further in their careers and as players. 

He was promising as an 18 year old.  He was the player of the tournament for the U19 tourney where Greece made it to the finals.  To say he didn't have potential would be unfair.  We can all agree that he didn''t progress much as he matured into his 20s. 

• Argy changed the title to Sotiris Ninis ‒ Free Agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Sotiris Ninis ‒ (Now Playing for Kifisia)