Phantis Forums

Greece - Czechland

Irlandos

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only 3 minutes left.......

It's quite evident that Greece don't have a midfield scoring threat.

Ninis could do that as he did vs Israel.

The Czechs are keeping everyone in the box and aren't being fooled. They know that's the only way Greece can score.

A long range shooter would open up some of those holes.

Euro 2012 appears to be over for Greece.

Ok....now that they are out of the tournament....(they won't beat Russia), let the younger kids play.

Karagounis needs to sit, no speed left. Russia is full of speed including the midfield.

Santos....I think you are trying to make Greece more of an attacking squad, OK, but that means you have to get rid of the dead wood.

If you keep this old veteran squad in for the next game you'll lose 5-1. (yes Greece will get another gift goal)

I need to point out that both Greek goals in the tourney were gifts. They have not been impressive offensively.

I would like to see a bit of the future in the next game.

The game was lost today by Santos. Taking out midfielders so you can end up with deep balls from the back of the field? What was it? Four strikers and not a single opportunity? (Maybe one - the goal by Salpi that was nullified as offside)

One of the US commentators just said: "The Greeks played a great 90' in this tournament, but unfortunately not in the same game!" :LOL:

How true... :( :(

Now, up with the Russians.

(We will probably let them win, because if Greece goes belly up (bankrupt) we'll be needing the Russians to help us out. )

A good chance that Russia are thru after tonight. Thats good for us. They will rest a few key players and not go in 100% then. Poland will play they're hearts out infront of their homecrowd against the czechs. It's not over yet!

I am really dissapointed in this tournament at Santos.

I thought we had got rid of that old regressive approach that Rehhagel doomed us with.

I can't understand why he selected Xalkias in goal!??! It is a baffling decision. One can argue that Sifakis could have done better on the 3 goals we have copped.

Also to start Kats-Kara every single match is madness.

The future can be bright but we can't have this negative mentality in this team.

I say that Santos can redeem himself by selecting players like Sifakis, Fetfa, Ninis, Fourtounis, KPaps and Sokratis against Russia. We should forget about progressing and look to the WC qualifiers.

We should forget about progressing and look to the WC qualifiers.

Agreed! But let's start that drive at the next game against Russia. If the play their subs, then it will be a good "friendly." And who knows? We might even get through. It's just that Santos needs to pretend that he is a coach that makes bold decisions.

I am really dissapointed in this tournament at Santos.

I thought we had got rid of that old regressive approach that Rehhagel doomed us with.

I can't understand why he selected Xalkias in goal!??! It is a baffling decision. One can argue that Sifakis could have done better on the 3 goals we have copped.

Also to start Kats-Kara every single match is madness.

The future can be bright but we can't have this negative mentality in this team.

I say that Santos can redeem himself by selecting players like Sifakis, Fetfa, Ninis, Fourtounis, KPaps and Sokratis against Russia. We should forget about progressing and look to the WC qualifiers.

I agree and Iam also surprised; I really thought the negative approach was done with. What a disaster today; he should have BEEN starting Fetfa and Ninis: guys who can create and play with cleverness. What the hell is he going to do against Russia, play Kara and Kats AGAIN? For fu cks sake, put the right guys together that have chemistry and stick to it!

I'm thinking Liberpoulos might have made a difference today in the 2nd.

Archived